Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OT: Jim Tressel

Go down 
+3
the artist formally known
MgoBlue
EJinGA
7 posters
AuthorMessage
EJinGA

OT: Jim Tressel Empty
PostSubject: OT: Jim Tressel   OT: Jim Tressel EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 1:05 pm

Rumor has it that The Sweater Vest could be the Lions new OC... And if not, he would be brought on in some capacity.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: OT: Jim Tressel   OT: Jim Tressel EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 1:35 pm

My only thoughts are I am surprised he has stayed away this long.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OT: Jim Tressel   OT: Jim Tressel EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 2:38 pm

It would be a great oppurtunity for me to find another team to start rootong for, The Lions have been the pit hole of the NFL forever and Ive been a fan for over 50 years. He could be the last straw

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: OT: Jim Tressel   OT: Jim Tressel EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 2:47 pm

I don't follow the NFL nearly as much as I do college but the Lions are my team. I will be devastated if they hire the vest. I will disown them until he is gone. I'd rather have Millen back then hire Tressel and that's no lie. I F-ing hate that assh*le. Great coach, terrible person.

PostSubject: Re: OT: Jim Tressel   OT: Jim Tressel EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 3:09 pm

I have a different perspective because I dumped the Lions as my team in 2005 (a decision I've never once regretted), but I don't really consider Tressel beneath the Lions. I think there are literally dozens of college coaches who are just as bad as Tressel. The NFL, at least, makes no pretense about it, they are a ruthless business designed to suck every penny they can out of their fans. With the Lions being probably the worst franchise in football, I would actually say Tressel is probably a little too good for the Lions.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OT: Jim Tressel   OT: Jim Tressel EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 3:22 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
I don't follow the NFL nearly as much as I do college but the Lions are my team. I will  be devastated if they hire the vest. I will disown them until he is gone. I'd rather have Millen back then hire Tressel and that's no lie. I F-ing hate that assh*le. Great coach, terrible person.  

+1 million!
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: OT: Jim Tressel   OT: Jim Tressel EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 4:50 pm

The people of Michigan (MSU fans included) might not hate any coach more than they hate any coach more than Tressel. I don't think that even the Lions organization is dumb enough to hire a guy than will alienate a fanbase.

Honestly, I think a big reason the Pistons passed on Burke was because a lot of Pistons fans are also Michigan St. fans and would trash the pick for years. Likewise, the Lions fanbase would not be quiet about a Tressel hire.

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: OT: Jim Tressel   OT: Jim Tressel EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 8:29 pm

He was hired by Jim Caldwell before, right after he was fired from OSU.
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: OT: Jim Tressel   OT: Jim Tressel EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 7:59 am

As a life long Lions fan, I hope they do hire him. They need all the good coaching they can get, regardless of his history.

He would whoop Stafford's bratty ass, and make him turn his hat around.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: OT: Jim Tressel   OT: Jim Tressel EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 1:34 pm

EJinGA wrote:
As a life long Lions fan, I hope they do hire him. They need all the good coaching they can get, regardless of his history.

I could never get behind that guy. Good thing I'm a Jags fan first, eh? lol.
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: OT: Jim Tressel   OT: Jim Tressel EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 1:44 pm

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2014/01/detroit_lions_jim_tressel.html#incart_river
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: OT: Jim Tressel   OT: Jim Tressel EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 1:45 pm

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
EJinGA wrote:

I could never get behind that guy. Good thing I'm a Jags fan first, eh? lol.

We both have lousy teams, but I think Jacksonville was probably the better team at the end of the year.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: OT: Jim Tressel   OT: Jim Tressel EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 2:04 pm

They almost played their way out of a top pick. I never like when my teams lose, but man I was really hoping on getting a franchise QB and I think Bridgewater will be elite.

Regardless, the two teams I root for are two of the four teams to never play in a Super Bowl. It's great.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OT: Jim Tressel   OT: Jim Tressel Empty

Back to top Go down

OT: Jim Tressel
Page 1 of 1