Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The sky was never falling.

Go down 
+3
wshoes
the artist formally known
hailtoyourvictor
7 posters
AuthorMessage
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

The sky was never falling. Empty
PostSubject: The sky was never falling.   The sky was never falling. EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 5:16 pm

Hoke has Michigan sitting at 6-1 with a 29 point win over a 6-2 Minnesota team that just knocked off Nebraska and a 11 point win over a 5-2 Notre Dame team that has beaten Michigan St., USC, and Arizona St.

Let's go back to May. I tell you this:
-Michigan will lose Darboh for the entire season.
-Michigan will lose Jake Ryan for the first 4 games, and won't make his first start until Michigan St.
-Taylor Lewan will miss half of the Penn St. game due to injury.

And then ask you: "Would you be happy going into the Michigan St. 6-1?"

I agree that 7-0 is a great goal, but anybody looking at things objectively would be happy at 6-1.

PostSubject: Re: The sky was never falling.   The sky was never falling. EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 5:35 pm

hail it not alaways the Lost or the win , but how that loss or win happens, We didn't desreve the win against UCON or Akron, but we sure as hell should have won PSU also that was a conferenc game and the ND was not. Michigan has not looked good this year pure and simple , if Michigan was playing well and losing it would be different.

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: The sky was never falling.   The sky was never falling. EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 5:45 pm

You have to look at context and schedule- after beating ND, 6-1 was a minimum expected and the WAY it was achieved set off major alarms.

Darboh's contributions were speculative and Ryan came back sooner that I expected. We have been fortunate (knock on wood) injury-wise overall.

Next week is huge obviously. Win and most goals seem realistic again. Lose and we're fighting for the best bowl destination we can get which will not include the Rose Bowl. I fear a 17-6, 21-10 type game with the good guys on the short end- hope I'm overly pessimistic.

The @Iowa game which always looked tough, looks tougher now. The @NW looks easier. Home to Nebraska I always had a good feeling about and still do-Unless a theoretical loss to MSU compounds itself and leaves us really deflated. OSU is going to be a very tall order.

Next week is huge.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: The sky was never falling.   The sky was never falling. EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 7:17 pm

So back in May, you guys would've said "No, I will not be okay with 6-1."? Ok.

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: The sky was never falling.   The sky was never falling. EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 7:24 pm

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
So back in May, you guys would've said "No, I will not be okay with 6-1."?  Ok.
Would we have known what the schedule was back in May? Assuming we did then assuming ND was a push, then yes 6-1 was expected. Now if you'd said back then, you'll win 6 of your last 7 games, then I would have signed up on the spot.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: The sky was never falling.   The sky was never falling. EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 7:32 pm

wshoes wrote:
hailtoyourvictor wrote:
Would we have known what the schedule was back in May? Assuming we did then assuming ND was a push, then yes 6-1 was expected. Now if you'd said back then, you'll win 6 of your last 7 games, then I would have signed up on the spot.

'shoes
5-2 would have been disappointing.
6-1 was expected
7-0 would have been extremely good.

My point isn't that Michigan looks great, it is that the sky was never falling.

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: The sky was never falling.   The sky was never falling. EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 7:38 pm

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
Hoke has Michigan sitting at 6-1 with a 29 point win over a 6-2 Minnesota team that just knocked off Nebraska and a 11 point win over a 5-2 Notre Dame team that has beaten Michigan St., USC, and Arizona St.

Let's go back to May. I tell you this:
-Michigan will lose Darboh for the entire season.
-Michigan will lose Jake Ryan for the first 4 games, and won't make his first start until Michigan St.
-Taylor Lewan will miss half of the Penn St. game due to injury.

And then ask you: "Would you be happy going into the Michigan St. 6-1?"

I agree that 7-0 is a great goal, but anybody looking at things objectively would be happy at 6-1.
You forgot to add:

- Devin will be an absolute wildcard with the ball
- We will be three games into the B1G schedule before we think we have our Oline figured out

I agree with you Hail... the sky was never falling.

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: The sky was never falling.   The sky was never falling. EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 8:28 pm

The problem with most UM fans is they give no credit to the other team.  UM should beat everyone all the time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The sky was never falling.   The sky was never falling. EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 8:57 pm

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
Hail if you said we be 6-1 struggle with Akron, Ucon, and Lose to PSU in 4 ot with 2 chances to kick FG and win, I said OMG whats up with this team. I thought they would be 6-1 at this point but I figured the loss would be ND and that they would be alot farther along in stabalising their defense and offense bu now. I think MSU and Nebraska were gonna be an issue, now Nebraska doesn't seem like such a threat. Still with this team I'm not sure you can count a win in any game.

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: The sky was never falling.   The sky was never falling. EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 10:10 pm

Pointless question. We do not need to pretend it is May again. We have the knowledge of knowing exactly how the games played out. I am not going to take a loss to a team we should have beat and think gee I would have taken 6-1 in May.

Knowing what we know 6-1 is not good. To beat a dead horse-Narrowly escaping Akron and UCONN and then losing PSU after having multiple opportunities to win put a damper on the season. 7-0 would have been very possible.

MSU will be a tall order for this team. Their defense is going to be quite a challenge to overcome. As shoes pointed out our season rests on the outcome of next weekend. A win and all you zippy doo da fans can hold your heads high and brag how you knew it all a long. Me, well I am concerned.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: The sky was never falling.   The sky was never falling. EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 10:26 pm

MgoBlue wrote:
Pointless question.  We do not need to pretend it is May again.  We have the knowledge of knowing exactly how the games played out.  I am not going to take a loss to a team we should have beat and think gee I would have taken 6-1 in May.  

Knowing what we know 6-1 is not good.  To beat a dead horse-Narrowly escaping Akron and UCONN and then losing PSU after having multiple opportunities to win put a damper on the season.  7-0 would have been very possible.  

MSU will be a tall order for this team.  Their defense is going to be quite a challenge to overcome.  As shoes pointed out our season rests on the outcome of next weekend.  A win and all you zippy doo da fans can hold your heads high and brag how you knew it all a long.  Me, well I am concerned.
And you would've fired Hoke, though he has a better winning % than Carr and the same winning % as Moeller.

PostSubject: Re: The sky was never falling.   The sky was never falling. EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 10:32 pm

NEVER said fire Hoke. Feel free to quote where I said that.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: The sky was never falling.   The sky was never falling. EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 10:38 pm

No one ever said "fire Hoke", but the vibe from the board was very much leaning towards Hoke not being the right guy for the job.

PostSubject: Re: The sky was never falling.   The sky was never falling. EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 10:41 pm

Good job putting words in people's mouths. Whatever helps/convolutes your argument.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: The sky was never falling.   The sky was never falling. EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 11:00 pm

I can't speak for the whole board but I never felt that was the vibe. I'll repeat/paraphrase what I said a couple of weeks ago. Hoke is a good fit for the Michigan job and brings many good qualities. He also has limitations which need to be supplemented by his assistants, which is fine as long as they are doing that. He is not a "great" coach- there are few in the college game- who would win consistently where ever he was.

H should get a full five years to establish himself (of course I thought the previous guy should too).

'shoes
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: The sky was never falling.   The sky was never falling. EmptySat Oct 26, 2013 11:01 pm

wshoes wrote:
I can't speak for the whole board but I never felt that was the vibe. I'll repeat/paraphrase what I said a couple of weeks ago. Hoke is a good fit for the Michigan job and brings many good qualities. He also has limitations which need to be supplemented by his assistants, which is fine as long as they are doing that. He is not a "great" coach- there are few in the college game- who would win consistently where ever he was.

H should get a full five years to establish himself (of course I thought the previous guy should too).

'shoes
Yes I agree.

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: The sky was never falling.   The sky was never falling. EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 7:04 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
The problem with most UM fans is they give no credit to the other team.  UM should beat everyone all the time.
Well, we should but that's not realistic.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The sky was never falling.   The sky was never falling. Empty

Back to top Go down

The sky was never falling.
Page 1 of 1