Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Christ, are YOU all in bad shape....!

Go down 
+2
GOBLUEJOE66
michmike
6 posters
AuthorMessage
michmike

Christ, are YOU all in bad shape....! Empty
PostSubject: Christ, are YOU all in bad shape....!   Christ, are YOU all in bad shape....! EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 9:10 am

Putting out (shoes) an all-points bulletin for me, because you (fish) miss my puns?????   Gluttons for PUN-ishment all...yikes.

I suspect a wee bit of your collective concern, over my (frustration-induced) absence, concerned itself with my age (61)----eh?  Well, be it known I ran a 5K (Turkey Trot) in DC last weekend, so the old "ticker" ticks on...though my PBT wasn't even close to being,  ahem, "endangered"  (posted a shitty 23:55 this time...before turkey dinner, mind!!  Father Time, you suck royally!!!).

Seriously, nice of you all to inquire. Hope all of you had a nice TG, and enjoyed the tears flowing down Slicky (sickie) Urby's face last night as
much as I did. Can't believe I actually lived to see the day I'd find myself rooting my arse off for Sparty...!!  Hey...how's that one go about, "The lesser of the evils" ???

But the following's for Fish---because I popped in a few days earlier and perused one of his posts, noting that "[FGB] don't follow ANY college teams, B-10 or otherwise, except Michigan, and I don't really care what the rest of the conference does in the bowls."  I echo that...and echo it with a 50,000-watt bullhorn in the Grand Canyon, Fish!!  Now that the threat of an OSU BCS title is a banished nightmare we've woken out of,
as long as Michigan wins its bowl (which I do care about, and hope our versus-OSU offense and versus-mostof-our-'13-foes defense both show up), I couldn't give a rat's hemorrhaged, HIV+ ass what the other teams---esp. MSU and OSU---do wherever they play.

Same goes for the BCS "title" game...couldn't care a rap what happens while a rapist throws passes against a mercenary "college" team. (As in, play-for-PAY).

One last cut on last night's B10 title game---this is the OSU before whom the college football world was to genuflect because of 24 victories running, when they give up 1000+ yards and 75 points to the two State of Michigan teams?   BCS title game material, my bunion-riddled foot...
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Christ, are YOU all in bad shape....!   Christ, are YOU all in bad shape....! EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 9:26 am

Welcome back MM. I didn't post what I did because of your age. Hell, I didn't know you are that age (still younger than me!) I wrote for you to come back only because everyone else was!!! LOL

I do hope that FSU wins the big one. I work and live in Alabama so I hear the Bama shit all of the time. Now it's going to be coming from the Aubie jackasses for the next month, and I really do want the shit to STOP next month. Plus, it will be fun watching the Scammers make fun of the Aubies for not winning! Smile

Again, welcome back MM.

Go Blue!! Smile

michmike

PostSubject: Re: Christ, are YOU all in bad shape....!   Christ, are YOU all in bad shape....! EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 10:48 am

Thanks, Joe...however hollow your "ulterior motive" for campaigning for my return...!

Actually speaking, are you sure Auburn and FSU will play in the BCS glass-football game?

Didn't a certain then-Florida coach cry and moan his way (past our Wolverines) into the 2006 game??  What's to stop him from trying again?

Joshin' aside, there can't be a bigger crybaby in college football. Read some of his comments; like winning is their right, not a must-be-earned privilege?

And there can't be a stupider governor than Jim Kasich...at least not since his own state's Thomas "gun-down-the-Kent-State-student-body" Rhodes.

"M-out Scarlet Letter Day"?  Can anyone say "over the top" loudly enough?

Then again, in a state where that (OSU football) is all they have...
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Christ, are YOU all in bad shape....!   Christ, are YOU all in bad shape....! EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 11:02 am

Note the usual thuggish behavior and rioting in East Landfill.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Christ, are YOU all in bad shape....!   Christ, are YOU all in bad shape....! EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 11:06 am

Welcome back.

However, the whole "rapist" thing is a bit too much even if it was in jest. The double standard involved with false rape accusations is one of the biggest problems with our justice system. Charges against men have now become "Guilty until proven innocent" for the most part.

Since I routinely perform invasive exams on women (and men), I do not consider false rape accusations lightly. Luckily for Winston, there was enough evidence and eye witnesses to discredit the charge, but his name will forever by tied to it now. If that were to happen to some in my profession, it could ruin their career- regardless of whether or not anything actually happened.

So, welcome back, but let's stop making jokes about "rapists".

PostSubject: Re: Christ, are YOU all in bad shape....!   Christ, are YOU all in bad shape....! EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 11:45 am

It wasn't intended as a joke, hail. Maybe an ill-intentioned and uninformed comment on my part, since, as you say, there was(was there?) enough evidence to discredit the charge. But here where I really take umbrage with your position regarding "guilty till proven innocent":

How many rapists (physical, true, honest-to-badness rapists) go scot-free because of how grossly under-reported that felony is??   For any number of reasons---embarrassment, feeling of rejection/abhorrence, fear of reprisal**, frustration with the system ("It will be dismissed as another he-said-she-said")---victims fail to report 60% of their sexual assailants.  And based on the same national studies, as few as 3% of actual rapists serve a day in prison.  Statistics which more than counterbalance my overreaction, I can comfortably argue.  And given your profession, allow me this question: for every man whose reputation is wrongly ruined as you point out, do you feel comfortable claiming there is not at least one woman whose life is physically, socially and psychiatrically scarred by an attack for which the attacker enjoyed impunity?

**-particularly when the [alleged] perpetrator is a sports "hero", as in Winston's case. So vilified would the woman have been had the charges been corroborated and, say,  had FSU lost the BCS title game with a scrub QB, she would have had concrete cause to fear for her life. Just a theory in this case, assuming the charges were refuted as you say---in this case.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Christ, are YOU all in bad shape....!   Christ, are YOU all in bad shape....! EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 11:46 am

Hey welcome back Mike and nice 5K. I ran a lot of those (as well as 10ks) in my 20s 30s and 40s and have wondered whether I might ever give it a go again.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Christ, are YOU all in bad shape....!   Christ, are YOU all in bad shape....! EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 11:47 am

Welcome back mike.  Missed you around here buddy.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Christ, are YOU all in bad shape....!   Christ, are YOU all in bad shape....! EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 11:49 am

I find it hard to believe the Tallahassee pd aggressively investigated this case.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Christ, are YOU all in bad shape....!   Christ, are YOU all in bad shape....! EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 12:11 pm

michmike wrote:
It wasn't intended as a joke, hail. Maybe an ill-intentioned and uninformed comment on my part, since, as you say, there was(was there?) enough evidence to discredit the charge. But here where I really take umbrage with your position regarding "guilty till proven innocent":

How many rapists (physical, true, honest-to-badness rapists) go scot-free because of how grossly under-reported that felony is??   For any number of reasons---embarrassment, feeling of rejection/abhorrence, fear of reprisal**, frustration with the system ("It will be dismissed as another he-said-she-said")---victims fail to report 60% of their sexual assailants.  And based on the same national studies, as few as 3% of actual rapists serve a day in prison.  Statistics which more than counterbalance my overreaction, I can comfortably argue.  And given your profession, allow me this question: for every man whose reputation is wrongly ruined as you point out, do you feel comfortable claiming there is not at least one woman whose life is physically, socially and psychiatrically scarred by an attack for which the attacker enjoyed impunity?

**-particularly when the [alleged] perpetrator is a sports "hero", as in Winston's case. So vilified would the woman have been had the charges been corroborated and, say,  had FSU lost the BCS title game with a scrub QB, she would have had concrete cause to fear for her life. Just a theory in this case, assuming the charges were refuted as you say---in this case.
So if one of my patient's falsely said that I violated her during an exam, you have no problem with calling me a rapist and blackballing my name in the media (all but assuring I'd never be able to continue my profession)? Because the crime goes un-reported in other cases?

I am NOT a rape apologist. Rape is one of the worst crimes one can commit and should be dealt with as such. However, that should not mean those accused should be held accountable for actions they DID NOT do. If false accusers were held accountable (assuming their accusations can be proved false), then ACTUAL rape victims might have a much easier time getting justice.

Also, it is not "as I say". It is a fact that the charges were refuted. The entire investigation report has been released to the public.  I would consider reading it before you go around calling a young man a rapist simply because a female said so.

http://www.tallahassee.com/interactive/article/20131206/NEWS/131206008/View-Jameis-Winston-investigation-documents
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Christ, are YOU all in bad shape....!   Christ, are YOU all in bad shape....! EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 1:08 pm

I find it hard to believe the Tallahassee pd aggressively investigated this case. Also, hail, don't you have a third-party female present in the room when you examine a woman?
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Christ, are YOU all in bad shape....!   Christ, are YOU all in bad shape....! EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 6:01 pm

When I do transvaginal yes, which is another double standard of it's own. Female techs can do scrotal exams without a chaperone.

But often times when I do abdominal ultrasounds I have to scan "intercostally" (through the ribs), which results in have to reach under a patient's breast at times. I don't have a chaperone for those exams, so what is stopping the patient from saying I was feeling her up against her will? Will I be guilty until proven innocent because so many cases go un-reported? If so, how do I prove my innocence with no witnesses or security cameras? There is a reason our justice system uses "innocent until proven guilty."

I find it hard to believe they didn't aggressively investigate the case. Do you know the accolades a DA would get for a monumental case like this?

Regardless, though, it is incredibly irresponsible to go around calling somebody a "rapist" based off nothing more than accusation. Furthermore, if you read the report, I'd find it hard for anyone to call Winston a rapist. A manwhore? Yeah, sure. According to the witnesses in the report (including the victims friend), the victim willingly left with Winston, willingly had sex with Winston, and then took a ride home from Winston. There are a lot of holes in the victims story that make it all seem fabricated.

PostSubject: Re: Christ, are YOU all in bad shape....!   Christ, are YOU all in bad shape....! Empty

Back to top Go down

Christ, are YOU all in bad shape....!
Page 1 of 1