Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random college football thoughts.

Go down 
+2
sandyeggo_blue
fishgoblue22
6 posters
AuthorMessage
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Random college football thoughts. Empty
PostSubject: Random college football thoughts.   Random college football thoughts. EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 7:51 am

1. I'm sure looking forward to watching MSU at ND. Get a true idea about both teams. Classic strength on strength. Should be a good game.

2. He's a punk, but Johnny Manziel played one hell of a game agains Alabama last week.

3. Guiton may be better than Miller for OSU. But Cal has a suspect D. Could there be a controversy brewing?

4. Terry Bowdon was fired from Auburn for cheating. Jim Tressel was fired from OSU for cheating. Both are in Akron. Hmm.

5. Looks like crisis overted. Local ABC affiliate web page says "Michigan at UConn" for the 8pm time slot.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Random college football thoughts.   Random college football thoughts. EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 9:56 am

fishgoblue22 wrote:
1.  I'm sure looking forward to watching MSU at ND.  Get a true idea about both teams.  Classic strength on strength.  Should be a good game.

yep and should help give me an idea of how our division really lays out.

2.  He's a punk, but Johnny Manziel played one hell of a game agains Alabama last week.

meh... I agree with both and I'm sick of hearing about him.

3.  Guiton may be better than Miller for OSU.  But Cal has a suspect D.  Could there be a controversy brewing?

IMO there is no controversy, when Miller is healthy he'll start. It would be like saying DG was better than DR but DR started anyway. Braxton has way more experience and they stay with him.

4.  Terry Bowdon was fired from Auburn for cheating.  Jim Tressel was fired from OSU for cheating.  Both are in Akron.  Hmm.

Yep I agree, Akron cheated so bad to keep in the game against UM Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 

5.  Looks like crisis overted.  Local ABC affiliate web page says "Michigan at UConn" for the 8pm time slot.

You can rest easy now.

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Random college football thoughts.   Random college football thoughts. EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 10:02 am

I'm not saying Akron cheated, not at all, I'm just pointing out the interesting fact.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Random college football thoughts.   Random college football thoughts. EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 10:12 am

fishgoblue22 wrote:
I'm not saying Akron cheated, not at all, I'm just pointing out the interesting fact.
yeah I got it, I was just trying to put a Michigan friendly comical spin on it. Very Happy 

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Random college football thoughts.   Random college football thoughts. EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 10:16 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:
yeah I got it, I was just trying to put a Michigan friendly comical spin on it. Very Happy 
Check.
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: Random college football thoughts.   Random college football thoughts. EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 12:00 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
1.  I'm sure looking forward to watching MSU at ND.  Get a true idea about both teams.  Classic strength on strength.  Should be a good game.

2.  He's a punk, but Johnny Manziel played one hell of a game agains Alabama last week.

3.  Guiton may be better than Miller for OSU.  But Cal has a suspect D.  Could there be a controversy brewing?

4.  Terry Bowdon was fired from Auburn for cheating.  Jim Tressel was fired from OSU for cheating.  Both are in Akron.  Hmm.

5.  Looks like crisis overted.  Local ABC affiliate web page says "Michigan at UConn" for the 8pm time slot.
1. I hope ND destroys them. Will make M look a little better.

2. Classic stud college QB that some NFL team is going to waste a 1st round pick on.

3. They look like the same damn player. Would be interesting to see Guiton play against some good competition.

4. Tressel is at Akron!!?? That would explain why they almost beat us! Can't shake the ghost of Tressel.

5. What does your Directv app say? Sometimes they are wrong about what game is on.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Random college football thoughts.   Random college football thoughts. EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 12:18 pm

EJinGA wrote:

5. What does your Directv app say? Sometimes they are wrong about what game is on.
Guide changed last night from Tx/KState to "College Football Teams TBD". So that's a step in the right direction.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Random college football thoughts.   Random college football thoughts. EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 12:37 pm

Akron cheated. Not sure how but they did. Look at what sweater-vest is doing there...

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9587332/former-ohio-state-buckeyes-coach-jim-tressel-teaching-class-akron

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: Random college football thoughts.   Random college football thoughts. EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 12:49 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
EJinGA wrote:

Guide changed last night from Tx/KState to "College Football Teams TBD".  So that's a step in the right direction.
Looks like the game will be on channel 396 ABCeHD. Hope you get it too.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Random college football thoughts.   Random college football thoughts. EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 1:18 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:

1.) Agreed, should be a fun game to watch

2.) The kid can ball, flat out. And see other post about him texting Gardner in regards to my thoughts about him as person

3.) Guiton was UBER impressive...Meyer in a bit of a quandry

4.) Akron...is in Ohio. No surprises

5.) Yayyyyyy!

WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: Random college football thoughts.   Random college football thoughts. EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 1:55 pm

Did Auburn really fire Terry Bowden for cheating? I thought he left because he was never accepted by the fans. I remember watching the 98 Mich/Indiana game when they interrupted play to announce Bowden had resigned.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Random college football thoughts.   Random college football thoughts. EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 2:15 pm

WolverineHistorian wrote:
Did Auburn really fire Terry Bowden for cheating?  I thought he left because he was never accepted by the fans.  I remember watching the 98 Mich/Indiana game when they interrupted play to announce Bowden had resigned.
That would explain why he was out of coaching from 1998-2008. Then was hired by North Alabama, the Akron. If he has any success at Akron, I would expect a higher profile job to come around.

http://www.dawgsports.com/2011/3/31/2082089/auburn-tigers-death-penalty-andrea-kremer-hbo-special-real-sports-cecil-newton-ncaa-investigation

That latest probation ran through November 1995, during the coaching tenure of Terry Bowden. Although he certified to the NCAA throughout his time in the so-called Loveliest Village that he was unaware of any unreported violations occurring at Auburn, Coach Bowden stated on tape that Tiger boosters were giving players cash payments in the thousands of dollars while the program was on probation.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Random college football thoughts.   Random college football thoughts. EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 3:59 pm

Admin wrote:
3.) Guiton was UBER impressive...Meyer in a bit of a quandry
And don't forget, Jones is still there...

http://thebiglead.com/2012/10/05/ohio-state-backup-quarterback-cardale-jones-aint-come-to-play-school/

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random college football thoughts.   Random college football thoughts. Empty

Back to top Go down

Random college football thoughts.
Page 1 of 1