Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Even in a perverted "good-way" ohio fans are pathologic...

Go down 
+5
michmike
sandyeggo_blue
MichiganFootball13
fishgoblue22
BetterThansparty
9 posters
AuthorMessage
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Even in a perverted "good-way" ohio fans are pathologic... Empty
PostSubject: Even in a perverted "good-way" ohio fans are pathologic...   Even in a perverted "good-way" ohio fans are pathologic... EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 3:47 pm

It's a good story but shows just how fixated they are on us...

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/12-year-old-ohio-state-fan-grant-reed-fights-cancer-he-named-michigan-070913

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Even in a perverted "good-way" ohio fans are pathologic...   Even in a perverted "good-way" ohio fans are pathologic... EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 8:06 pm

If you don't love this story, you have no heart. I'm praying for this child.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Even in a perverted "good-way" ohio fans are pathologic...   Even in a perverted "good-way" ohio fans are pathologic... EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 8:26 pm

Oh don't get me wrong, I want nothing but the best for the guy but this goes to show the "nature vs. nurture" stuff is real. The kid was taught to hate Michigan, and unfortunately that is all he has.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
MichiganFootball13

MichiganFootball13

PostSubject: Re: Even in a perverted "good-way" ohio fans are pathologic...   Even in a perverted "good-way" ohio fans are pathologic... EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 8:34 pm

But if a kid at Mott did this same thing against MSU, it'd be a different story?? I don't give a shit if this kid named his cancer after me, as long as he "beat" it I would be happy for him!
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Even in a perverted "good-way" ohio fans are pathologic...   Even in a perverted "good-way" ohio fans are pathologic... EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 10:18 pm

yep that was a good story. It made my heart smile.

Good thing Urban was quick to get a PR shot with the kid while he was still in the hospital. F*cking FRAUD.

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Even in a perverted "good-way" ohio fans are pathologic...   Even in a perverted "good-way" ohio fans are pathologic... EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 10:22 pm

I hear you point but I still disagree.  Of course I want the kid to become health but truth of the matter is THERE IS NO CURE FOR CANCER.  Sometimes it goes into remission (as it thankfully did in this kids case) but It'll be back.  And if the kid named it after sparty it still wouldn't be appropriate.  Maybe if it was an STD and not cancer I could see it.

I admit, I smiled a little at first after reading it but then the OCD ohio people crept into my mind.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Even in a perverted "good-way" ohio fans are pathologic...   Even in a perverted "good-way" ohio fans are pathologic... EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 11:26 pm

I don't want to get too far off topic but regarding what 2nd said about a cure for cancer I read this article. I know it deals specifically with leukemia and not cancer in general but you gotta feel good about the advances in medical technology. I would love to see these diseases abolished in my time or at least be as curable as the common cold.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/10/health/a-breakthrough-against-leukemia-using-altered-t-cells.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Even in a perverted "good-way" ohio fans are pathologic...   Even in a perverted "good-way" ohio fans are pathologic... EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 3:54 am

The medical community is definitely making head-way towards a cure, I'm fairly confident that a cure will come within our lifetime. Of course if you listed to current High-on's they would tell you that there already is one, Simpson Oil. Don't tell me that marijuana doesn't impact someone's cognitive functioning....

I'm not sure about cancer, etc. being abolished as a whole ever but maybe it is possible? Even though the plague, small-pox, and other such diseases are pretty much controlled now they are still present. The diseases are actually smart, they compensate for vaccination and adjust their make-up to avoid said vaccine. Look at the Flu shot, that's why you should get a new one every 2 or 3 years if you partake in that cautionary measure.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Even in a perverted "good-way" ohio fans are pathologic...   Even in a perverted "good-way" ohio fans are pathologic... EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 3:52 pm

I don't know, guys. Whilst of course I wish the youngster a complete recovery from this pitiless killer, and enemy of humanity, his family's (particularly his father's) approach to the whole thing seems as over-the-top, given the circumstances, as Woody Hayes' act of pushing his car a mile to the Ohio border sooner than patronize a Michigan gas station.

If that were your child, would you honestly give a shit about rivalries, or sports, period?  I know I wouldn't; his/her health would possess my mind to the complete exclusion of all else.

Haven't we all said, when learning of fellow posters' (or rival posters') misfortunes and bereavements, that "There are things so much bigger than football" ???
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Even in a perverted "good-way" ohio fans are pathologic...   Even in a perverted "good-way" ohio fans are pathologic... EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 3:54 pm

I guess that's my point, granted stated in a better way.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Even in a perverted "good-way" ohio fans are pathologic...   Even in a perverted "good-way" ohio fans are pathologic... EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 5:58 pm

Are you guys seriously taking an issue with the way a family is trying to help their 12 year old son fight cancer?

Seriously?

PostSubject: Re: Even in a perverted "good-way" ohio fans are pathologic...   Even in a perverted "good-way" ohio fans are pathologic... EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 7:16 am

I agree with hail above. It is proven that a positive attitude does wonders in assisting the medical procedures. If somebody naming their desease gives them a postive outlook then good for them. If it gives them the will to fight on instead of just giving up, I say go for it. I think some of you are taking this personally and need to step back and see the big picture. Even UM sent a tweet about being glad they were beat. They did add it was just this once though.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Even in a perverted "good-way" ohio fans are pathologic...   Even in a perverted "good-way" ohio fans are pathologic... EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 7:23 am

michmike wrote:
I don't know, guys. Whilst of course I wish the youngster a complete recovery from this pitiless killer, and enemy of humanity, his family's (particularly his father's) approach to the whole thing seems as over-the-top, given the circumstances, as Woody Hayes' act of pushing his car a mile to the Ohio border sooner than patronize a Michigan gas station.

If that were your child, would you honestly give a shit about rivalries, or sports, period?  I know I wouldn't; his/her health would possess my mind to the complete exclusion of all else.

Haven't we all said, when learning of fellow posters' (or rival posters') misfortunes and bereavements, that "There are things so much bigger than football" ???

I don't care if the kid names it after me if it helps him cope and remain positive. Naming it Michigan gives him a fun distraction from from a life threatening illness.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Even in a perverted "good-way" ohio fans are pathologic...   Even in a perverted "good-way" ohio fans are pathologic... EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 7:51 am

""We've beaten Michigan for the short term, but like any rival, there's a chance it can come back," Troy told NBC-4."

Hey pretty insightful for a 12 year old who isn't old enough to remember the downside of the rivalry (for Ohio).

'shoes
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Even in a perverted "good-way" ohio fans are pathologic...   Even in a perverted "good-way" ohio fans are pathologic... EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 8:35 am

I wish the kid all the best.

This is the one time I will not root for "Michigan".

(And 2nd, tell me you wouldn't name your cancer "Spartie".)

I think sometimes people think WAY too much into stuff.

BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Even in a perverted "good-way" ohio fans are pathologic...   Even in a perverted "good-way" ohio fans are pathologic... EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 4:51 pm

Hopefully I never have the opportunity to name a disease in that manner but I'm pretty positive that I wouldn't joke about it.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Even in a perverted "good-way" ohio fans are pathologic...   Even in a perverted "good-way" ohio fans are pathologic... Empty

Back to top Go down

Even in a perverted "good-way" ohio fans are pathologic...
Page 1 of 1