Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

'eggo, some brief recruiting for you to report on if applicable.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

'eggo, some brief recruiting for you to report on if applicable. Empty
PostSubject: 'eggo, some brief recruiting for you to report on if applicable.   'eggo, some brief recruiting for you to report on if applicable. EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 4:52 pm

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1776508-5-star-qb-kyle-allen-and-top-recruits-to-watch-on-espn-friday-night

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: 'eggo, some brief recruiting for you to report on if applicable.   'eggo, some brief recruiting for you to report on if applicable. EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 11:59 pm

sorry I missed this. do you mean you are looking for an update for the 2015 QB recruits?

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: 'eggo, some brief recruiting for you to report on if applicable.   'eggo, some brief recruiting for you to report on if applicable. EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 1:30 am

I'm looking for any info you've got. WOTF is that you know everything, I'd like to see it for myself...Wink 

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: 'eggo, some brief recruiting for you to report on if applicable.   'eggo, some brief recruiting for you to report on if applicable. EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 9:37 am

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
I'm looking for any info you've got.  WOTF is that you know everything, I'd like to see it for myself...Wink 
well I could easily give you the Friday night game stats of our recruits so far this season but IMO that would be going too far. They post them weekly on 247. I would post them here but I looked around and tried to find them elsewhere online and couldn't. My rule of thumb is that if I can't find it elsewhere (i.e. non pay site) I don't post it here.

I will post a few tidbits though that I have found on the interweb for free...

Wilton will get a star bump before the season is over. He's already jumped to a top 10 QB (up from 23 in the initial rankings) since the camps have finished and the season has started. He's on fire so far this year. Through three games he's just shy of 1000 yards passing with 11/1 TD/INT.

Freddy Canteen deserves his latest star bump from Scout. He'll be a composite 4* by the end of the year. Diamond in the rough. He's killing it against D1 talent.

Mone got hurt. Shouldn't be anything to worry about. He won't give an interview on it because he's just that shy of a guy but from all accounts it should be nothing.

Brady Pallante, yes our 2* 2015 greyshit is unstoppable this year. He is opposing his will on O lines with D1 talent in florida. This may go back to our conversation on how much of an upside it is to find a kid that is an elite wrestler as well as being a lineman. This staff can evaluate talent like no other.

George Campbell is having himself a nice season as well. He is no doubt a 5* star talent. Could end as a top five overall recruit.

Also want to add that 2015 5* RB Damien is an absolute stud. STUD. he did hurt his knee two weeks ago. left after a monster first half. walked off on his own. Shouldn't be anything to worry about though because he will play this week.

PostSubject: Re: 'eggo, some brief recruiting for you to report on if applicable.   'eggo, some brief recruiting for you to report on if applicable. EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 11:38 am

eggo... Any worries of keeping the commitments of the 14' and 15' kids? They're going to draw a lot of attention from ass clowns like Saban.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: 'eggo, some brief recruiting for you to report on if applicable.   'eggo, some brief recruiting for you to report on if applicable. EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 1:44 pm

that's actually a good question and has been discussed by a lot fans and recruiting "gurus" quiet a bit lately.

Since the 2015 class is going to be even smaller than the 2014 (probably 15 spots) and since we've already secured commitments from 6 and are pretty solid on at least three that only leaves us a handful of kids to pursue.

So IMO I think that this actually bodes well for UM and the 2015 class. Yes I know signing day is a LONG way off and yes the coaches are going to be out recruiting for a while but because of the limited numbers I fell like they wont have to be on the trail so hard this year and that will allow them to focus on two things that often get overlooked or at least pushed to back burner a lot. Those two things are 1) evaluating talent for the future classes and 2) keeping in constant contact with committed kids to make sure they don't jump ship. Basically there isn't one kid that is either committed or is a  real solid target that I think would de-commit from the class.

Make no mistake about it, 5* RB Damien Harris and 5* ATH/WR George Campbell are priority #1 for a lot of schools so they will be coming after those two hard. The good thing is that Harris grew up a wolverine fan and GC seems to be as solid as a commit as the entire 2015 class has seen to date. He's even told his coaches to tell recruiters to not contact him. He says he's solid blue. Plus his high school teammate Mason Cole is committed this year and is solid blue as well.

Tyrone Wheatly JR will almost undoubtedly get a fifth star and he is blue all the way. It would be an absolute shock to the entire college football world for him to not end up at Michigan.

We are working really hard on 5* jashon cornell and 4/5* brian cole from Saginaw. I personally think we lead for cornell but trail sparty for Cole. I think every time that a commit drops for UM it will solidify the class even more. I'm really excited about the 2014 class. It's going do be one of the best we've seen in a while (given that Hand and McDowell commit, which I fully expect), but we could see a star power of commitments like we've never seen in the 2015 class by the time it's all said and done and I think that will encourage kids to want to stay on board.

Our 2015 class is shaping up to be a who's who of high school football players and I can't wait to see how it shakes out.

PostSubject: Re: 'eggo, some brief recruiting for you to report on if applicable.   'eggo, some brief recruiting for you to report on if applicable. EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 2:47 pm

I like the maturity of these kids who just know where they want to go and skip the flashy recruiting process.

I would like to see if thier is any relation to the kids thats drag the process out, and having attitude/work ethic problems. What do you think?

Regardless, I would be heart broken if we lost any of those kids to anyone, especially an evil SEC school.

With Green already taking hand offs, and Harris and Wheatly Jr. down the road, Michigan will be stocked at RB.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: 'eggo, some brief recruiting for you to report on if applicable.   'eggo, some brief recruiting for you to report on if applicable. EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 3:14 pm

EJinGA wrote:
I like the maturity of these kids who just know where they want to go and skip the flashy recruiting process.

I would like to see if thier is any relation to the kids thats drag the process out, and having attitude/work ethic problems. What do you think?

Regardless, I would be heart broken if we lost any of those kids to anyone, especially an evil SEC school.

With Green already taking hand offs, and Harris and Wheatly Jr. down the road, Michigan will be stocked at RB.
wheatley JR is a big boy. We are recruiting him at DE and TE I think. He's a JR now and he's 6'6" 245 with wheatly pedigree running threw him. Boy is gonna be good Very Happy 

PostSubject: Re: 'eggo, some brief recruiting for you to report on if applicable.   'eggo, some brief recruiting for you to report on if applicable. Empty

Back to top Go down

'eggo, some brief recruiting for you to report on if applicable.
Page 1 of 1