Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Devin a victim of his own hype.

Go down 
+2
fishgoblue22
EJinGA
6 posters
AuthorMessage
EJinGA

Devin a victim of his own hype. Empty
PostSubject: Devin a victim of his own hype.   Devin a victim of his own hype. EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 9:08 am

I really think Devin is trying to play for the Heisman. He has been trying to do too much, and trying to force big plays.

Now that he is obviously out of the Heisman race, hopefully he will settle down and play to win.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Devin a victim of his own hype.   Devin a victim of his own hype. EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 9:31 am

EJinGA wrote:
I really think Devin is trying to play for the Heisman. He has been trying to do too much, and trying to force big plays.

Now that he is obviously out of the Heisman race, hopefully he will settle down and play to win.
I don't think he was trying to play for the Heisman, I think he is trying to do too much to help the team win. He is a team first guy, you can tell.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Devin a victim of his own hype.   Devin a victim of his own hype. EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 10:04 am

Tend to agree with fish. Devin is still pretty raw- seven games as starter even if he does already have his degree. I am going to cut him a lot of slack here.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Devin a victim of his own hype.   Devin a victim of his own hype. EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 10:29 am

Agree with both Fish and Shoes---Devin's clearly a team man, by both his own account and those of others in the program. And, given his relatively short tenure as starter, some slack is in order.

But the fact remains, the careless mistakes---which in both of our last two games have been very costly, atoned for only by his own great playmaking ability, and just enough defense to cover---have to cease. And soon.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Devin a victim of his own hype.   Devin a victim of his own hype. EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 2:32 pm

Devin dominated in High School and could literally take over a game. The final 5 games of last year he was a deer in head-lights, pretty much acted like a robot. Now that he has had time to let it soak in that he is the QB at The University of Michigan he puts it all on his own shoulders. He has learned via the Akron game that he can't do it alone up here. This is a team game and everyone on the team must execute their role on the team for each individual game to be a success.

The more I think about it the more that I'm believing Saturday was the best thing to happen to Michigan Football. It was a tough lesson but one that needed to be learned, and somehow we managed to escape. Look at 2007, I'm not going to repeat it but we learned a tough lesson, then were forced to face a surprisingly good Oregon team while we were still reeling from "The Horror", but the came out with 8 consecutive wins over "some good/some bad" opposition. Of course playing @Wiscy is always a challenge and then ohio is ohio. But in the end we took out Tebow. I recall running into Alex Mitchell at a bar in Bay City a few years ago and that win over Florida was his favorite victory. He loved talking about how they beat Tebow.

This was an ugly way to learn a lesson and there is no way to guarantee that we make it to where we want to be (or beyond) but it needed to be done. Granted, we'll always have to put up with sparty and suckeye reminding us about it even after we beat 'bama in the National Championship game but as long as we've got people talking about us we're doing something right.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Devin a victim of his own hype.   Devin a victim of his own hype. EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 4:05 pm

I think we would have beaten Wisconsin and Ohio in 2007 with a healthy Henne.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Devin a victim of his own hype.   Devin a victim of his own hype. EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 5:42 pm

I forgot about that 'shoes, yes they would have. Reinforces my point...

Games like "that" galvanize a team.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Devin a victim of his own hype.   Devin a victim of his own hype. EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 6:11 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
Devin dominated in High School and could literally take over a game.  The final 5 games of last year he was a deer in head-lights, pretty much acted like a robot.  Now that he has had time to let it soak in that he is the QB at The University of Michigan he puts it all on his own shoulders.  He has learned via the Akron game that he can't do it alone up here.  This is a team game and everyone on the team must execute their role on the team for each individual game to be a success.  

The more I think about it the more that I'm believing Saturday was the best thing to happen to Michigan Football.  It was a tough lesson but one that needed to be learned, and somehow we managed to escape.  Look at 2007,  I'm not going to repeat it but we learned a tough lesson, then were forced to face a surprisingly good Oregon team while we were still reeling from "The Horror",  but the came out with 8 consecutive wins over "some good/some bad" opposition.  Of course playing @Wiscy is always a challenge and then ohio is ohio.  But in the end we took out Tebow.  I recall running into Alex Mitchell at a bar in Bay City a few years ago and that win over Florida was his favorite victory.  He loved talking about how they beat Tebow.

This was an ugly way to learn a lesson and there is no way to guarantee that we make it to where we want to be (or beyond) but it needed to be done.  Granted, we'll always have to put up with sparty and suckeye reminding us about it even after we beat 'bama in the National Championship game but as long as we've got people talking about us we're doing something right.
What does that even mean? I'm assuming that means you think he played bad in the final 5 games? Lol you are clueless.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Devin a victim of his own hype.   Devin a victim of his own hype. Empty

Back to top Go down

Devin a victim of his own hype.
Page 1 of 1