Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Good article on the Urban Myth

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
EJinGA

Good article on the Urban Myth Empty
PostSubject: Good article on the Urban Myth   Good article on the Urban Myth EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 7:18 am

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/urban-meyers-ohio-state-carlos-hyde-bradley-roby-in-trouble-072213
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Good article on the Urban Myth   Good article on the Urban Myth EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 8:12 am

Now that is one excellent article. My anti-Meyer bias aside, Mr. Travis' wit, plays on words, and above all,
spot-on accuracy kept me reading to the end.

But to wander off-topic, have a gawk at this excerpt from his missive:

No matter what you do, everyone has worked in a profession with a hypocrite, a person who tries to
control his image to such an extent that he himself actually starts to believe his own lies.

Folks, I feel almost assured my last manager from my last non-contract job would take the cake in that
dubious category, above any of yours!  I'll spare you any putrid details.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Good article on the Urban Myth   Good article on the Urban Myth EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 10:43 am

Wow...great read.

sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Good article on the Urban Myth   Good article on the Urban Myth EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 1:36 pm

...Using Tim Tebow as a media distraction, he ran up a 26-2 record in Tebow's final 28 games. Even as the program fell apart, Tebow kept the Gators from sinking into football oblivion. But then what happened once Tebow was gone? Urban lost his team, and he'd lost the war...

My god, finally someone with a platform saying what I've been saying for a long time.

I also think the writer hits the nail on the head when he talks about Urban not being able to admit (at least to himself) that his will to win and the manner in which his track record has proven he has done so is so damn hypocritical to the values he tells everyone he has.

I can't say for sure, but I think if Urbs came out and said, "yeah, I want to win at all cost." I might actually respect that. I may not respect Meyer himself, but I would probably respect his will to win (to an extent of course) and just move along. I mean, the more I read about the ten year war and they type of coach Woody Hayes was I definitely feel that Woody was not the type of person I agree with but he was no nonsense, what you see is what you get, no illusions, no apologies and I respect that.

...Urban Meyer is the fakest major college coach in America...

That was a good read!

+1 EJ

PostSubject: Re: Good article on the Urban Myth   Good article on the Urban Myth EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 2:15 pm

The article almost sounded personal, but it is good to see a writer come out and say what most every non O$U fan is thinking.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good article on the Urban Myth   Good article on the Urban Myth Empty

Back to top Go down

Good article on the Urban Myth
Page 1 of 1