Members, please sign in.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

DaShawn Hand's last tweet

Go down 
AuthorMessage
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

DaShawn Hand's last tweet Empty
PostSubject: DaShawn Hand's last tweet   DaShawn Hand's last tweet EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 12:10 am

Not cool.

Hand: elephant elephant elephant elephant elephant Roll Tide!!elephant elephant elephant elephant elephant 
Random guy: I think you mean "Go Blue!"
Hand: Nah, I'm rollin with the tide right now.

Granted, he kind of has to say this stuff while on a visit, but I wish he wasn't enjoying himself. lol.

fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: DaShawn Hand's last tweet   DaShawn Hand's last tweet EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 6:35 am

Yeah, UM is going to lose him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
michmike

PostSubject: Re: DaShawn Hand's last tweet   DaShawn Hand's last tweet EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 7:34 am

If he's meant what he's said all along about the importance of academics to him, we're still in the running.

If the sight of Saban's NC trophies, of players' hands discreetly(?) snatching cash from passing boosters (and completed term papers from student-fans), and all those Katherine Webb clones down there have filled his eyes and head instead...we can write him off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: DaShawn Hand's last tweet   DaShawn Hand's last tweet EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 7:59 am

I'm sticking with him coming to Michigan. Coaches are using the bye week to recruit. Wouldn't be surprised to hear Michigan coaches visiting him next week.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: DaShawn Hand's last tweet   DaShawn Hand's last tweet EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 9:05 am

After years of observing the recruiting process, it seems to me that many recruits talk about academics being an important component of the decision, but that it seems to have played a big part much less often. Hence I'm always a little skeptical.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: DaShawn Hand's last tweet   DaShawn Hand's last tweet EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 10:03 am

I have this image in my head of the recruiting process at Alabama, where top prospects don't even get a tour of the campus, games and facilities. But rather Nick Saban just calls them into his office and flashes a few thousand dollars in front of them and says, "All this could be yours every time you show up for practice."

As soon as I heard Hand was going to be visiting Bama, I didn't like our chances.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: DaShawn Hand's last tweet   DaShawn Hand's last tweet EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 10:03 am

I believe Green had academics high on his list and he stuck with Michigan.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: DaShawn Hand's last tweet   DaShawn Hand's last tweet EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 10:17 am

MgoBlue wrote:
I believe Green had academics high on his list and he stuck with Michigan.
I think you're right about that. I am not saying it is never a factor only that I tend to be skeptical.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: DaShawn Hand's last tweet   DaShawn Hand's last tweet EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 10:43 am

I think most kids mention academics out of the feeling it should be a priority. After all they are looking at colleges. They really do not put a high priority on education. Then there are the ones that understand football can go away with one hit. They know they need a back up plan AND they actually are good students.

Hand strikes me as the latter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: DaShawn Hand's last tweet   DaShawn Hand's last tweet EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 10:52 am

Yup. I agree with you MgoBlue. Even players that make the NFL need an income when their playing days are over, and they realize getting a degree from a prestigious school like Michigan helps that.

fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: DaShawn Hand's last tweet   DaShawn Hand's last tweet EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 10:59 am

I'm going to chime in here, don't worry MgoBlue, I'm not responding to you.  

I think Hand will end up at Bama.  Not because they cheat, but because who wouldn't want to be a part of what they have going on right now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: DaShawn Hand's last tweet   DaShawn Hand's last tweet EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 11:59 am

of course we'll know more after this weekend but as of right now it's not even close. Hand to Michigan.

of course he's gonna hype up the Bama fan base. He's gonna visit there this weekend. Our coaches are gonna stop in and see him before he heads down on his visit. I'm definitely gonna monitor the message boards this weekend (Bama boards included) but like I've said before, it's between UM and UF. Bama doesn't even have a sports marketing program and that's the main reason he choose not to go to his hometown and all time favorite school (VT).

I'm not worried in the least. One tweet from a kid visiting a school the same weekend isn't enough to put me in panic mode. I'm not jumping ship and I'm sticking to my guns.... HAND TO MICHIGAN ON NOVEMBER 14th. BOOK IT!

EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: DaShawn Hand's last tweet   DaShawn Hand's last tweet EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 1:40 pm

The Crystal Ball says 84% to Michigan. And those guys know a hell of a lot more than we do.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: DaShawn Hand's last tweet   DaShawn Hand's last tweet EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 2:32 pm

EJinGA wrote:
The Crystal Ball says 84% to Michigan. And those guys know a hell of a lot more than we do.
+2

Bo 2.0

Bo 2.0

PostSubject: Re: DaShawn Hand's last tweet   DaShawn Hand's last tweet EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 4:13 pm

http://www.maizenbrew.com/2013/10/25/5028628/dashawn-hand-sees-alabama-what-does-it-mean-for-michigan-florida-gators-greg-mattison

Michigan's top remaining prospect in the class of 2014, five-star WDE Da'Shawn Hand, visits Nick Saban and the Alabama Crimson Tide this weekend. It has long been assumed that Michigan leads for the top-ranked defender, with many going as far as calling him a lock to end up in Ann Arbor. While I don't assume Hand to be a lock, I do think he's a very heavy lean to Michigan.

Hand's visit to Alabama doesn't worry me too much. Yes, the Tide have an awesome coaching staff comprised of men capable of putting Hand into the first round of the NFL draft like countless Alabama players in recent years, but Alabama's advantages start and stop right there. Academics mean more to Hand than the average five-star recruit, and Michigan has a much heavier advantage in academic prestige than Alabama has in coaching talent.

Relationships shouldn't be overlooked here, either. Defensive coordinator Greg Mattison has long been known as one of the best closers in college football recruiting, and Brady Hoke has a way of connecting with lineman on both sides of the ball. Da'Shawn has publicly stated that Michigan boasts his favorite coaching staff on more than one occasion.

The only way I see this trip affecting Michigan is if Alabama somehow convinces Hand that he truly wants to be an engineer, and that Michigan's engineering school and its football program are hardly two things that mesh. I was a mathematics major at Michigan, but there were still times when my engineering friends' lives were a living hell compared to mine. Da'Shawn was blown away by Michigan's sport management presentation, and it would be wise for him to apply to that school over the school of engineering if he wants to live a somewhat manageable lifestyle during his time in college. There are plenty of kids in Ann Arbor struggling with engineering classes alone.

Overall, Michigan fans counting on seeing Da'Shawn in the maize and blue next year shouldn't fret over this visit. Nick Saban is a shark in the football world, but even he probably won't have what it takes to overtake Michigan's lead this weekend.

THOSE WHO STAY...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: DaShawn Hand's last tweet   DaShawn Hand's last tweet EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 11:36 am

I don't feel good about Hand.

Hate to be negative Nancy, but I don't think we get him.

sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: DaShawn Hand's last tweet   DaShawn Hand's last tweet EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 1:35 pm

The only way he goes to Bama is if he decides he wants to be an engineering major. Saban may try to convince him to do that but he'll be in the sports marketing program at michigan this time next year. He's blue.

sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: DaShawn Hand's last tweet   DaShawn Hand's last tweet EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 3:39 pm

I'm loosely checking in on Hand's Twitter. Nothing big yet. In fact the only tweet of the day so far is:

Clay Harrell ‏@Clay_Harrell_64: @TheHand54 I'm waiting for a haircut in dumfries and I walked in and the whole barber shop was talking about you shits crazy

Da'shawn Hand ‏@TheHand54: @Clay_Harrell_64 that's wild brah

Nothing to see here.

sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: DaShawn Hand's last tweet   DaShawn Hand's last tweet EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 7:43 pm

Hand posted a pic of a Bama fan with a sign that said "we want hand" no big deal. Nothing big on twitter. In fact there have been tweets from recruiting services that are still saying they feel Michigan will still be the team in the end.

The best tweet I've read so far was from Michigan fan it said, "the Hand fits best in the mitten!"

Very clever.

sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: DaShawn Hand's last tweet   DaShawn Hand's last tweet EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 7:46 pm

This from Mike Farrell

https://twitter.com/netillaman/status/394197179222724608/photo/1

If you don't know, Mike Farrell is the THE definitive east coast recruiting analyst and not just for Rivals.

sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: DaShawn Hand's last tweet   DaShawn Hand's last tweet EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 11:21 pm

Da'shawn Hand ‏@TheHand54: This visit couldn't of been any better. Had a great time in T-Town

DaShawn knows how to play the recruiting game. Nobody panic he's still a UM lean. He has to have it in the back of his mind that he almost committed TWICE on both of his visits to UM.

Sleep 

EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: DaShawn Hand's last tweet   DaShawn Hand's last tweet EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 11:40 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Da'shawn Hand ‏@TheHand54: This visit couldn't of been any better. Had a great time in T-Town

DaShawn knows how to play the recruiting game. Nobody panic he's still a UM lean. He has to have it in the back of his mind that he almost committed TWICE on both of his visits to UM.

Sleep 
I'm sticking with you on this. Hand will be blue.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: DaShawn Hand's last tweet   DaShawn Hand's last tweet EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 5:10 pm

2:10 PST and all is well. Not one Crystal ball prediction on 247 has changed. Hand to Michigan is still the consensus. The recruiting service players have pretty much all weighed in so I'm assuming each one has either talked to Hand, someone in his camp or people at Bama from this weekend and made/kept their prediction.

Now with his Florida trip coming 5 days before his decision date I just don't see any scenario in which Florida can make up that much ground. Sure they have a great sports marketing program. It may rival Michigan's but Hand is so sold on the UM sports marketing that it would take a miracle for Florida to land him as well. 17 days and hand is Blue

GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: DaShawn Hand's last tweet   DaShawn Hand's last tweet EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 6:07 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
2:10 PST and all is well. Not one Crystal ball prediction on 247 has changed. Hand to Michigan is still the consensus. The recruiting service players have pretty much all weighed in so I'm assuming each one has either talked to Hand, someone in his camp or people at Bama from this weekend and made/kept their prediction.

Now with his Florida trip coming 5 days before his decision date I just don't see any scenario in which Florida can make up that much ground. Sure they have a great sports marketing program. It may rival Michigan's but Hand is so sold on the UM sports marketing that it would take a miracle for Florida to land him as well.  17 days and hand is Blue
In Eggo I trust!!! Smile

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: DaShawn Hand's last tweet   DaShawn Hand's last tweet EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 9:17 pm

Not much to report but FWIW-

http://es.pn/1aS4FpU
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: DaShawn Hand's last tweet   DaShawn Hand's last tweet EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 10:36 pm

MgoBlue wrote:
Not much to report but FWIW-

http://es.pn/1aS4FpU
so to touch on this a bit, DaShawn said he was bummed that the yogurt shop that he went to had way less of a selection as the last time he was there. I thought that was funny but like Mgo said, nothing really new to report on.

EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: DaShawn Hand's last tweet   DaShawn Hand's last tweet EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 2:13 pm

At least we know he isn't lactose intolerant.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DaShawn Hand's last tweet   DaShawn Hand's last tweet Empty

Back to top Go down

DaShawn Hand's last tweet
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: MICHIGAN FOOTBALL :: MICHIGAN FOOTBALL FORUM-
Jump to: