Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Who'da ever thunk it!!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
stjotoo

Who'da ever thunk it!! Empty
PostSubject: Who'da ever thunk it!!   Who'da ever thunk it!! EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 10:11 am

We are on our way to Phoenix for most of March. Last night we arrived at a motel in Alburquerque and to our surprise they offered the Big Ten Network and the Michigan/Purdue game. We checked in at 6:00 local time, 8:00 Eastern time. It happened to be halftime at the game and Michigan was down somerthing like 11 or 13 points. We watched the start of the second half in the room and were dissappointed/disgusted as the score that varied from 11 down to 9 down to 13 down to 10 down, etc., etc. With the the aforementioned mindset we left the room and walked to a bar/restaurant near the motel. They had various ESPN cable channels on but no Michigan game. The streamers at the bottom of the screens had various scores running and when I saw Michigan down by 13 I gave up. But later I saw Michigan had tied the game and it went into overtime. The bartender, who said he was a Michigan fan, looked up the outcome on his smart phone. What a surprise!!!!! It warranted a celebratory beer (or two).

This team better get their act together and play 20 minutes of basketball in of the the games ahead in the next 3 to 4 weeks.

Who'da ever thunk it!!
Page 1 of 1