Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I shake my head

Go down 
+3
EJinGA
MgoBlue
joe
7 posters
AuthorMessage
joe

joe

I shake my head Empty
PostSubject: I shake my head   I shake my head EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 9:02 am

1,000,000 fans believe they can do a better job than Al Borges.

It's not just readers here. Listening to TKA half the Michigan fans in the world think they are smarter or better than Borges.

It's a wonder the guy has ever had a job anywhere if people with no football background at all are all smarter than he is.

I shake my head Empty
PostSubject: Re: I shake my head   I shake my head EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 10:06 am

Joe it may just be a so close you can't see the forest through the trees. He is so absorbed by what they want to do that he isn't realizing they need to scrap it. The numbers don't lie though-Fitz ran 27 times for 27 yds. It wasn't working. We were 4-18 on 3rd down.

Back to top Go down
joe

joe

I shake my head Empty
PostSubject: Re: I shake my head   I shake my head EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 10:16 am

Do you think it is his call to scrap the whole offense?

I shake my head Empty
PostSubject: Re: I shake my head   I shake my head EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 10:19 am

I can see what Borges is doing. He simply does not want Gardner to run. That's the RB's job. I get that. Keep Gardner from taking hits. Keep him up right.

But that's how the offense is moving the ball. And that is how they have been winning. They have to risk Gardner's health to move the football.
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

I shake my head Empty
PostSubject: Re: I shake my head   I shake my head EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 10:40 am

joe wrote:
Do you think it is his call to scrap the whole offense?
I am guessing it is Hoke's with input from Borges. At the end of the day the buck stops with Brady regardless of who does what.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

I shake my head Empty
PostSubject: Re: I shake my head   I shake my head EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 10:50 am

joe wrote:
1,000,000 fans believe they can do a better job than Al Borges....It's a wonder the guy has ever had a job anywhere if people with no football background at all are all smarter than he is.

They probably aren't smarter than him, but lately it sure seems that way!
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

I shake my head Empty
PostSubject: Re: I shake my head   I shake my head EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 10:57 am

Where is this going? Is there a fan base in the world that does not second guess coaches and owners? Furthermore, if you feel Borges is clearly smarter than everyone is it safe to say you have no issue with how the offense has been running? I sure hope not or that would mean you are smarter than the coaches. Wouldn't want that would we?
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

I shake my head Empty
PostSubject: Re: I shake my head   I shake my head EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 11:21 am

What?

I shake my head Empty
PostSubject: Re: I shake my head   I shake my head EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 12:58 pm

I don't think I'm more qualified than Al Borgess to coach this team, but I am certain there are others who are more qualified to coach this team; and likewise, I am certain there are other coaches who would have done things entirely differently than Borgess. There are other coaches who would have adjusted well before 27 attempts.

I must say, I can't remember ever seeing a rb average 1.0 ypc in that many attempts in college OR pro. When things are going that bad, a coach will shut it down at 12-15 attmpts usually and try something else.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

I shake my head Empty
PostSubject: Re: I shake my head   I shake my head EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 1:02 pm

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of small minds."
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

I shake my head Empty
PostSubject: Re: I shake my head   I shake my head EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 3:48 pm

joe wrote:
1,000,000 fans believe they can do a better job than Al Borges.

It's not just readers here. Listening to TKA half the Michigan fans in the world think they are smarter or better than Borges.

It's a wonder the guy has ever had a job anywhere if people with no football background at all are all smarter than he is.

I equate them with the Leyland-bashers. Thy simply think they need to yell about something and that their one year of JV baseball makes them baseball smart. For crying out-loud there was a guy who called into The Ticket last night who said "It's obvious, when your starters are struggling you put in your bench players. I do that all of the time with the 12 year-olds that I coach." Somehow he "thinks" that Little League is the same as MLB. Detroit sports fans are awesome and extremely passionate about their teams, but they're also dumber than a box full of spartys...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

I shake my head Empty
PostSubject: Re: I shake my head   I shake my head EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 3:52 pm

Leyland bashers make me lol.

I shake my head Empty
PostSubject: Re: I shake my head   I shake my head Empty

Back to top Go down

I shake my head
Page 1 of 1