Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tom Brady is NOT a team leader

Go down 
+2
EJinGA
sandyeggo_blue
6 posters
AuthorMessage
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Tom Brady is NOT a team leader Empty
PostSubject: Tom Brady is NOT a team leader   Tom Brady is NOT a team leader EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 3:08 pm

Am I just blind or is Tom Brady really not that great of a team leader. I have an idiot here at work telling me that Tom Brady should be guiding that team on and off the field and that a "real" leader in the locker room would have seen the signs and not let Arron Hernandez end up in his situation.

After laughing it off at first I realized my coworker is dead serious and he's blaming everyone but AH. The coaches, the team, and knowing I'm a Brady fan he's making extra sure I know that he puts blame on Brady.

Are my UM glasses not allowing me to see the whole picture here? I mean his argument holds at least a little water but how much?

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady is NOT a team leader   Tom Brady is NOT a team leader EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 3:14 pm

Tom Brady does not have the time or energy to babysit AH during the season and offseason. That's rediculous to expect that of him. He has a family and a life. Is he the greatest team leader? No. But he is as good of a 'lead by example' leader as their is in sports.

And that AH is a bad dude, and needs to be locked away for the rest of his life. He couldnt trust anyone.... Well, when you surround yourself with scumbags, that seems to happen.

BTW, Jamarco Jones commited to O$U today.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady is NOT a team leader   Tom Brady is NOT a team leader EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 4:53 pm

exactly the point I tried to get across. This guy I work with is the kind of guy that likes to say things to get a rise out of people. He caught me on an off day and got me ha ha. I'll just have to take deep breaths and brush him off.

Some Massachusetts prison team is about to have one hell of a flag football team though.

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady is NOT a team leader   Tom Brady is NOT a team leader EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 5:05 pm

In college yes, more of the blame could be put on the QB.  Of course the Head Coach would receive the ultimate blame but it is what it is (hypothetically).  The NE Patriots are a Professional football team.  It is a job, you come to work, do your job, and go home.  End of story.  Like I previously stated, if it was college then yes more of the blame could be put on the QB (undeservingly) because the QB eats, sleeps, goes to class, shits, and lives right next door to his teammates.  In the NFL there is this thing known as a personal life (which isn't private because of media).

Tell your co-worker that he is a jealous hater.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady is NOT a team leader   Tom Brady is NOT a team leader EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 10:58 pm

When I got my speeding ticket, I didn't blame my co-workers for not telling me to drive slower.

booboo

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady is NOT a team leader   Tom Brady is NOT a team leader EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 12:52 am

Former Patriot Matt Light is quoted "I never talk about other guys, but I will say I never embraced, never believed in, anything Aaron Hernandez stood for" A well respected player like Light was, I trust he knows what he is talking about.

Did Brady or other teammates suspect AH was hanging out with the "wrong people", did they speak up, tell Belichick? Who knows, guessing current Patriot players might have a gag order from management.

At the high school level, if a kid on the FB team screwing up off the field, yea, I would hope either the QB or teammate would speak up, go to coach if you feel you have to. Even at the college level you'd hope, as 2nd coming said, the guys that eat, shit, party, go to class together, etc., wouldn't be afraid to speak up to each other if there was a concern about their behavior.

At the pro level, this is their job. If AH was an asshole in the locker room or off the field, if he produced on the field, which he did, or during practice, nobody probably cares about off the field life. Now did Brady or a teammate sit down with AH and say hey I've heard rumors, stuff about your social life. Are you OK, any problems? If AH says I'm fine or leave me alone, what can else can anybody do? Not Brady's job to babysit a teammate.

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady is NOT a team leader   Tom Brady is NOT a team leader EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 12:19 pm

To try and point the blame at the team's quarterback, and NOT THE GUY WHO MURDERED AT LEAST ONE PERSON, POSSIBLY THREE, is the easy way out.

This is professional football. It's their day job. I can't think of anyone here at my place of employment who's making the rounds on the weekends to make sure people are staying out of trouble.

These guys are grown 'men' (a very subjective term, depending on who we're discussing). They should be able to look after themselves.

Not to mention, Tommy has four rings. Tell your buddy at work that whoever his QB might be, they clearly aren't as good of a leader as Tommy boy is, or else they might have as many rings as him.

Then say boom, and walk away. : )

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tom Brady is NOT a team leader   Tom Brady is NOT a team leader Empty

Back to top Go down

Tom Brady is NOT a team leader
Page 1 of 1