Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wangler decision

Go down 
+5
joe
fishgoblue22
EJinGA
Admin
sandyeggo_blue
9 posters
AuthorMessage
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Wangler decision Empty
PostSubject: Wangler decision   Wangler decision EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 11:50 am

2014 LB Jared Wangler (De La Salle Warren MI) says he's going to make a decision in the next couple of days. Michigan just offered him. He's already a Penn St commit.

There is no way I see him sticking with Penn St. His entire family (literally) are UM alumni. He's born and raises Maize and Blue.

I can't see any scenario that he sticks with PSU. Looks like Michigan has it's final LB in this class.

So we struck out on Berger, Hubbard, Yeargin and Swain. We never got around to offering Tranquil and it looks like the staff feels they have no shot at Williams.

While I'm happy with Ferns, Winovich and Furbush (and most likely Wangler), we got our asses handed to us by O$U in the LB recruit department this year. Bummer.

Admin
Admin

Wangler decision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wangler decision   Wangler decision EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 12:03 pm

you bite your tongue, sir

lol

EJinGA

Wangler decision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wangler decision   Wangler decision EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 12:48 pm

I thought Michigan wasnt going to offer kids who were already commited?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Wangler decision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wangler decision   Wangler decision EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 12:57 pm

No, we'll do it...but be damned if one of our commits takes a visit after committing to us lol.

Hypocrisy, no doubt. But I don't care haha

fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Wangler decision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wangler decision   Wangler decision EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 1:09 pm

Admin wrote:
No, we'll do it...but be damned if one of our commits takes a visit after committing to us lol.

Hypocrisy, no doubt. But I don't care haha

I see no hypocrisy in it at all. Hoke just says "if you commit, we consider you committed". Which means don't commit until you are sure this is what you want. Offering kids committed to other schools has nothing to do with that. If they are truely committed, the UM offer won't mean much, but if they aren't, then that kid was never really committed in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Wangler decision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wangler decision   Wangler decision EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 1:55 pm

Fair points.

joe

joe

Wangler decision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wangler decision   Wangler decision EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 3:08 pm

+2 to Fish

In my opinion you have to separate the 2.

joe

Wangler decision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wangler decision   Wangler decision EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 3:09 pm

And with that I'll add that I'd offer committed kids up until the moment they sign that LOI for another school.

Same thing every other coach does.

WolverineHistorian

Wangler decision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wangler decision   Wangler decision EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 4:43 pm

A Wangler not going to Michigan is just plain wrong.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
Admin
Admin
Admin

Wangler decision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wangler decision   Wangler decision EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 5:48 pm

WolverineHistorian wrote:

+1000

michmike

Wangler decision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wangler decision   Wangler decision EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 12:30 pm

WolverineHistorian wrote:

A-Frickin'-MEN, WH. I flat-out loved Johnny Wangs, as Bo & Co. all called him. Not only because
he brought us our first** Rose Bowl title (with lots of help from AC, that O-Line, Woolfolk and a
superb defebse), nor only because of that miracle 45-yarder to AC (in Lee Corso's face, no less),
which your library has well-documented.

But also, during the 1979 regular season...didn't he start our scoring vs. OSU (which stole it
from us, 18-15, thanks to blocked punts) by throwing a long bomb to AC, whose speed had
gotten him behind everyone?

As for the hypocrisy argument of Hoke offering, I tend to agree with Fish's dichotomy between
being "committed" and being "really committed", since after all no verbal commitment is binding.
But more than that: the PSU thing makes it a special case. Whether or not Jared committed before
their four-year penalties were announced, I think he'll think better of it very soon. Particularly with
a winged helmet offer now on his desk.

**- the first since I became a Michigan fan (Sept.1970)
Back to top Go down
michmike

Wangler decision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wangler decision   Wangler decision EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 2:12 pm

Addendum to my note above...also remember how Bo lauded Johnny Wangs' dedication to rehab'bing the knee torn up in the post-1979 season bowl game on that vicious tackle by future NFL HOFer (and societal trash) Lawrence Taylor ("He'd be the first one in the weight room, and last one out when I'd lock the building at night"---Bo).

I was so happy to see John's hard work rewarded. Gotta believe in the "chip off the old block" theory, particularly in a field so demanding of dedication as football...so I'd feel good about getting Jared. Three stars or 1,000 stars, his [perceived] work ethic alone would be worth the price of a schollie.
Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

Wangler decision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wangler decision   Wangler decision EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 10:29 pm

Great pic from this afternoon...

Wangler decision 1Wangler

Nice to see Johnny Wangs back on campus.

Son Jared is set to make his decision in the next 48 hours.
Back to top Go down
michmike

Wangler decision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wangler decision   Wangler decision EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 7:02 am

WH---is that Jared next to him, with his back to us?
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Wangler decision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wangler decision   Wangler decision EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 7:36 am

Mike, as usual, no one says it better. Agree with you and Historian- A Wangler must go to Mich, anything other than the winged helmet just wouldn't look right on him.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

Wangler decision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wangler decision   Wangler decision EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 8:51 am

michmike wrote:
WH---is that Jared next to him, with his back to us?
Yeah. That's him.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Wangler decision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wangler decision   Wangler decision EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 1:36 pm

It's a done deal. Wangler is Blue.

Admin
Admin

Wangler decision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wangler decision   Wangler decision EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 1:42 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
NIIIICE.

GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

Wangler decision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wangler decision   Wangler decision EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 1:55 pm

Admin wrote:
sandyeggo_blue wrote:
NIIIICE.
Link:
http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2013/08/2014_linebacker_jared_wangler.html#incart_flyout_sports

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Wangler decision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wangler decision   Wangler decision EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 2:05 pm

GOBLUEJOE66, that is an awesome avatar.

WolverineHistorian

Wangler decision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wangler decision   Wangler decision EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 3:51 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
As he should be. Sweet!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wangler decision Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wangler decision   Wangler decision Empty

Back to top Go down

Wangler decision
Page 1 of 1