Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OT: Carlos Hyde

Go down 
+3
wshoes
fishgoblue22
sandyeggo_blue
7 posters
AuthorMessage
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

OT: Carlos Hyde Empty
PostSubject: OT: Carlos Hyde   OT: Carlos Hyde EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 2:17 am

So the video of the "incident" was released today.

At the 2:20 mark you see Hyde walk into the frame.

At the 3:15 mark you see him on the stage taking a swipe at a girl.

At the 3:40 mark you can see the guy with the cross tattoo on his right arm clearly upset at Hyde. Then after that you can see the concern as a few people flock to the girl to see if she's okay.

You judge for yourself. Hard to tell but I don't know for sure. Doesn't look like she hit him first. Maybe a push though. Kind of like a slap and he slapped her back. I just can't tell.

He's suspended for the first three games though I think. Oh well. Doesn't mean much for UM.

She decided not to press charges. I read she has two years to do so. Maybe waiting for him to get some NFL money first???

http://www.610wtvn.com/player/index.html?mid=23521022

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: OT: Carlos Hyde   OT: Carlos Hyde EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 6:03 am

She got paid off by someone to drop it.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: OT: Carlos Hyde   OT: Carlos Hyde EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 7:36 am

A slap on his part was stupid and wrong but pales in comparison to the punch originally reported. I think the 3 game suspension is within a reasonable range given no physical injury resulted and for whatever reason she isn't pursuing it (and it wouldn't surprise me either if she got cash to drop it).

'shoes
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: OT: Carlos Hyde   OT: Carlos Hyde EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 9:42 am

IMHO The real "problem" is that the kid was there in the first place and even got himself involved.

Why go out looking for trouble?

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: OT: Carlos Hyde   OT: Carlos Hyde EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 11:45 am

wshoes wrote:
A slap on his part was stupid and wrong but pales in comparison to the punch originally reported. I think the 3 game suspension is within a reasonable range given no physical injury resulted and for whatever reason she isn't pursuing it (and it wouldn't surprise me either if she got cash to drop it).

'shoes

+1

this is basically what I thought. Definitely punishable but not something to take away his entire season.

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: OT: Carlos Hyde   OT: Carlos Hyde EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 12:36 pm

joe wrote:
IMHO The real "problem"  is that the kid was there in the first place and even got himself involved.

What makes you think he went out looking for trouble? I hate OSU as much as the next guy, but come on. College kids go to clubs.

PostSubject: Re: OT: Carlos Hyde   OT: Carlos Hyde EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 2:28 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
She got paid off by someone to drop it.

I'm not so sure she got paid, I kind of think she may have had threats from the Bucknut faithful. Why else would she immediately go on "vacation" after the incident? She had to leave town in a hurry for some reason. Don't know for sure, just kind of odd to me.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Maybe that was a poor   OT: Carlos Hyde EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 5:36 pm

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
joe wrote:
IMHO The real "problem"  is that the kid was there in the first place and even got himself involved.

What makes you think he went out looking for trouble? I hate OSU as much as the next guy, but come on. College kids go to clubs.

choice of words but reports had his people "pointing the girl out" to him.

Let's face it. You don't go to a club, just stand around, and have someone accuse you of hitting them. That shit doesn't happen. He was doing something he shouldn't have been doing.

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: OT: Carlos Hyde   OT: Carlos Hyde EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 1:43 am

joe wrote:
hailtoyourvictor wrote:
joe wrote:

choice of words but reports had his people "pointing the girl out" to him.

Let's face it. You don't go to a club, just stand around, and have someone accuse you of hitting them. That shit doesn't happen. He was doing something he shouldn't have been doing.

Idk man, today's day and age has a new breed of females. Crazy bunch, I tell ya.

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OT: Carlos Hyde   OT: Carlos Hyde EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:24 am

It's ohio...

'nough said.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: OT: Carlos Hyde   OT: Carlos Hyde EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 6:03 am

All I'm saying is that our players party as much as theirs do. Theirs just happen to hit women while they party lol.

PostSubject: Re: OT: Carlos Hyde   OT: Carlos Hyde EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 7:33 am

I have stayed out of the fray on this because it is very similar to people who live in glass houses. Every team has player issues every year. It is also true that when it involves your team, the offenses and corresponding ramifications are always well within the bounds of being acceptable. But let the same thing happen to a team you dislike, well, all bets are off. The bottom line is this, he was legally in a bar (he's 22 I believe), college kids go to bars and crap happens when people are in bars. He was not charged and he got 3 games. Seems pretty fair to me and it sends a signal to the other players. Did the recent Hernandez issue play into the punishment? I'm sure it did. Perhaps that is a good thing in the long run.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OT: Carlos Hyde   OT: Carlos Hyde Empty

Back to top Go down

OT: Carlos Hyde
Page 1 of 1