Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Thinking of taking a road trip

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
lovetheblue1217

lovetheblue1217

Thinking of taking a road trip Empty
PostSubject: Thinking of taking a road trip   Thinking of taking a road trip EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 5:36 pm

to Lafayette this year. Anyone know how their fans are and if it is decent enough to go.

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of taking a road trip   Thinking of taking a road trip EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 6:23 pm

I moved to the Indianapolis area this summer. The people here are pretty split evenly between Purdue and IU.

I have not heard one bad thing bad about UM. Most here say they hate OSU. I see a lot of UM gear around here, so I think the Purdue fans would be great hosts.

I will be going to that game, and my daughter will be transferring to Purdue this fall.
Back to top Go down
lovetheblue1217

lovetheblue1217

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of taking a road trip   Thinking of taking a road trip EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 6:29 pm

Yeah I am going to the Big House of course, but want to take a road trip every year to the stadiums I have not been to. I live only 3 hrs away from lafayette so wouldn't be a horrible trip

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of taking a road trip   Thinking of taking a road trip EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 6:32 pm

Lafayette is a fine place to catch a game.

By fine, I mean, it's ok. Nothing spectacular. They rarely fill their student section (even against squads like UofM).

They don't have much to cheer about, thus you don't have to worry about their fans being dicks. They're pretty peaceful.

Stadium itself is very so-so. If it's a goal of yours to hit all B1G stadiums, obviously you gotta go. But if you're looking to save some money and hit a 'bigger' game, a game in West La La is one you can definitely do away with.

Just my 2 cents.

lovetheblue1217

lovetheblue1217

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of taking a road trip   Thinking of taking a road trip EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 6:36 pm

Yeah I went to Evanston last year and happened to see that they are at Purdue this year. I have also been to MSU, OSU, and ND. I have heard that Neb has now taken over as the friendliest place to go for the big ten

joe

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of taking a road trip   Thinking of taking a road trip EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 6:39 pm

735 miles and 12 hours for me.

Nothin I haven't done in a day.

I'd go to Nebraska!

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of taking a road trip   Thinking of taking a road trip EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 6:46 pm

A LOT of M fans said that the Neb fans were absolutely the nicest fans they had ever met....which is kinda crazy....because they are WACKY about their Cornhuskers.

Problem with going to Lincoln is, well, good luck finding tix. That entire state shuts down and travels to Lincoln on gameday. I'm pretty sure I've heard/read that on Saturdays, Lincoln is the most populated city in the state (not saying a whole lot, but still).

I've looked at Stubhub before just to see what tix go for to their home games, and there was a VERYYYYYY limited # available on the secondary market.

Not to mention, when the Wolverines show up in town, availability will drop even more and prices will skyrocket.

I'm going...one day...but we'll see how much it dents my accounts.

PS....Purdue games are much like games in Evanston (with the exception that it's not a 'home' game for us as much as games in Evanston are).

lovetheblue1217

lovetheblue1217

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of taking a road trip   Thinking of taking a road trip EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 6:52 pm

I think I am going to hit the purdue game, I also just looked at the ticket prices in Neb and that would be the only game I would be able to make this year. iI am kind of interested in the Air Force game for some reason. Not sure why

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of taking a road trip   Thinking of taking a road trip EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 6:54 pm

Because we could lose that game....that's why!

That game scares me.

A) We go and beat Bama. We're riding high as hell.

Boom. Crash landing as we lose to AF after overlooking them.

B) We get our asses handed to us by Bama.

We have very little confidence, and AF exploits us with their option.

Those are two VERY REALISTIC possibilities....thus, that games scares the hell outta me.

Not to mention, we go to Notre Dame the following week, I believe.

Jesus.

lovetheblue1217

lovetheblue1217

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of taking a road trip   Thinking of taking a road trip EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 6:56 pm

That could be, even though they are not a great team, they are going to test the hell out of d. Maybe it is just the unknown factor, seems I have not seen the play but do know that they are an option team

joe

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of taking a road trip   Thinking of taking a road trip EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 6:57 pm

Killer Schedule

lovetheblue1217

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of taking a road trip   Thinking of taking a road trip EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 7:05 pm

Might sound bad saying this, but I cannot wait till 2014 to go and watch us get revenge against App St. Twisted Evil

PostSubject: Re: Thinking of taking a road trip   Thinking of taking a road trip Empty

Back to top Go down

Thinking of taking a road trip
Page 1 of 1