Members, please sign in.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I love it when I scoop 'eggo!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bo 2.0

Bo 2.0

I love it when I scoop 'eggo! Empty
PostSubject: I love it when I scoop 'eggo!   I love it when I scoop 'eggo! EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 4:06 pm

Especially from his site, but this isn't really breaking news.  I believe that he mentioned it earlier but I have the link.  In your face 'eggo!

http://michigan.247sports.com/Article/Elijah-Holyfield-Update-156625

Holyfield Hearing From Michigan

By: Steve Lorenz

"My coach told me that they really, really liked my highlight tape a lot and that they would like me to come up to campus," Holyfield said. "He told me that sometime this winter they're going to get the head coach to come down and see me as well."

The visit for Holyfield may come sooner rather than later.

"I'm looking to come up for the Ohio State game," he said. "It's the same weekend as Thanksgiving, so we're going to plan it closer to then, but I think I will be able to make it up there with my head coach."

In a recent interview with the Atlanta Journal Constitution, Holyfield pointed to Georgia and Michigan as two schools he would favor early in his recruitment. Despite never having been to Michigan, he sees a lot of reasons to feel that way.

"I know a lot about their stadium, and how it holds more people than anywhere else in the country. I really like that," he noted. "My coaches have always told me that Michigan is one of the best football programs outside of the SEC area and that their campus is really amazing. I'd like to see it for myself."

Holyfield, the son of former boxing legend Evander, has looked to his father for occasional advice now that he will start to see the spotlight as a touted football recruit. The message has been simple.

"He's always told me to stay humble and keep working hard," he said. "If I worry about myself and control what I can control, I will be fine."

The 5'11"/190 back recently got his first offer from Boston College. Besides Georgia and Michigan, he is also seeing interest from Wisconsin, Stanford, Ole Miss and South Carolina among others.

THOSE WHO STAY...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: I love it when I scoop 'eggo!   I love it when I scoop 'eggo! EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 5:18 pm

I thought I posted about Holyfields kid a while ago. Just looked back and couldn't find anything. Sorry for slipping. FYI he's not our top RB on the board but the name recognition could pay off.

Bo 2.0

Bo 2.0

PostSubject: Re: I love it when I scoop 'eggo!   I love it when I scoop 'eggo! EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 7:30 pm

You brought his name up, that was it though. Still, you did make everyone aware of him (you just didn't post a link to it).

THOSE WHO STAY...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: I love it when I scoop 'eggo!   I love it when I scoop 'eggo! EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 8:02 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
You brought his name up, that was it though.  Still, you did make everyone aware of him (you just didn't post a link to it).
I thought I might have mentioned him. I couldn't find the post though. He's so low on our RB radar right now though I guess I just didn't think it was worth delving too far into.

Book Wheatly Jr as a lock though. That is one son of an athlete that will be blue.

Bo 2.0

Bo 2.0

PostSubject: Re: I love it when I scoop 'eggo!   I love it when I scoop 'eggo! EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 9:35 pm

Read the only comment on that article, it reads "Sons of famous athletes go to Michigan. He should know this."

THOSE WHO STAY...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
michmike

PostSubject: Re: I love it when I scoop 'eggo!   I love it when I scoop 'eggo! EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 7:26 am

Georgia's our top competition, eh?   Maybe one of you two (Eggo, 2nd) can get one of the mainstays of our impregnable 1997 defense---tackle Joachin Feazell---to text him.

Georgia native Feazell, if I remember correctly, was taking a visit to Michigan State (this is what I heard, anyhow), got lost, and wound up at Michigan instead. He went ahead and met with Carr & Co., and there and then said, "Well, this is where I want to be."   The rest's history.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: I love it when I scoop 'eggo!   I love it when I scoop 'eggo! EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 11:52 am

michmike wrote:
Georgia's our top competition, eh?   Maybe one of you two (Eggo, 2nd) can get one of the mainstays of our impregnable 1997 defense---tackle Joachin Feazell---to text him.

Georgia native Feazell, if I remember correctly, was taking a visit to Michigan State (this is what I heard, anyhow), got lost, and wound up at Michigan instead. He went ahead and met with Carr & Co., and there and then said, "Well, this is where I want to be."   The rest's history.
I'm gonna have to google this. It's a great story but no way it can be true. I don't care though, from now on I'm gonna tell the story like it's a fact. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 

Bo 2.0

Bo 2.0

PostSubject: Re: I love it when I scoop 'eggo!   I love it when I scoop 'eggo! EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 3:48 pm

I've heard something about someone getting lost in the cow pastures on a visit and picking Michigan because of that. The name Feazell doesn't ring a bell though. As I've said numerous times on this board though, I wasn't a Michigan fan back then.

THOSE WHO STAY...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I love it when I scoop 'eggo!   I love it when I scoop 'eggo! Empty

Back to top Go down

I love it when I scoop 'eggo!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: MICHIGAN FOOTBALL :: MICHIGAN FOOTBALL FORUM-
Jump to: