Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OT: NCAA reduces sanctions against PSU

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

OT:  NCAA reduces sanctions against PSU Empty
PostSubject: OT: NCAA reduces sanctions against PSU   OT:  NCAA reduces sanctions against PSU EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 2:12 pm

Can't get the link to copy on my phone, but some of the scholarships are being reinstated.

I think it is the right move.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: OT: NCAA reduces sanctions against PSU   OT:  NCAA reduces sanctions against PSU EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 2:34 pm

That is good news.  I'll be sure to let my PSU friends know (if they don't already).

And here's a story on it:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9716482/ncaa-reduce-penalties-penn-state-regarding-jerry-sandusky-child-sexual-abuse-matter

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: OT: NCAA reduces sanctions against PSU   OT:  NCAA reduces sanctions against PSU EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 2:42 pm

The NCAA FINALLY got one right!!! Good for PSU!!

Go Blue!! Smile

ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: OT: NCAA reduces sanctions against PSU   OT:  NCAA reduces sanctions against PSU EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 2:48 pm

LOL...I just posted this on my Facebook, said "I TOLD YOU SO", and tagged my sparty buddy who kept telling me that the punishment was too light and he asked me if I told him that the NCAA supports making money over protecting children from being raped. sparty fans, they can't think...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: OT: NCAA reduces sanctions against PSU   OT:  NCAA reduces sanctions against PSU EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 3:53 pm

Question ('eggo will most likely know the answer better than anyone else):

Do we have any recruits who may flip to Penn State now because of this news?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
jjabilene

PostSubject: Re: OT: NCAA reduces sanctions against PSU   OT:  NCAA reduces sanctions against PSU EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 4:07 pm

I'm not as excited about this as most I guess. I was glad to see the NCAA get tough about anything, even though it took something truly heinous for them to do so. I thought the punishment was appropriate. Some things transcend sports. Not surprised they're backing off.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: OT: NCAA reduces sanctions against PSU   OT:  NCAA reduces sanctions against PSU EmptyTue Sep 24, 2013 5:18 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
Question ('eggo will most likely know the answer better than anyone else):

Do we have any recruits who may flip to Penn State now because of this news?
There are two recruits (both in the 2014 class) that I can think of off of the top of my head that were being pursued hard by Penn St before they committed to us.

1) Jabrill Peppers - First off, Jabril grew up a Michigan fan and always wanted to play at Michigan since he can remember. That said, I think his interest in Penn St was partly due to his father. Now that his dad is out of prison and is allegedly being told that while on parole he may be able to travel to see Jabril play that ends that. Jabril isn't going anywhere.

2) Chase Winovich. It came down between us Penn St and Pitt but I'd bet that IF he were to go anywhere else it would be Pitt. I really thought it was coin toss between us and Pitt when he committed. Penn St sanctions may have had something to do with that but I don't see Chase leaving.

PostSubject: Re: OT: NCAA reduces sanctions against PSU   OT:  NCAA reduces sanctions against PSU Empty

Back to top Go down

OT: NCAA reduces sanctions against PSU
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: MICHIGAN FOOTBALL :: MICHIGAN FOOTBALL FORUM-
Jump to: