Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

This from the Whinny little bitch

Go down 
+7
EJinGA
ThatGuy
MgoBlue
Admin
fishgoblue22
hailtoyourvictor
the artist formally known
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
EJinGA

This from the Whinny little bitch - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: This from the Whinny little bitch   This from the Whinny little bitch - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 11:55 am

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
I don't need the facts. I actually follow college football pretty closely and it is obvious, to me, that Hoke is in the top 10 when discussing wins in the past 3 years. You guys just sit here in a circle, holding hands, pissing and moaning about Michigan and touching yourselves to the glory days and Bo memories.
That's because 'the glory days' is where we want to be, not worrying about being in the top 10 for wins in the last three years. I'm happy for you if you're satisfied by that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This from the Whinny little bitch   This from the Whinny little bitch - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 12:36 pm

Amen to that EJ. Are we satisfied with competing for a Big 10 title or is our goal to be A BCS type team and competing for a national title. I want to see a team that doesn't fear NW and PSU and MSU. that's schedules Geo. USC and Missouri because we want to prove how good we are..

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: This from the Whinny little bitch   This from the Whinny little bitch - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 12:40 pm

the artist formally known wrote:
Amen to that EJ. Are we satisfied with competing for a Big 10 title or is our goal to be A BCS type team and competing for a national title. I want to see a team that doesn't fear NW and PSU and MSU. that's schedules Geo. USC and Missouri because we want to prove how good we are..
Bingo...
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: This from the Whinny little bitch   This from the Whinny little bitch - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 12:55 pm

Do you guys realize that Hoke is right on pace with Moeller and Carr on terms of winning percentage?

Moeller .758
Carr .753
Hoke .750

Before the PSU game, Hoke was at .774 with a win vs Indiana, Hoke will be at .758. All this after the worst three years in Michigan history, whereas the other coaches inherited stable programs.

He is a combined 3-2 vs our two biggest rivals.

He won a BCS bowl in his first season.

He is recruiting on a level that no Michigan coach has ever recruited.

Ya, lets fire the guy. You guys are morons. Knee-jerk reactions are such a joke.

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: This from the Whinny little bitch   This from the Whinny little bitch - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 1:07 pm

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
I don't need the facts. I actually follow college football pretty closely and it is obvious, to me, that Hoke is in the top 10 when discussing wins in the past 3 years. You guys just sit here in a circle, holding hands, pissing and moaning about Michigan and touching yourselves to the glory days and Bo memories.
Brady Hoke in his first two seasons 19-7.

Charlie Weis in his first two seasons 19-6.

The wheels fell off in Charlie's third season. We have already surpassed ND's win total from Charlie's third (5-3). But if we finish poorly against the toughest part of the schedule (after Sat), then you still have to consider the trend. Winning big in your first year with someone else's recruits is great and he did better with RR's guys than RR would have (IMO), but I'd be a little careful with 2.5 year samples.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: This from the Whinny little bitch   This from the Whinny little bitch - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 1:11 pm

[b]All this after the worst three years in Michigan history, whereas the other coaches inherited stable programs. /b]

The worst three years in Michigan history were 1934-1936: 6-18.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: This from the Whinny little bitch   This from the Whinny little bitch - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 1:19 pm

Ok, worst three years in the past 85 years. Better?

PostSubject: Re: This from the Whinny little bitch   This from the Whinny little bitch - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 1:27 pm

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
Do you guys realize that Hoke is right on pace with Moeller and Carr on terms of winning percentage?

Moeller .758
Carr .753
Hoke .750

Before the PSU game, Hoke was at .774 with a win vs Indiana, Hoke will be at .758. All this after the worst three years in Michigan history, whereas the other coaches inherited stable programs.

He is a combined 3-2 vs our two biggest rivals.

He won a BCS bowl in his first season.

He is recruiting on a level that no Michigan coach has ever recruited.

Ya, lets fire the guy. You guys are morons. Knee-jerk reactions are such a joke.
It still boggles my mind that people are assuming the IU game will be a win. Hail-have you learned anything this year? You of all people should be a little gun shy after predicting a +14 point win against PSU. Do you remember that little gem? What will you be saying if Michigan loses to IU Saturday? You may want to wait for the outcome of that game before you lash out at the entire forum for not being confident.

I am sorry but I will not be feeling confident about any game this year after what we have seen. Our problems will not be fixed overnight. All we can is hope and prey they ditch man ball. Even then I am not sure we will win many of our remaining games.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: This from the Whinny little bitch   This from the Whinny little bitch - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 2:06 pm

I didn't say Michigan will beat Indiana and I'm not lashing out for not being confident. I'm lashing out because you guys are giving Hoke an unfair shake. He is 5-1 and has been without his star linebacker all season. His only loss this season came while missing the teams best defensive and offensive player for most of the game. Cut the man a little slack for Christ's sake. His winning percentage is already on par with Carr and Moeller and he has yet to get a full recruit cycle.

The
Sky
Is
Not
Falling.

PostSubject: Re: This from the Whinny little bitch   This from the Whinny little bitch - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 2:19 pm

I don't think anyone is calling for him to be fired after this season. I am not.

The real problem is the offensive line is so bad that it's killing the offense. Is this Hoke's fault? No. In fact he is recruiting so well along the OL that it shouldn't be a problem for long.

Still, the coaching staff refused to adjust and pissed away a win. Bottom line. The loss is squarely on them in my opinion.

They should be better than this.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: This from the Whinny little bitch   This from the Whinny little bitch - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 2:19 pm

'hail has his stats, manipulates them, and then form his opinion. He then states that opinion continually until he is wrong, then after he is wrong you'll never hear him say another word. 'hail, didn't you say Gallon would have 1200 yards this year? We are through the easier half of the season and he sits at 462. But he's still gonna eclipse 1200 right?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: This from the Whinny little bitch   This from the Whinny little bitch - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 2:20 pm

hailtoyourvictor wrote:

Hey, dude, you're the one who SPECIFICALLY JUST BITCHED THAT NO ONE BRING STATS TO THE TABLE.

Shoes brought the stats, now you're unhappy with his timeframe?

And, honestly, I don't give a damn how Brady's win % stacks up with Moeller and Carr. The guy is still riding an 11-2 first season. Think about that, nearly half of his 24 wins came two years ago.

And you're post about 'holding hands in a circle yada yada yada glory days' CONTINUES to reinforce the points that are made by many of us here - WHEN IN THE HELL DID IT BECOME ACCEPTABLE FOR OUR PROGRAM TO NO LONGER BE AS GOOD AS IT WAS DURING THE SO-CALLED 'GLORY DAYS'.

There shouldn't even be reference of 'glory days'. The only time someone can say glory days about anything is after whatever you're talking about has fallen.

The Roman Empire sure had some fucking glory days.

MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: This from the Whinny little bitch   This from the Whinny little bitch - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 2:28 pm

[quote="
And, honestly, I don't give a damn how Brady's win % stacks up with Moeller and Carr. The guy is still riding an 11-2 first season. Think about that, nearly half of his 24 wins came two years ago.

[/quote]
Bingo!!!
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: This from the Whinny little bitch   This from the Whinny little bitch - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 2:30 pm

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
I didn't say Michigan will beat Indiana and I'm not lashing out for not being confident. I'm lashing out because you guys are giving Hoke an unfair shake.
Well you figured out what Hoke's win percentage will be if he beats IU. Seems like you're pretty confident to me.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: This from the Whinny little bitch   This from the Whinny little bitch - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 2:40 pm

I agree with 'hail in the aspect that a lot of people here are giving Coach Hoke "an unfair shake", but I do disagree with his use of such a small sample-size. I'm also getting the feeling that 'hail was a RR supporter, the dead give-away way sit in a circle while holding hands....

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: This from the Whinny little bitch   This from the Whinny little bitch - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 2:40 pm

I was simply saying we are a home victory away vs Indiana from Hoke being .758. I was not predicting a win.

Admin, so who are you going to compare Hoke to? Bo? I'm sorry but if we start holding our coaches to a "match Bo or you're a failure" standard, then we are delusional.

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: This from the Whinny little bitch   This from the Whinny little bitch - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 2:45 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
I agree with 'hail in the aspect that a lot of people here are giving Coach Hoke "an unfair shake", but I do disagree with his use of such a small sample-size.  I'm also getting the feeling that 'hail was a RR supporter, the dead give-away way sit in a circle while holding hands....
I was never a RR supporter due to WC telling me how much RR neglected the defense during practices. I am a big fan of "defense wins championships". I am a big fan of Hoke and Mattison because of Roundtree and WC telling me how great of coaches those two were (and how much better they are than Rich Rod). Hearing how dedicated Hoke is to every individual player really makes you support the guy. I'm willing to give him 4-5 years before calling for his head, especially since he has been pretty good (.750 winning, a BCS bowl win, 3-2 vs Notre Dame/Ohio St.) in his first 2.5 years. Like I said, the sky is not falling.

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: This from the Whinny little bitch   This from the Whinny little bitch - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 7:07 pm

Admin wrote:
hailtoyourvictor wrote:

Hey, dude, you're the one who SPECIFICALLY JUST BITCHED THAT NO ONE BRING STATS TO THE TABLE.

Shoes brought the stats, now you're unhappy with his timeframe?

And you're post about 'holding hands in a circle yada yada yada glory days' CONTINUES to reinforce the points that are made by many of us here - WHEN IN THE HELL DID IT BECOME ACCEPTABLE FOR OUR PROGRAM TO NO LONGER BE AS GOOD AS IT WAS DURING THE SO-CALLED 'GLORY DAYS'.

There shouldn't even be reference of 'glory days'. The only time someone can say glory days about anything is after whatever you're talking about has fallen.

The Roman Empire sure had some fucking glory days.
I conceded that my claim was wrong, but that does not negate the point at hand. The point is that the Rich Rod years were horrible, and having to go back 85 years to find a worse span in Michigan football doesn't negate that point. Are you trying to deny that?

Regarding your glory days thing, my point is that Hoke has been better then Elliot and Oosterbaan, and on par with Carr and Moeller. The only coach in the past 65 years to have a considerably better winning percentage than Hoke is Bo, and if you are seriously calling for a guys head for not being on Schembechler level after:
a) Inheriting a mess
and
b) Being in year 2.5

...then God have mercy on your reasoning.

MichiganFootball13

PostSubject: Re: This from the Whinny little bitch   This from the Whinny little bitch - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 7:10 pm

We are bad on the road simple as that
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: This from the Whinny little bitch   This from the Whinny little bitch - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 9:40 pm

77 years. And I have said several times that I like Brady and think he is a good fit at Michigan. I do not think he is a great coach Xs andOs wise. His strength is motivation. That's fine but his coordinators better be good at what he isn't. And the offense has problems.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This from the Whinny little bitch   This from the Whinny little bitch - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

This from the Whinny little bitch
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: MICHIGAN FOOTBALL :: MICHIGAN FOOTBALL FORUM-
Jump to: