Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mitch McGary devised the plan to propel UM to the win

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Mitch McGary devised the plan to propel UM to the win Empty
PostSubject: Mitch McGary devised the plan to propel UM to the win   Mitch McGary devised the plan to propel UM to the win EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 9:42 am

http://mgoblog.com/
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Mitch McGary devised the plan to propel UM to the win   Mitch McGary devised the plan to propel UM to the win EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 2:36 pm

everything in Aneurysm Two is some of the best, funniest, informative stuff I've ever read on MgBlog. Do yourself a favor and read it if you haven't

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Mitch McGary devised the plan to propel UM to the win   Mitch McGary devised the plan to propel UM to the win EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 2:46 pm

one more thing...

thought's on Beilein blowing up like he did the other night? Brian Kelly like?

Justify it and condemn it. I want to hear both sides of what everyone thinks.

My thought, I liked it because it was CLEARLY a terrible and absolutely wrong call. Beilein nor anyone on the bench called a time out. In the end he was right, the refs were wrong and he got his TO back. In a game that tight, Michigan of all programs knows that a timeout can mean the game.

I hated it because he lost it. Absolutely lost it. Nik had to hold him back. A player, not a fellow coach but a player had to intervene.

There is a picture from the tourney last year where some big play obviously just happened and the team is jumping up and down going wild and Beilein is sitting in his chair staring like he's watching an imaginary game of go fish. I love it because it showed how in that moment nothing could phase him. He was a man in the zone. Of course I want to see animation and Beilein does get after it from time to time but I hope to never see him blow up like that again.

We condemned Kelly for it (although he has a history of it) so I don't want give JB a free pass just yet and that's why I want to hear you thoughts on it. One more thing to add, you could clearly see JB talking to refs after he got his TO back and was calmed down and it seemed to me like he was either trying to explain or even apologize for his outburst. I can't be sure but I do know that you rarely see that from a coach after the fact.

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Mitch McGary devised the plan to propel UM to the win   Mitch McGary devised the plan to propel UM to the win EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 3:27 pm

It was completely out of character for him.  I didn't mind it because he won't make a habit of it.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Mitch McGary devised the plan to propel UM to the win   Mitch McGary devised the plan to propel UM to the win EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 3:46 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
It was completely out of character for him.  I didn't mind it because he won't make a habit of it.

pretty much what I was trying to get at.

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Mitch McGary devised the plan to propel UM to the win   Mitch McGary devised the plan to propel UM to the win EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 4:07 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:

pretty much what I was trying to get at.
I'm a man of few words.
Back to top Go down
jjabilene

PostSubject: Re: Mitch McGary devised the plan to propel UM to the win   Mitch McGary devised the plan to propel UM to the win EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 5:19 pm

He was interviewed by Sam Webb this morning, Webb asked him what set him off there. JB didn't even mention the timeout. I found his response very interesting. He started out by saying "I have to be careful what I say here" then he said something like "you notice certain trends during games". He wouldn't say much more than that which didn't surprise me. I'm completely reading between the lines here, but my interpretation is that he thought his team was getting hosed, so he had to lose it on the officials to get a fair whistle. Interestingly, I had previously thought the officiating got a little more fair in the latter part of the game. I don't think JB likes to ride the officials all game like Izzo and Ryan do, but realizes that sometimes it has to be done, and it does have an effect.
Back to top Go down
jjabilene

PostSubject: Re: Mitch McGary devised the plan to propel UM to the win   Mitch McGary devised the plan to propel UM to the win EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 5:47 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
http://mgoblog.com/

Also, I was just thinking. If McGary goes pro after this season, we really got cheated as fans (by his injury) of a guy who is so much fun to watch. We really only got to enjoy the full McGary effect during last year's tournament run. He had stretches here and there, but I was dreaming of large doses of what we saw in the big dance last year. Oh well, those are the breaks.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Mitch McGary devised the plan to propel UM to the win   Mitch McGary devised the plan to propel UM to the win EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 8:31 pm

General Dwight David "Ike" Eisenhower, Supreme Coommander of the Allied Forces in WW2 and our 34th (?) President once said: "lose your temper only by intention." That has always stayed with me. I wonder if Coach JB was really out of control there.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Mitch McGary devised the plan to propel UM to the win   Mitch McGary devised the plan to propel UM to the win EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 8:25 am

As most of you, I have no idea what the scoop with Coach B was there...other than the obvious, of course: he's an imperfect human being (duh, ya see 'em all the time, no? The perfect variety---not so much.)

But Nik proved his substance and emotional meddle by intervening: a "T" right there could well have cost us the game. Would've allowed State to take the lead, and destroyed (or badly damaged) our sync (which was certainly great at the point, and the rest of the way).

The above blabb over with, I would not trade JB for any coach in the country (a unique, original thought, huh?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mitch McGary devised the plan to propel UM to the win   Mitch McGary devised the plan to propel UM to the win Empty

Back to top Go down

Mitch McGary devised the plan to propel UM to the win
Page 1 of 1