Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Malik McDowell update

Go down 
+4
hailtoyourvictor
mgoblue93
ThatGuy
sandyeggo_blue
8 posters
AuthorMessage
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Malik McDowell update Empty
PostSubject: Malik McDowell update   Malik McDowell update EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 3:56 pm

he's in Columbus this weekend for the O$U v PSU game. I don't have a good feeling about this one. Everyone in the world has him committing to Michigan. I'm 90% sure at this point. He's just so close to the vest that you never know. In fact I bet if you asked him, Malik would deny he's even in CBUS right now. No doubt his entire family wants him at UM but I just wouldn't be entirely shocked to see him somewhere else at this point.

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Malik McDowell update   Malik McDowell update EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 6:58 pm

What happened to Mr. Positive?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Malik McDowell update   Malik McDowell update EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 7:12 pm

I had Malik as a lock and apparently so does the entire recruiting service nation since his crystal ball is 100% predicted Michigan.

I think because we've cooled on him a bit to recruit an RB for this class all of the attention is going that way and with Malik on the back burner and starting to take his visits elsewhere it just makes me pause a bit.

No doubt the staff is in scramble mode right now trying to figure out our RB situation. Word is that Drake Johnson's injury may be career ending and Hayes and Rawls are rumored to be looking elsewhere to get playing time.

That would leave us with Green, Smith and Shallman next year. That is BONE DRY at the position if you ask me.

So now basically we are forced to press for a RB this class and the staff has been hitting that route pretty hard from what I've heard and read.

Anyways, because of this Malik has been out of sight out of mind and that causes concern.

PostSubject: Re: Malik McDowell update   Malik McDowell update EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 7:22 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
I had Malik as a lock and apparently so does the entire recruiting service nation since his crystal ball is 100% predicted Michigan.

I think because we've cooled on him a bit to recruit an RB for this class all of the attention is going that way and with Malik on the back burner and starting to take his visits elsewhere it just makes me pause a bit.

No doubt the staff is in scramble mode right now trying to figure out our RB situation. Word is that Drake Johnson's injury may be career ending and Hayes and Rawls are rumored to be looking elsewhere to get playing time.

That would leave us with Green, Smith and Shallman next year. That is BONE DRY at the position if you ask me.

So now basically we are forced to press for a RB this class and the staff has been  hitting that route pretty hard from what I've heard and read.

Anyways, because of this Malik has been out of sight out of mind and that causes concern.
yuck! you would hope rawls stays at least. i read on mgoblog that coaches, not just ours, have cooled on mcdowell a little because he hasn't looked that good. can anyone confirm this through an actual quote or an insider?
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Malik McDowell update   Malik McDowell update EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 8:51 pm

Fuck Rawls.

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Malik McDowell update   Malik McDowell update EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 8:54 pm

IF Michigan gets a RB for next year it will most likely be this guy:

http://michigan.scout.com/a.z?s=162&p=8&c=1&nid=6573990

Thoughts?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Malik McDowell update   Malik McDowell update EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 9:47 pm

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
Fuck Rawls.
A harsher than I would have put it but I agree. He had his chances to get some playing time.

If Rawls/Hayes transfer, then we would have a scholly to add a RB no?
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Malik McDowell update   Malik McDowell update EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 11:29 pm

Yes

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Malik McDowell update   Malik McDowell update EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 1:01 am

I am readingnthis on my tablet and I hate posting on this thing. I will write uo something on our targets and who I believe we get tomorrow when I get my laptop back.

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Malik McDowell update   Malik McDowell update EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 1:44 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
I am readingnthis on my tablet and I hate posting on this thing. I will write uo something on our targets and who I believe we get tomorrow when I get my laptop back.
You're letting us down 'eggo...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Malik McDowell update   Malik McDowell update EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 6:47 am

Rawls was a message board darling whose performance has never justified the love. He was supposed to be a tough down hill runner, who when given chances on 3rd and short last year, did not deliver. Plus there were some character questions whispered about him.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Malik McDowell update   Malik McDowell update EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 2:40 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
IF Michigan gets a RB for next year it will most likely be this guy:

http://michigan.scout.com/a.z?s=162&p=8&c=1&nid=6573990

Thoughts?
We never really stopped recruiting Balladge like we did with a guy like Nicholson, we just put the position (RB) on the back burner, especially after we got the 2015 Damien Harris commit. I still don't think Balladge is the guy we get in this class and that is good because I've voiced my concern about him in the past and I'm not a Kallen Balladge fan.

MgoBlue wrote:
hailtoyourvictor wrote:
Fuck Rawls.
A harsher than I would have put it but I agree.  He had his chances to get some playing time.  

If Rawls/Hayes transfer, then we would have a scholly to add a RB no?
Well if they both leave then that would give us two. Right now I think we could safely add 5 more kids to class (even with two spots left) because of normal attrition, fifth year seniors, injuries (a la Drake), etc. I think the staff is looking at 5 as a safe number.

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Malik McDowell update   Malik McDowell update EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 2:58 pm

Our safest RB targets right now are:

Kallen Ballage  http://www.scout.com/a.z?s=143&p=8&c=1&nid=6573990

Chris James  http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=5750629

Vic Enwere  http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=6756187

Ballage is the guy that we've been on the most, and the worst of the list IMO, and the coaches did make a stop in to see him recently. Ballage didn't have school on the day the coaches were there last week so he didn't get to talk to them directly. He also was scheduled to make an OV this last summer but the fires in Colorado forced a change of plans. Ballage goes to Falcon high school and 1/3 of the kids that go to Falcon High live in Falcon, 1/3 live in nearby Peyton and the other 1/3 live in Black Forest which is where the fires in Colorado Springs were this last summer. Get Ballage on campus and I feel he would commit but it seems like every time we try to get him on campus something comes up. It's like it's just not meant to be (which is ok for me).

Chris James is a good RB and probably the 2nd guy on my board. He has offers from 1/2 of the B1G. He recently put out a list of his upcoming visits and they include Pitt and Wisconsin. I'd love to get this guy on campus.

Vic Enwere is my personal top target. He's only a 3* but he is lighting it up this year in arguably the toughest Div in Texas. He's blown up the scene and way more schools than UM are taking notice and starting to recruit him hard. He is what is described as a Cal "soft" commit but I honestly don't see that it stands for much longer. He was a diamond in the rough when Cal got him but the secret is out and I almost guarantee that he gets a 4th star and decommits from Cal and goes to a top school.

I also recently read that UM is trying to pick Jeff James http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=5938317 from Minnesota. He's a Minny commit but UM is working hard on him. He's a hell of a RB and I'd say he also is better than Ballage.

So you can see we have quite a few options and I would be surprised if we don't get at least one of these kids in our 2014 class.

I know 247 has a few updates on their site regarding the RB situation. I'm going read up on it a bit and if there is anymore info that I can pass on I will.

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Malik McDowell update   Malik McDowell update EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 6:05 pm

FWIW, I watched McDowell look bad... very bad... vs a wayyy undersized Ishpeming team last year in the D7 state finals. I'm sure that it was just a bad game, but he really seemed to be a guy that just got by on his size and not effort.

booboo

PostSubject: Re: Malik McDowell update   Malik McDowell update EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 8:00 pm

hailtoyourvictor, Our high school, Birmingham Seaholm, plays Southfield in 1st of playoffs tomorrow. We're hoping he trys to get by on his size as well. We have a 5'10 245lb junior going against him. He's an old school, tough son of gun, I think he'll hold his own if not do better then him. Be fun to see how our O line does overall against their "stud" defensive line. Our coach who is good motivator, basically told team I don't give a f&%k how many all-staters they have, how big they are, its who has the bigger heart, who has the bigger balls. Coach incredibly confident we can pull upset.
Back to top Go down
MichiganFootball13

MichiganFootball13

PostSubject: Re: Malik McDowell update   Malik McDowell update EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 8:33 pm

booboo, that is the reason I love high school football more than any other sport/level, a kid who is a tough sob with a big heart can be an all star for any team so matter his size.
Back to top Go down
booboo

booboo

PostSubject: Re: Malik McDowell update   Malik McDowell update EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 9:01 pm

Agree, that's why I think we have a good chance tomorrow night. Our def. has 10 senior starters, they like to hit, they're tough, not afraid. During game will S'fields' O & D line put one of our guys on their ass, of course. As our coach said, when that happens, get up, get ready for next play, look that guy in eye say to yourself he got me that time, next time his ass his mine.

Week 8 we played are city rival Birmingham Groves for conf. title, we where both 7-0, we won 28-20. After shaking hands the kids rushed over to the student section, had to climb the 10 ft wall, hugged them, danced with them. You thought they won the state title. That's 1 reason I love HS sports as well.

I see you played for Swan Valley. When did you play there?
Back to top Go down
mgoblue93

PostSubject: Re: Malik McDowell update   Malik McDowell update EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 6:29 am

not good to hear about McDowell. I know it's early, but I was hoping he'd be a legit DL and it's not looking good. Seems we always struggle getting talent on the DL. we need to focus DL recruiting imho.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Malik McDowell update   Malik McDowell update EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 3:29 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
...Vic Enwere is my personal top target. He's only a 3* but he is lighting it up this year in arguably the toughest Div in Texas. He's blown up the scene and way more schools than UM are taking notice and starting to recruit him hard. He is what is described as a Cal "soft" commit but I honestly don't see that it stands for much longer...
While Enwere is committed to Cal, he stated that he is "not necessarily sure" if he will end up a Golden Bear when everything is all said and done.

http://www.themblock.com/

I had to quote and bump myself because you heard it from me first

BUMP EGGO! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 

PostSubject: Re: Malik McDowell update   Malik McDowell update Empty

Back to top Go down

Malik McDowell update
Page 1 of 1