Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How does Gardner line up

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

How does Gardner line up Empty
PostSubject: How does Gardner line up   How does Gardner line up EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 8:32 pm

With ND's D line having a big weight and experience advantage over our O line how do you see Gardner lining up Saturday? I think it's probably widely accepted that ND's D line pushed our O line around last year and their ends (especially Tuitt) collapsed our pocket enough to help create those turnovers. I mean let's face it, you don't throw five INTs with a pocket that giving you all of the time in the world. So with that said, does Gardner take more snaps at Pistol and Shutgun as opposed to lining up under center? I say he does.

I do think we will see Lewan on Tuitt so that will help and as long as we can line up a TE next to Schofield then they should be able to keep Day in check. That could also help create some space for our backs and Devin to get outside.

The real concern is Nix lining up over our interior lineman. This is a mismatch all the way around. Miller is giving up 60 lbs and Kalis and Glasgow aren't far behind. I don't see us lining up and running the ball down the middle. It's just not going to happen but I think if our TEs can seal off the ND ends then our guys can get outside and have a chance to run.

I think that because of this we'll see Devin on a lot of roll out passes and that may not be by design. The nice thing is that he's a much better passer than Denard will ever be so I don't anticipate the turnovers. There are two stats that kill me when I look back to the game last year. 1) five strait passes resulted in a INT. 2) we were in the red zone five times and came away with 6 points. That's not going to happen this year.

Any thoughts?

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: How does Gardner line up   How does Gardner line up EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 9:08 pm

I think mostly pistol and shotgun.  I love that he scrambles but looks to pass.  Last week to Dileo, the Minn game last year to Dileo are great examples.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How does Gardner line up   How does Gardner line up EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 10:53 pm

We'll probably see more shotgun (traditional and pistol) than under center, despite the fact that our coaches continue to insist we're getting back to a traditional, ground-and-pound team.

I wonder if the coaches were fully hoping to get back to a pro set offense this season, but the offensive line didn't show enough promise in camp to do so?

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How does Gardner line up   How does Gardner line up Empty

Back to top Go down

How does Gardner line up
Page 1 of 1