Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Akron

Go down 
+3
hailtoyourvictor
BetterThansparty
sandyeggo_blue
7 posters
AuthorMessage
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Akron Empty
PostSubject: Akron   Akron EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 10:37 pm

Ok I know there isn't a person on this board worried about the game tomorrow. That said, name 5 things you'd like to see from the team tomorrow.

here are mine in no particular order...

1. Shane and the other QBs getting snaps and lots of them. I'm not saying pull DG after the first Q but there is no reason to leave him in if we're up comfortably no matter what quarter it is.

2. Green, Smith, Hayes, Rawls.

3. I would like to see a few blitz packages by the D. I think they did a good job holding their own against the ND O line but like a lot of us commented there just wasn't as much pressure as we would like to have seen. let's dial it up tomorrow.

4. Let's get some O line rotation. We get it... Lewan and Schofield are bookend all B1G. I know the interior needs time to "gel" and this would be a good game for that but lets rotate in some new meat. What if Miller goes down early in the season. Tomorrow would be a good game to get Kugler some snaps.

5. Throw the deep ball. I want to see them fine tune that before we get into the B1G schedule. No Darboh hurts us. let's get some practice with Chesson going deep.

Hoke has the boys progressing well. I don't see any reason we shouldn't be hitting our stride and peaking right when we need to at the end of the season. Akron is just one step in that process.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Akron Empty
PostSubject: Re: Akron   Akron EmptyFri Sep 13, 2013 11:25 pm

Don't forget about @Uconn......
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

Akron Empty
PostSubject: Re: Akron   Akron EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 1:21 am

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
UConn is probably the easiest OOC game on our schedule.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Akron Empty
PostSubject: Re: Akron   Akron EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 5:41 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Ok I know there isn't a person on this board worried about the game tomorrow. That said, name 5 things you'd like to see from the team tomorrow.

here are mine in no particular order...

1. Shane and the other QBs getting snaps and lots of them. I'm not saying pull DG after the first Q but there is no reason to leave him in if we're up comfortably no matter what quarter it is.

2. Green, Smith, Hayes, Rawls.

3. I would like to see a few blitz packages by the D. I think they did a good job holding their own against the ND O line but like a lot of us commented there just wasn't as much pressure as we would like to have seen. let's dial it up tomorrow.

4. Let's get some O line rotation. We get it... Lewan and Schofield are bookend all B1G. I know the interior needs time to "gel" and this would be a good game for that but lets rotate in some new meat. What if Miller goes down early in the season. Tomorrow would be a good game to get Kugler some snaps.

5. Throw the deep ball. I want to see them fine tune that before we get into the B1G schedule. No Darboh hurts us. let's get some practice with Chesson going deep.

Hoke has the boys progressing well. I don't see any reason we shouldn't be hitting our stride and peaking right when we need to at the end of the season. Akron is just one step in that process.
Kugler won't get snaps, I think he is definitely going to redshirt and be in line to be the starter next season.
Back to top Go down
michmike

Akron Empty
PostSubject: Re: Akron   Akron EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 7:34 am

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
2ndComingOfBo wrote:
UConn is probably the easiest OOC game on our schedule.
Pretty close (with today's), I'd say. Both amount to little more than controlled scrimmages.

Though I was more shocked by UConn getting stomped by Towson State (A 30-second stop on my MARC train route!)
than by Akron's lack of a resume the past 2 seasons.
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

Akron Empty
PostSubject: Re: Akron   Akron EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 8:22 am

1. No Injuries.
2. No injuries.
3. No injuries.
4. No injuries.
5. Lots of Morris, Green, Funchess & Butt.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Akron Empty
PostSubject: Re: Akron   Akron EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 8:47 am

I want to see the O-line blow some holes wide open. Even if they do it won't prove they've arrived, but if they don't against this level (because they really didn't against CMU for the most part) then cause for concern mounts.

It also looks like Jake Butt has a chance to surpass Funchess at tight end based upon Funchess's dreadful blocking so far.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Akron Empty
PostSubject: Re: Akron   Akron EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 9:47 am

fishgoblue22 wrote:
... Kugler won't get snaps, I think he is definitely going to redshirt and be in line to be the starter next season.
you know Fish I've been feeling like that would be the best move also but that would mean they would have to either slide Glasgow over to C or put in Burzynski and I've read that Kugler has proven as good if not better than both in practice so I just wonder if they would burn his redshirt if something were to happen to Miller. I hope we never have to answer that question this year.

By the way, I haven't even payed attention at all in the first two games but has anyone other than Miller snapped the ball to a QB? If so that might be our answer but like I said, I wasn't paying attention. Someone please educate me if so.

Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Akron Empty
PostSubject: Re: Akron   Akron EmptySat Sep 14, 2013 10:02 am

Quote :

By the way, I haven't even payed attention at all in the first two games but has anyone other than Miller snapped the ball to a QB? If so that might be our answer but like I said, I wasn't paying attention. Someone please educate me if so.

I thought Burzynski got some PT against CMU.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Akron Empty
PostSubject: Re: Akron   Akron Empty

Back to top Go down

Akron
Page 1 of 1