Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fitz is NOT good.

Go down 
+5
umichfaninpa
fishgoblue22
hailtoyourvictor
BetterThansparty
dwoody
9 posters
AuthorMessage
dwoody

dwoody

Fitz is NOT good. Empty
PostSubject: Fitz is NOT good.   Fitz is NOT good. EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 9:43 pm

He had one halfway decent year in 2011. Why do people think he's so hot? Are the others that bad?
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Fitz is NOT good. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fitz is NOT good.   Fitz is NOT good. EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 10:55 pm

Who, other than 'hail, likes Fitz? Unfortunately his is our only option at this point. I seriously can't see any other reason why Fitz is still in the backfield on passing downs...
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

Fitz is NOT good. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fitz is NOT good.   Fitz is NOT good. EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 4:11 pm

I don't think Fitz is great, but I think he is good. Using this year as an example is a joke, because the O-Line has been disastrous.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Fitz is NOT good. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fitz is NOT good.   Fitz is NOT good. EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 4:18 pm

I can't, nor won't argue with the O-line comment but other than one year with Denard (when everyone was solely concentrating on Denard) what has he done?
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

Fitz is NOT good. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fitz is NOT good.   Fitz is NOT good. EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 4:21 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
I can't, nor won't argue with the O-line comment but other than one year with Denard (when everyone was solely concentrating on Denard) what has he done?
There are two sides to every story. How many more yards and touchdowns could Fitz had if Denard wasn't taking over half the rushes each game?

Fitz was having a decent year last year before his injury. A great year? No, but I've never said Fitz was great. This year, Fitz isn't doing anything.... but no running back in the nation would look good with our offensive line.

Last edited by hailtoyourvictor on Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

Fitz is NOT good. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fitz is NOT good.   Fitz is NOT good. EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 4:26 pm

True or false... Al Borges is a horrible play caller and his play-calling has crippled the offense all season.

True or false... The offensive line is horrible and their inability to block has crippled the offense all season.

If you answer true to both of those, then how can you criticize a runningback for not looking good? You can't.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Fitz is NOT good. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fitz is NOT good.   Fitz is NOT good. EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 4:32 pm

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
True or false... Al Borges is a horrible play caller and his play-calling has crippled the offense all season.

True or false... The offensive line is horrible and their inability to block has crippled the offense all season.

If you answer true to both of those, then how can you criticize a runningback for not looking good? You can't.
I think #1 is false.  I thought he called a good game yesterday, but because the o-line was overpowered they didn't execute.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

Fitz is NOT good. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fitz is NOT good.   Fitz is NOT good. EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 4:35 pm

You think Borges is a good play caller?

Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Fitz is NOT good. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fitz is NOT good.   Fitz is NOT good. EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 4:49 pm

I read 'fishs comment as Borges is not a horrible play-caller, he said nothing of good.
Back to top Go down
umichfaninpa

umichfaninpa

Fitz is NOT good. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fitz is NOT good.   Fitz is NOT good. EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 4:51 pm

Michigan is the only D1 program that is or should be relevant in the BCS that Borges would be calling the offense.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Fitz is NOT good. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fitz is NOT good.   Fitz is NOT good. EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 5:01 pm

Michigan simply isn't mature enough to legitimately be mentioned as a contender in the BCS. Is Borges great? No, but I saw nothing wrong with his play-calling yesterday.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Fitz is NOT good. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fitz is NOT good.   Fitz is NOT good. EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 5:12 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
Michigan simply isn't mature enough to legitimately be mentioned as a contender in the BCS.  Is Borges great?  No, but I saw nothing wrong with his play-calling yesterday.
He didn't call a bag game at all.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

Fitz is NOT good. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fitz is NOT good.   Fitz is NOT good. EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 6:41 pm

He didn't call a bad game yesterday, but the line was despicable. How you can blame Fitz for that is beyond me.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Fitz is NOT good. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fitz is NOT good.   Fitz is NOT good. EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 7:01 pm

Fitz is the least of our problems.
Back to top Go down
Meechigan Man

Fitz is NOT good. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fitz is NOT good.   Fitz is NOT good. EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 7:04 pm

hail you are actually defending Borges play calling ? did you watch the same game , where were the dump offs and screens and quick passes to wr to negate the sparty rush , we know you love Michigan but stop defending ineptness
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Fitz is NOT good. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fitz is NOT good.   Fitz is NOT good. EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 7:26 pm

A
Meechigan Man wrote:
hail you are actually defending Borges play calling ? did you watch the same game , where were the dump offs and screens and quick passes to wr to negate the sparty rush , we know you love Michigan but stop defending ineptness
Those would not have worked.  The couple screens that were tried lost yards.  MSU was all over everything UM tried.
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

Fitz is NOT good. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fitz is NOT good.   Fitz is NOT good. EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 7:59 pm

Sorry guys but Fitz is not the problem. Worse yet Borges is not to blame for yesterday either. The oline is. I don't care who is running the ball, calling the plays or QB. When you have about .5 seconds before the pocket collapses nothing is going to work. That is a fact.

Blaming Borges and Fitz for everything is ignorant. The oline sucks and that was why we lost.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Fitz is NOT good. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fitz is NOT good.   Fitz is NOT good. EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 8:19 pm

I never said that Fitz was to blame for the sparty loss, not even partially. Other games yes he was a major factor why Michigan couldn't move the ball. However, against sparty was not his fault at all. sparty was in the backfield before Fitz even got the hand-off...
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

Fitz is NOT good. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fitz is NOT good.   Fitz is NOT good. EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 8:33 pm

Why do you think my response was even directed at you?
Back to top Go down
the artist formally known

Fitz is NOT good. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fitz is NOT good.   Fitz is NOT good. EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 8:44 pm

Can't understand how you guys don't think Borges was the problem. 1st it almost look like MSU knew what was comming before the play was called 2nd I think a Middle screen would work . but the back has to at least chip someone comming in. the short Middle route hold the backer so they don't blitz as often, calling a play action pass when its 3 and 15 thats not the cordinator issue, HOG WASH
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

Fitz is NOT good. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fitz is NOT good.   Fitz is NOT good. EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 9:22 pm

How many middle screens do you think they should have called? I love when people throw out a couple of plays and think that is an offensive game plan.

SMH-Damn it Borges if you just would have ran a middle screen we would have won the game!
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

Fitz is NOT good. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fitz is NOT good.   Fitz is NOT good. EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 9:34 pm

Meechigan Man wrote:
Can you read? I'm the one saying that Borges blows and the line blows and gave other posters the benefit of the doubt because the biggest problem vs MSU as the line, not Borges' inability to call a game.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Fitz is NOT good. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fitz is NOT good.   Fitz is NOT good. EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 10:35 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
I never said that Fitz was to blame for the sparty loss, not even partially.  Other games yes he was a major factor why Michigan couldn't move the ball.  However, against sparty was not his fault at all.  sparty was in the backfield before Fitz even got the hand-off...
Really? Which games were those?

'shoes
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Fitz is NOT good. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fitz is NOT good.   Fitz is NOT good. EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 3:53 am

Penn State specifically but Akron and Uconn as well. The line didn't play that well in those games either but my God man, hit the fricking hole hard. Enough with this juke crap, this isn't High School.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Fitz is NOT good. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fitz is NOT good.   Fitz is NOT good. EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 8:40 am

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
Penn State specifically but Akron and Uconn as well.  The line didn't play that well in those games either but my God man, hit the fricking hole hard.  Enough with this juke crap, this isn't High School.
In Mgoblog's UFR (breakdown of every offensive play by reviewing the tape over and over, Fitz graded out to a +6.5. Based on the years they have been doing this -incredibly that was a very high score. He got what the blocking allowed, made the appropriate decisions and cuts and still got only 27 yards in 27 carries. That game was most assuredly NOT his fault.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

Fitz is NOT good. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fitz is NOT good.   Fitz is NOT good. EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 8:45 am

But 2nd says it is so.....
Back to top Go down

Fitz is NOT good. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fitz is NOT good.   Fitz is NOT good. EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 9:36 am

MgoBlue wrote:
How many middle screens do you think they should have called?  I love when people throw out a couple of plays and think that is an offensive game plan.  

SMH-Damn it Borges if you just would have ran a middle screen we would have won the game!  
3 or 4 middle screens would have slowed the pass rush down. a TE screen wouls slow the pass russ down. every freakin play Narduzzi throws a stunt , just about that's the only way to slow things down..
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

Fitz is NOT good. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fitz is NOT good.   Fitz is NOT good. EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 10:40 am

wshoes wrote:
2ndComingOfBo wrote:
Penn State specifically but Akron and Uconn as well.  The line didn't play that well in those games either but my God man, hit the fricking hole hard.  Enough with this juke crap, this isn't High School.
In Mgoblog's UFR (breakdown of every offensive play by reviewing the tape over and over, Fitz graded out to a +6.5. Based on the years they have been doing this -incredibly that was a very high score. He got what the blocking allowed, made the appropriate decisions and cuts and still got only 27 yards in 27 carries. That game was most assuredly NOT his fault.

'shoes
I figured that once Derrick Green when it and had 3 carries for 1 yard people would have dropped the idea that PSU was Fitz's fault. It's as if people don't actually watch the game. Green went in and his first carry was hit immediately after receiving the handoff and tackled for a loss.

Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

Fitz is NOT good. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fitz is NOT good.   Fitz is NOT good. EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 11:45 am

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
wshoes wrote:
2ndComingOfBo wrote:

'shoes
I figured that once Derrick Green when it and had 3 carries for 1 yard people would have dropped the idea that PSU was Fitz's fault. It's as if people don't actually watch the game. Green went in and his first carry was hit immediately after receiving the handoff and tackled for a loss.

They watch it but then they can't break down what they are seeing. So they reach for the excuse du jour which is blame Borges and Fitz. We could have lost 45-44 and they would still blame those guys.

P.S I am not a Borges apologist. If Borges was fired today I would not lose any sleep over it. I just know it wasn't the play calling that lost us the game.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Fitz is NOT good. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fitz is NOT good.   Fitz is NOT good. EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 5:26 pm

Fitz had one good year, when as I stated, defenses were mostly concerned about Denard running. He was OK last year until the broken leg but not good. I never have said that the O-line was great, of course with the 3 interior linemen being Freshmen you can't expect anything out of them. However, Fitz should know this (but he doesn't because he is not an outstanding RB like Michigan should have). If the hole that is supposed to be there is not you should know where there is a hole, you don't dance around the line looking for one. I'm not yelling that Fitz should have 100 yards every game but 27 yards on 27 carries screams poor running.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fitz is NOT good. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fitz is NOT good.   Fitz is NOT good. Empty

Back to top Go down

Fitz is NOT good.
Page 1 of 1