Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I guess 35-13 wasn't a good enough beating?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

I guess 35-13 wasn't a  good enough beating? Empty
PostSubject: I guess 35-13 wasn't a good enough beating?   I guess 35-13 wasn't a  good enough beating? EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 4:31 pm

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2013/10/minnesota_safety_michigans_dev.html

Minnesota safety: Michigan's Devin Gardner 'panics a lot,' which leads to interceptions

By Nick Baumgardner | nbaumgardner@mlive.com
Follow on Twitter
on October 03, 2013 at 9:01 AM, updated October 03, 2013 at 9:16 AM

ANN ARBOR -- Michigan quarterback Devin Gardner has heard plenty of opinions about why he's struggled to stop throwing interceptions this season.

On Wednesday, Minnesota safety Cedric Thompson offered his take to Marcus Fuller of the Pioneer Press in Minneapolis.

"I think he kind of, just, panics a lot," Thompson said in a video interview. "I think when he scrambles, he kind of just throws the ball, that's where a lot of his picks come. But then some of his picks come from tipped balls. It's tough for a quarterback to get unlucky with tipped balls."

Minnesota (3-1) visits No. 19 Michigan (4-0) on Saturday (3:30 p.m., ABC).

Gardner's eight interceptions this season are second-most among all Football Bowl Subdivision quarterbacks.

On Wednesday, the Michigan junior signal caller admitted he lost focus during a narrow win at UConn two weeks ago, and because of that, his footwork went adrift.

Still, Gardner has put up 12 touchdowns already this season, easily making him Michigan's most prolific offensive weapon.

And Gardner's coming out party as a quarterback last season came at the expense of Minnesota -- in Minneapolis -- when he went 12 of 18 for 231 yards and two touchdowns in a 35-13 Wolverine win.

Thompson remembered plenty about that, too.

"I remember him being just really shifty," he said. "And he'll stay back there until someone's open, that's the real scary thing about him. A lot of quarterbacks will just start running, but he's not afraid to stay back there and pass the ball. I think that's one of his best qualities as a quarterback."

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down

I guess 35-13 wasn't a good enough beating?
Page 1 of 1