Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nick's (MGo) answers to some questions from readers.

Go down 
+3
ThatGuy
EJinGA
GOBLUEJOE66
7 posters
AuthorMessage
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

Nick's (MGo) answers to some questions from readers. Empty
PostSubject: Nick's (MGo) answers to some questions from readers.   Nick's (MGo) answers to some questions from readers. EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 1:39 pm

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2013/10/ask_nick.html

Two interesting (to me) points:

Question is about lack of about toughness. He prefers the word nasty (a guy who eats glass for fun):

"I think Kyle Kalis plays like that (nasty) -- he just needs to figure out where he's going first."

Question about us being our own worst enemy:

"You can hide a lot of flaws in football, but you can't hide turnovers. You don't get them back. Ever."

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: Nick's (MGo) answers to some questions from readers.   Nick's (MGo) answers to some questions from readers. EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 2:38 pm

Good article. I think he made a great point about OL recruit rankings as well.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Nick's (MGo) answers to some questions from readers.   Nick's (MGo) answers to some questions from readers. EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 3:01 pm

GOBLUEJOE66 wrote:
"You can hide a lot of flaws in football, but you can't hide turnovers. You don't get them back. Ever."
Technically yes you do, after the kickoff...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Nick's (MGo) answers to some questions from readers.   Nick's (MGo) answers to some questions from readers. EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 4:59 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
GOBLUEJOE66 wrote:
Technically yes you do, after the kickoff...
Technically no you don't.  You still have the turnover.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Nick's (MGo) answers to some questions from readers.   Nick's (MGo) answers to some questions from readers. EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 5:38 pm

Turnovers lead to points (for the opposition), points lead to kickoffs. Get it?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Nick's (MGo) answers to some questions from readers.   Nick's (MGo) answers to some questions from readers. EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 5:41 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
Turnovers lead to points (for the opposition), points lead to kickoffs.  Get it?
Technically it's still not getting the turnover back.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Nick's (MGo) answers to some questions from readers.   Nick's (MGo) answers to some questions from readers. EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 5:45 pm

By saying something is a "turnover" in this context (football) you are discussing the ball. You do get the ball back, it may be after the other team scores though...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Nick's (MGo) answers to some questions from readers.   Nick's (MGo) answers to some questions from readers. EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 6:56 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
By saying something is a "turnover" in this context (football) you are discussing the ball.  You do get the ball back, it may be after the other team scores though...
Come on, you know a kickoff isn't a turnover.  Just admit you are wrong.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Nick's (MGo) answers to some questions from readers.   Nick's (MGo) answers to some questions from readers. EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 12:16 am

Turnovers leads to points (unfortunately for the other team), giving up points which lead to kickoff's and getting the ball back. That isn't a very effective way to get the ball back as RR proved but it its what it is....

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Nick's (MGo) answers to some questions from readers.   Nick's (MGo) answers to some questions from readers. EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 7:37 am

It's like having a conversation with a teenage girl.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Nick's (MGo) answers to some questions from readers.   Nick's (MGo) answers to some questions from readers. EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 8:06 am

His stubborness and refusal to acknowledge a flawed assertion reminds me of the azzhole.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Nick's (MGo) answers to some questions from readers.   Nick's (MGo) answers to some questions from readers. EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 9:49 am

GOBLUEJOE66 wrote:
http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2013/10/ask_nick.html

Two interesting (to me) points:

Question is about lack of about toughness.  He prefers the word nasty (a guy who eats glass for fun):

"I think Kyle Kalis plays like that (nasty) -- he just needs to figure out where he's going first."  

Question about us being our own worst enemy:

Go Blue!!  Smile
To get back to the original conversation- someone being "nasty" doesn't impress me if they are not producing. I don't care if they're helping the opponent up after every play as long as they're knocking them down or moving them out and creating holes.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Nick's (MGo) answers to some questions from readers.   Nick's (MGo) answers to some questions from readers. EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 2:52 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
It's like having a conversation with a teenage girl.

dwoody wrote:
His stubborness and refusal to acknowledge a flawed assertion reminds me of the azzhole.
So you both are claiming that the ball is not kicked to you after the opposition scores (providing there is time left on the game clock)?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Nick's (MGo) answers to some questions from readers.   Nick's (MGo) answers to some questions from readers. EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 4:39 pm

2nd would be a horrible coach.

"Don't worry about the turnover, we get the ball back after they score."

And he would bench Jeremy Gallon.

PostSubject: Re: Nick's (MGo) answers to some questions from readers.   Nick's (MGo) answers to some questions from readers. Empty

Back to top Go down

Nick's (MGo) answers to some questions from readers.
Page 1 of 1