Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Coaching issues

Go down 
+3
fishgoblue22
umichfaninpa
wshoes
7 posters
AuthorMessage
wshoes

wshoes

Coaching issues Empty
PostSubject: Coaching issues   Coaching issues EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 11:54 am

I may get gigged for saying this, but last night's games again served to underline my concerns about our current coaching staff. MSU struggled offensively against 1-11 WMU early in the season- but they improved all year. They may not have put up a lot of points every week but they developed a nice run/pass combination and became a very solid offense.

Mich on the pother hand seemed hit or miss and the only 2 late "hits" were against the gosh awful IU defense and a Buckeye defense that gave up 24, 31, and 24 first downs in their last 3 games. Our defense was "good" but no comparison to MSU's defense again this year.

I really think our HC is mediocre but I can live with him but only if he becomes more ruthless about under-perfoming assistants.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
umichfaninpa

umichfaninpa

Coaching issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coaching issues   Coaching issues EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 12:13 pm

I am afraid if he keeps the current OC & line coach and does not hire a solid QB coach we are going to continue with the same results.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Coaching issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coaching issues   Coaching issues EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 1:36 pm

I share these concerns.  Devin has all the physical skills to be a great QB but he has the same mistakes all year. Footwork, staring down receivers, not getting to the line quick enough to survey the defense.  These are coaching issues.  UM needs a proven QB coach.
Back to top Go down
the artist formally known

the artist formally known

Coaching issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coaching issues   Coaching issues EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 1:49 pm

Listen MSU was so bad on offense at the beginning of the year they couldn't help but get better. Their whole issue is they play defense and have great defensive cordinator and personel, also they are a senior laden bunch. Thatsaid they were pretty impressive last night

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Coaching issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coaching issues   Coaching issues EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 1:54 pm

they couldn't help but get better.

That's what we all thought about our offensive line too.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

Coaching issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coaching issues   Coaching issues EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 2:03 pm

umichfaninpa wrote:
I am afraid if he keeps the current OC & line coach and does not hire a solid QB coach we are going to continue with the same results.  
If he does and this shit happens again, then I will be "all out" for BH. One more year, short leash.
Back to top Go down
stjotoo

Coaching issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coaching issues   Coaching issues EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 4:18 pm

It would appear that there were great improvements in the quarterbacks at both Moo U and OSUcks in the past year. Why not at Michigan? Devin Gardner supposedly has the skills but they do not appear to have been developed. QB coach's responsibility?? I say "Hell, YES!".

'too

GOBLUEJOE66

Coaching issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coaching issues   Coaching issues EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 5:02 pm

stjotoo wrote:
It would appear that there were great improvements in the quarterbacks at both Moo U and OSUcks in the past year.  Why not at Michigan?  Devin Gardner supposedly has the skills but they do not appear to have been developed.  QB coach's responsibility??  I say "Hell, YES!".

'too
Totally agree 'too!

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Coaching issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coaching issues   Coaching issues Empty

Back to top Go down

Coaching issues
Page 1 of 1