Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

No one is going to like to hear this-

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
wshoes

wshoes

No one is going to like to hear this- Empty
PostSubject: No one is going to like to hear this-   No one is going to like to hear this- EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 9:38 am

And I'm still not sure I fully believe it, but after watching the Mich- ND game 3 times, and part way through re-watching Akron, Devin seems a whole lot more effective in the RichRod, Urban Meyer style offense (which Borges has somewhat gone back to in times of adversity), than he does in the under center, run, play action pass offense which everyone has been clamoring for.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: No one is going to like to hear this-   No one is going to like to hear this- EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 9:42 am

Oh yeah, I agree.  When put in the read option he is much more comfortable, it is obvious.  I think Fitz is too.  I thing we will see more of it as the season goes on.  

Not a spread, but read option out of the pistol.  Plus it opens up other options.  I like it.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: No one is going to like to hear this-   No one is going to like to hear this- EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 10:35 am

Oh, absolutely.

That's the system he was brought in to run. That's the type of quarterback he is.

I don't mind that too much. As long as we have the ability to line up in the power and run the ball (which at this point I'm no confident in), I don't mind also incorporating some spread/read option. At this point, it's too effective in CFB to just completely shelve the read option.

MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: No one is going to like to hear this-   No one is going to like to hear this- EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 11:25 am

Borges needs to watch the Niners and Red Skins. I think those are the type of pro style/spread option hybrid offenses Michigan should be running.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: No one is going to like to hear this-   No one is going to like to hear this- EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 11:48 am

Gardner has some very good tools, but his best tool of all is his ability to keep plays alive in the pocket while scanning down field. Putting him under center greatly limits that tool.
Take a look at his film from the Iowa game last year. When he is in shotgun, you can watch Gardner go through his read progressions. The first 3 of 4 play action passes from under center, Gardner tries to get the ball out as quick as possible and always to his first read. The only time he doesn't hit his first read, he throws a ball into double coverage.

Take a look, the difference is night and day. Later in the game he appears to settle down under center, but still plays a lot more "natural" from the gun.

PostSubject: Re: No one is going to like to hear this-   No one is going to like to hear this- Empty

Back to top Go down

No one is going to like to hear this-
Page 1 of 1