Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Qestions on OL

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

Qestions on OL Empty
PostSubject: Qestions on OL   Qestions on OL EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 8:37 pm

I have not seen the game yet, but from what I've read here and on MLIVE it seems pretty clear that the OL seems to be the major problem. So, I have some questions.

1. What is the problem? Bad coaching? The players really aren't as good as we have been led to believe?

2. You are the HC for a day. What specific changes need to be made, and why? Keep in mind that BH has been telling us over and over and over that the best players will be on the field regardless of their class.

3. Is a part of the problem play calling?

4. The question most rolling around my mind is, what would it hurt to make changes; especially with having 2 weeks to get them ready?

No matter what...I'm glad (didn't say happy, happy, happy) to be 4-0.

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Qestions on OL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Qestions on OL   Qestions on OL EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 8:48 pm

GOBLUEJOE66 wrote:
I have not seen the game yet, but from what I've read here and on MLIVE it seems pretty clear that the OL seems to be the major problem.  So, I have some questions.

1.  What is the problem?  Bad coaching?  The players really aren't as good as we have been led to believe?  

2.  You are the HC for a day.  What specific changes need to be made, and why?  Keep in mind that BH has been telling us over and over and over that the best players will be on the field regardless of their class.  

3.  Is a part of the problem play calling?

4.  The question most rolling around my mind is, what would it hurt to make changes; especially with having 2 weeks to get them ready?

Go Blue!!   Smile 
My take:

1) I think its a combination of inexperience, bad coaching and maybe overrated talent (but I think the last is unclear at this point based upon just 4 games). Last year's O-line did not seem to improve over the course of the year and I think you have to hold that against the position coach.

2) I don't know. As someone else said the coaches want to win, its not like they're playing their sons over better players. Occasionally but rarely change for change sake might be worth a shot- can't tell if it is here. The special teams errors are frustrating.

3) Yes-IMO. Borges keeps trying to run the I- over center run, play action pass, sophisticated routes and adjustments and then goes to what works when he has to because we're in danger of losing. For all of his supposed genius- we've yet to get that much separation for our receivers (and Devin was missing them when we did).

4) See 2 but I tend to agree with you if there's a close call at an offensive line position or two or with the punter say- I would give change a shot.

I, too am very happy we are 4-0 and Go Blue!

'shoes
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Qestions on OL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Qestions on OL   Qestions on OL EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 11:05 pm

GOBLUEJOE66 wrote:
I have not seen the game yet, but from what I've read here and on MLIVE it seems pretty clear that the OL seems to be the major problem.  So, I have some questions.

1.  What is the problem?  Bad coaching?  The players really aren't as good as we have been led to believe?  

I too think it may be a coaching issue. As shoes pointed out they didn't improve much over the course last year either. Hoke seems to be loyal to Funk though so I don't know what it would take for him to be replaced. IMO the players are as good as we were led to believe. I think we may see Ben Braden and Chris Bryant in the rotation soon but the one that seems to be the biggest problem is Miller and he was never really highly touted out of high school anyway. Unfortunately the only touted C we have signed was in last year's class (Kugler). So I'm not sure how far along he is but I can't imagine he's ready to play so this may last a while until we get it figured out.

2.  You are the HC for a day.  What specific changes need to be made, and why?  Keep in mind that BH has been telling us over and over and over that the best players will be on the field regardless of their class.  

Take all of the throwing plays out of the offensive book ha ha. In all seriousness I thought Wile did a much better job against UCONN but still the special teams need some help.

Again, I'm not an X's and O's kind of guy. I can definitely tell when it's time to run or pass but that's about it. I don't know enough to know when or where to exploit a D but I do know that it seems like a few of our plays seem way to complicated at this point. I also know enough to understand that we work best out of the pistol. I know we want to get back to the pro style but fergodsakes let DG run it more. it works.

4.  The question most rolling around my mind is, what would it hurt to make changes; especially with having 2 weeks to get them ready?

I think that if changes are going to be made it needs to be right now. This bye week is beyond critical.

it's much better than 2-2

Go Blue!!   Smile 

GOBLUEJOE66

Qestions on OL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Qestions on OL   Qestions on OL EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 10:25 am

GOBLUEJOE66 wrote:

Go Blue!!   Smile 
As for me:

1. I WANT to believe it is not bad coaching, but at the same time, like others have stated, the OL didn't even come close to improving last year. I also WANT to believe that we didn't whiff on evaluating the talent of the players we signed. So, the fix?? Get rid of all of the coaches and players and petition the NCAA to allow us to do a do-over!! LOL Seriously, I think the talent is there, but maybe, for whatever the reason, the coaches really don't have the best talent out there right now.

2. Not an expert by any stretch of the imagine, but to me it all starts with the center, and it just ain't happnin!

3. I have never been a fan of AB, but maybe ANY consistancy from the OL might help.

4. In my mind the OL change(s) needed to start yesterday.

Bonus question for $500.00 Alex---how do we all react if we don't improve even with change(s)??

Go Blue!! Smile

Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Qestions on OL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Qestions on OL   Qestions on OL EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 12:29 pm

GOBLUEJOE66 wrote:
Bonus question for $500.00 Alex---how do we all react if we don't improve even with change(s)??
A lot of people will panic and say "Fire Hoke." Check's in the mail, right?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
the artist formally known

the artist formally known

Qestions on OL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Qestions on OL   Qestions on OL EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 1:12 pm

You watch the game and sometime Gardner back there and it looks like he could eat a steak dinner he has so much time. Then other time he's runnun for his life.(hard to find someone open when that happens) . Sometime Tousaint causes issue be to slow to get to the hole. or looking for block instead of just bursting to an opening. I think this line is un-proven but also think lack of a quality WR caused Gardner to hang onto the ball to long, and Tousaint is slow getting to the whole.

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

Qestions on OL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Qestions on OL   Qestions on OL EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 1:45 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
GOBLUEJOE66 wrote:
A lot of people will panic and say "Fire Hoke."  Check's in the mail, right?
For sure all of the RR lovers will scream!

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Qestions on OL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Qestions on OL   Qestions on OL EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 1:58 pm

the artist formally known wrote:
You watch the game and sometime Gardner back there and it looks like he could eat a steak dinner he has so much time. Then other time he's runnun for his life.(hard to find someone open when that happens) . Sometime Tousaint causes issue be to slow to get to the hole. or looking for block instead of just bursting to an opening. I think this line is un-proven but also think lack of a quality WR caused Gardner to hang onto the ball to long, and Tousaint is slow getting to the whole.
It looks to me as if Fitz is hesitant when running. He's always looking for the big run and when it isn't there (most of the time) he gets nothing or negative yards. His stats are decent/good because he ends up with good yardage. When you break one for 60 of course that can absorb 10- runs of 0, -1, etc. You can certainly tell that Fitz was recruited by Rich Clod, he's a HR hitter.

Please keep in mind, I'm not bashing Fitz. I fully support him and want him to do well.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Qestions on OL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Qestions on OL   Qestions on OL EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 3:55 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
GOBLUEJOE66 wrote:
A lot of people will panic and say "Fire Hoke."  Check's in the mail, right?
better get a lock on www.firehoke.com now ha ha Very Happy 

the artist formally known wrote:
...I think this line is un-proven but also think lack of a quality WR caused Gardner to hang onto the ball to long, and Tousaint is slow getting to the whole...
we may not have "quality" WR but 1) Gallon is no schlub. He'll be first team all B1G and 2) Chesson was open at will. There were several times I saw where DG was just too busy scrambling to look downfield and throw the home run ball.

Qestions on OL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Qestions on OL   Qestions on OL Empty

Back to top Go down

Qestions on OL
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: MICHIGAN FOOTBALL :: MICHIGAN FOOTBALL FORUM-
Jump to: