Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer.

Go down 
+11
the artist formally known
michmike
hailtoyourvictor
ThatGuy
joe
sandyeggo_blue
mgoblue93
wshoes
Meechigan Man
fishgoblue22
EJinGA
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
EJinGA

Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer. Empty
PostSubject: Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer.   Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer. EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 10:05 am

I know he is a good recruiter, but he is going to ruin it.

O$U won 76-0. Michigan, again, barely beat a crappy team.

I'm not sure Hoke can coach.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer.   Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer. EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 10:17 am

Who gives a shit what OSU did.  Both teams are 4-0.  Would you rather have Meyer and his dirtiness?  Not me.
Back to top Go down
Meechigan Man

PostSubject: Re: Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer.   Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer. EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 10:43 am

point is do you want a coach that continually just walks around with his arms folded slapping players in the ass while his OC calls another atrocious game
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer.   Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer. EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 10:52 am

My only complaint about Hoke is, he has no control over the offense, relying on Borges. If Borges is calling a bad game, who questions what he (Borges) is calling? No one. So, how does Hoke step in and correct what is being played? He's not, we just keep playing & hope Borges gets his act together or we're screwed. That's the only thing I don't like about Hoke.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer.   Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer. EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 10:56 am

fishgoblue22 wrote:
Who gives a shit what OSU did.  Both teams are 4-0.  Would you rather have Meyer and his dirtiness?  Not me.
Not me either.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
Meechigan Man

PostSubject: Re: Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer.   Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer. EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 10:57 am

remember BO was no offensive genius but he always had his head set on and was involved in the play calling if he felt it was not up to par , he would relay the plays to players going in and know what was being called
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer.   Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer. EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 10:59 am

Meechigan Man wrote:
remember BO was no offensive genius but he always had his head set on and was involved in the play calling if he felt it was not up to par , he would relay the plays to players going in and know what was being called
Bo was actually an excellent offensive coach- for what he ran- option football and he was slow to change to incorporate more passing but change he did- effectively.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
Meechigan Man

PostSubject: Re: Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer.   Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer. EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 11:01 am

point I meant is , he was always involved in the play calling process, can that be said about Hoke, BO had OC but he knew everything that was going on
Back to top Go down
mgoblue93

PostSubject: Re: Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer.   Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer. EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 11:04 am

I'm certainly wondering. I think Hoke is in over his head. He seems to let his assistants have full control of the offense and the defense. He has to be more than just a figurehead. He needs to take control and be a micromanager if he wants to last at Michigan. The team and the staff need more direction imo.

As far as recruiting goes, Michigan recruits itself. It's up to the coaching to position the players to be successful in every sense of the word.

Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer.   Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer. EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 11:07 am

Meechigan Man wrote:
The headphone thing was great when they won 11 games his first year.  I'm pretty sure he knows every play that is being called, and I think he is in charge of everything going on.  He's a CEO coach, and I have no problem with that.  The o-line needs a shakeup and I think we see at least one new starter against Minn.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer.   Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer. EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 11:09 am

I was happy to see Magnuson in at times last night. Even though DG bumped into him and fumbled. Maybe it's the San Diego homer in me though. I thought he played well though.

PostSubject: Re: Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer.   Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer. EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 11:11 am

see no evidence that he has any input on offensive play calling or holding Borges accountable , that is fact by watching games and play calling
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer.   Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer. EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 11:20 am

BTW to stay true to the thread, it blows my mind that we are talking about whether or not Hoke is the right guy. yes I fully understand the last two games are cause for concern but it's been three years of nothing but Hoke-love from the michigan nation and to hear people questioning him as a coach just seems very foreign and weird to me. I have to digest these comments a bit more before I can make a case for a statement either way.

joe

PostSubject: Re: Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer.   Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer. EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 11:23 am

No, that is NOT FACT. You can not prove to anyone that he does not know the play. You can not prove to anyone that Borges isn't held accountable.

You are opining.

Let's not get those 2 confused.

PostSubject: Re: Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer.   Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer. EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 11:23 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
BTW to stay true to the thread, it blows my mind that we are talking about whether or not Hoke is the right guy. yes I fully understand the last two games are cause for concern but it's been three years of nothing but Hoke-love from the michigan nation and to hear people questioning him as a coach just seems very foreign and weird to me. I have to digest these comments a bit more before I can make a case for a statement either way.
im torn as well, but after winning only eight last year, i think it's a fair question. i never saw this team struggling like this.
Back to top Go down
Meechigan Man

PostSubject: Re: Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer.   Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer. EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 11:25 am

where can anyone state that Borges is being held accountable when there has been no mystery in his play calls for four games , that is fact from watching the games
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer.   Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer. EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 11:29 am

I understand what you all are saying, but...

Hoke is barely beating teams with inferior talent. That's the bottom line. He could easily be 2-2 right now.

And it does matter what O$U is doing. They should be a benchmark. We should want to be where they are. Winning 76-0 with a back up QB.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer.   Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer. EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 2:47 pm

Meechigan Man wrote:
You around like a sparty with the head-set comment. You were now under suspicion...

Do you think that Borges should call more plays named after Disney movies?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer.   Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer. EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 3:02 pm

Those who "think" that Hoke is not involved in the play calling are wrong. Those who think that Hoke is just a "slap em' on the ass and say 'go get em!" coach are wrong. The biggest question I hear players getting asked are:

1. "Do you know Denard??"
2. "What do you think of Brady Hoke?"

If you heard players talk about Hoke, you guys would have no question that he is the right man for the job. I don't care if he wears a headset or not.

In Hoke's 1st season he went 11-2, beat Ohio St., won the Sugar Bowl, and ended the year in the top 10.
In Hoke's 2nd season he went 8-5. 4 losses were to top 8 teams. The 5th was on the road to a top 25 and the starting QB got hurt.
In Hoke's season he is 4-0 with a nice win over a team that was in the National Championship game the year before.

Hoke's results have been fine. Now consider that the next two recruit classes are setting up to be two of the most stacked classes in Michigan history. Yeah, let's fire the guy.

joe

PostSubject: Re: Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer.   Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer. EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 3:56 pm

+50

PostSubject: Re: Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer.   Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer. EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 6:44 am

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
Those who "think" that Hoke is not involved in the play calling are wrong. Those who think that Hoke is just a "slap em' on the ass and say 'go get em!" coach are wrong. The biggest question I hear players getting asked are:

1. "Do you know Denard??"
2. "What do you think of Brady Hoke?"

If you heard players talk about Hoke, you guys would have no question that he is the right man for the job. I don't care if he wears a headset or not.

In Hoke's 1st season he went 11-2, beat Ohio St., won the Sugar Bowl, and ended the year in the top 10.
In Hoke's 2nd season he went 8-5. 4 losses were to top 8 teams. The 5th was on the road to a top 25 and the starting QB got hurt.
In Hoke's season he is 4-0 with a nice win over a team that was in the National Championship game the year before.

Hoke's results have been fine. Now consider that the next two recruit classes are setting up to be two of the most stacked classes in Michigan history. Yeah, let's fire the guy.
Big time recruiting classes are great and all, but when you can barely beat Uconn and Akron...

What would you be saying if Michigan is 2-2 and lost both those games? The same thing?

I don't think Hoke should be fired, but if this continues he is going to get eaten alive in Big Ten play.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer.   Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer. EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 9:27 am

wshoes wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:
Not me either.

'shoes
That makes THREE of us.  And---I hope---more. Not only am I not about to toss a coach of a 4-0 team under the bus just yet, but the last
thing I'd want to see is our program become one associated with the "styles" of an Urban Meyer, a Barry Switzer, a Pete Carroll or others of their
odious likes...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer.   Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer. EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 12:59 pm

I believe Hoke is a very good coach. Everyone here thought he was fantastic after the Irish beat down. To me the players are accountable, Still needs to get some corners and wide outs to come in, and work the scheme better,I am rough on the players but the coachikng staff is A-1 in my opinion.

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer.   Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer. EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 1:39 pm

Hehe, artist, maybe you and I agree on things besides our love of Labs, after all...!
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer.   Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer. EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 1:54 pm

michmike wrote:
wshoes wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:
Not me either.

'shoes
That makes THREE of us.  And---I hope---more. Not only am I not about to toss a coach of a 4-0 team under the bus just yet, but the last
thing I'd want to see is our program become one associated with the "styles" of an Urban Meyer, a Barry Switzer, a Pete Carroll or others of their
odious likes...
SHOES.....throwing the ODIOUS word out there!!! YOU DA MAN!!! Smile

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer.   Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer. EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 2:00 pm

GOBLUEJOE66 wrote:
SHOES.....throwing the ODIOUS word out there!!!   YOU DA MAN!!!  Smile

Go Blue!!  Smile
Hey, this isn't a Right Guard commercial, cut it out.Razz 

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer.   Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer. EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 2:32 pm

GOBLUEJOE66 wrote:
michmike wrote:
wshoes wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:
Not me either.

'shoes
odious likes...
SHOES.....throwing the ODIOUS word out there!!!   YOU DA MAN!!!  Smile

Go Blue!!  Smile

Sorry Mike....I misread the post and gave credit to the wrong DA MAN!! Been a looooooooong Monday already!! Smile

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer.   Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer. EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 3:28 pm

Don't worry about it, Joe...

Yes, I concur...it's been a long, long, Monday...here, too.
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer.   Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer. EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 5:09 pm

I think it is too early to pull the plug on Hoke.  He has earned another year or two.  BUT-

Under Hoke Michigan has 62 turnovers in 30 games.  That is appalling.  That includes the 10-2 season everyone is quick to point out.

His claim to fame prior to AA was taking two schools that are never mentioned when relevant programs are being discussed and made them relevant.  Fans quickly summized that he would dominate once he brought in the recruits he would get at Michigan.  Not working out so well is it?

The loss to Akron although nauseating was thought to be a hangover from ND game.  A week later we were down by 14 to UCONN.  UCONN!!!!  We've got issues.

These things can not be ignored.  The problems plaguing this team I do not believe can be fixed this year.  I think we are in store for a rough season.  Hard to be confident after barely beating Akron and UCONN.

While I think Hoke deserves another year, maybe two, I don't think it is crazy to consider his departure.  Next year life on the road will not be as kind.

Last edited by MgoBlue on Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer.   Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer. EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 6:02 pm

MgoBlue wrote:
I think it is too early to question Hoke.  He has earned another year or two.  BUT-

Under Hoke Michigan has 62 turnovers in 30 games.  That is appalling.  That includes the 10-2 season everyone is quick to point out.

His claim to fame prior to AA was taking two schools that are never mentioned when relevant programs are being discussed and made them relevant.  Fans quickly summized that he would dominate once he brought in the recruits he would get at Michigan.  Not working out so well is it?

The loss to Akron although nauseating was thought to be a hangover from ND game.  A week later we were down by 14 to UCONN.  UCONN!!!!  We've got issues.

These things can not be ignored.  The problems plaguing this team I do not believe can be fixed this year.  I think we are in store for a rough season.  Hard to be confident after barely beating Akron and UCONN.

While I think Hoke deserves another year, maybe two, I don't think it is crazy to consider his departure.  Next year life on the road will not be as kind.
I feel he should get two more years, but I also believe if things stay the way they are that we might see a change or two in his staff after this season....maybe the OL coach and Borges?? Pure guess on my part.

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer.   Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer. Empty

Back to top Go down

Maybe it's time to wonder if Hoke is really the answer.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next