Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gibbons news

Go down 
+8
MgoBlue
sandyeggo_blue
wshoes
joe
dwoody
GOBLUEJOE66
MichiganFootball13
umichfaninpa
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
dwoody

dwoody

Gibbons news - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gibbons news   Gibbons news - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 1:57 pm

The presumed findings without any input from the Respondent. Hoke acted after the OSCR acted following submission of each side's statements. To act prior would have been unjust. Sentence is never imposed prior to the completion of the proceeding, at least in the country I was raised.
Back to top Go down
MichiganFootball13

MichiganFootball13

PostSubject: Re: Gibbons news   Gibbons news - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 2:52 pm

I am confused…I have heard about these reports changing in 2011 and information was known then and I hear it was in 2013. Am I confusing two different things or have two dates been thrown out there
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Gibbons news   Gibbons news - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 3:05 pm

From what I understand, the rules OSCR rules relative to burden of proof changed in 2011, thus exposing Gibbons to UM sanctions liability that did not exist when the incident occurred in 2009.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Gibbons news   Gibbons news - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 3:27 pm

But the issue had been considered closed in 2009. I believe.

Wouldn't that be a sort of double jeopardy?

Or sorta like,

"You didn't break the rules we had in place in 2009 so we're going to change the rules."?

Look, I do not condone Sexual Assault. But I also believe in Due Process. To a fault I do.

Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Gibbons news   Gibbons news - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 3:38 pm

In recent years the laws have changed with sex cases, as have civil rules, which this is a matter of. Jeopardy does not attach until one is brought to trial and the jury is sworn in, so first, this is not a criminal matter, and second, since he was never charged and brought to trial there is no jeopardy. Just so you know, this does not apply always. For example, you could be charged under a state statute for some offense, tried and acquitted, and then later charged with a federal crime for the same conduct. Since Federal and State courts are separate justice systems, no jeopardy (the correct spelling) exists. some of you guys may know that I have some expertise in this area (legal, not sex assaults). Also, I think Gibbons is a rich-boy pampered piece of shit, and am in no way sympathetic to him, but "them's the rules".

Last edited by dwoody on Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : for fun)
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Gibbons news   Gibbons news - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 4:10 pm

Plus woody, none of this is bound in a court of law. YET.

Everything everyone is talking about is 100% outside the judicial system. This means there would be no way to force someone to talk or even tell the truth.

Unless it is in a court of law, under penalty of perjury, no one is compelled to tell anything much less the truth.

In my opinion this is exactly where the FREEH Report was flawed yet everyone took it as Bible.

The NCAA can't make anyone tell the truth. UofM can't make anyone tell the truth. Ace Whatsisname and Drew Sharp can't make anyone tell the truth.

The Supreme Court CAN make you tell the truth.

Whew. I need a rest. lol
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Gibbons news   Gibbons news - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 5:15 pm

Actually no one can ever make any one tell the truth. But that's neither here nor there. In any event, he wasn't charged so he won't be prosecuted. I suppose he still could be (at least for another year or so) IF the woman chose to request prosecution. In any event Gibbons is just piece of shit, as are many jocks at all levels of education when it comes to sex and women.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gibbons news   Gibbons news - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Gibbons news
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2