Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Beilein Coach of the Year?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
joe

joe

Beilein Coach of the Year? Empty
PostSubject: Beilein Coach of the Year?   Beilein Coach of the Year? EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 11:28 am

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2014/02/michigans_john_beilein_a_final.html

He has to be names B1G COY right? How could he not?

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Beilein Coach of the Year?   Beilein Coach of the Year? EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 1:01 pm

I love JB but let's let the season play out before we issue awards.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Beilein Coach of the Year?   Beilein Coach of the Year? EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 1:15 pm

True but no one expected Michigan to even be close to where we are this year.

Besides, don't you know that in today's day and age if you don't start talking about something 2 months ahead of time you get left behind?

Everyone's gotta be the first to report, post or tweet something even if it's false.

Did you her about the NASCAR fans that rushed to congratulate Jimmy Johnson for winning the Daytona last Sunday? What was funny was It was a replay from LAST YEAR'S WIN they were watching. But people feel the need to rush onto the world wide web to show how stupid they are.

But I digress........

It's somethin' to talk about.

PostSubject: Re: Beilein Coach of the Year?   Beilein Coach of the Year? EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 2:05 pm

He's in the running. Nebraska's coach deserves consideration. Maybe Iowa.

I think it's still too early to call it. Coach B is definitely in the mix.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Beilein Coach of the Year?   Beilein Coach of the Year? EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 10:39 am

In no way is Fan McCaffery in the running for Coach of the Year. It will go to Beilein (if they win the Big Ten despite losing the NPOY, another 1st round pick, and a pre-season All America), Nebraska's coach, or even maybe Izzo if they win the Big Ten despite missing two starters for much of the season.

I think it's Beilein's to lose right now.

PostSubject: Re: Beilein Coach of the Year?   Beilein Coach of the Year? EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 12:38 pm

I wouldn't count Fan out just yet. Iowa scares the hell out of me in the tourney. I think they have a hell of a team. Not saying he is a front runner. Just saying he's done a good job coming off of a year where they missed the NCAA tourney.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Beilein Coach of the Year?   Beilein Coach of the Year? EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 1:10 pm

I will count Fran out. Big Ten awards are named before the Big Ten (and NCAA) Tournament, so there isn't much more Fran can do to sway my opinion.

Iowa was projected to finish top 5 in the Big Ten, returned the entire team from last year. Look at this experience...

Starters:
Senior
Senior
Junior
Sophomore
Sophomore

Bench:
Senior
Junior
Junior
Sophomore
Sophomore

That is a 10 man rotation that includes 6 upper classmen and doesn't include any freshmen. This Iowa team has plenty of talent, too. They were in the SportingNews preseason Top 25. They were in line to finish top 3 in the Big Ten or even higher after Michigan lost to Wisconsin/Michigan St. lost to Nebraska. How has Iowa responded when that was on the plate for them? They shit down their leg and have lost three straight.

Forgive me for not being impressed with them being tied with Nebraska for 5th place in the conference.

the artist formally known

PostSubject: Re: Beilein Coach of the Year?   Beilein Coach of the Year? EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 4:37 pm

as stat man says so it is written, personally i think the Nebraska coach will win, he has had pretty darn good season,

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Beilein Coach of the Year?   Beilein Coach of the Year? EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 4:56 pm

http://www.slicksportstalk.com/post/basketball/pre-b1g-basketball-conference-play-power-rankings

Was one guy's rankings after OOC. Things he says about us are pretty funny actually.

http://www.bigten.org/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/m-baskbl-standings.html

Is where we are currently.

Using really stupid logic (since internet articles make it possible) Nebraska is 3-4 spots higher than the projection. Michigan is 4 spots higher than the projection. (And honesty I don't know that any of us would have thought we were good enough to win the B1G.)

So, there is little to no conclusion. lol

Except Beilein's team has no senior star leadership and no one thought we'd actually win the thing. (Suggesting that we are going to in the thing.)

I'll use my maize and blue glasses and say Beilein with Nebraska guy 1a.

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Beilein Coach of the Year?   Beilein Coach of the Year? EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 7:19 pm

the artist formally known wrote:
as stat man says so it is written, personally i think the Nebraska coach will win, he has had pretty darn good season,

Do you think Iowa being tied for 5th place in the conference, after all 5 starters, 6 upper classmen, and not playing any freshmen in your top 10 players is impressive?

I don't.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beilein Coach of the Year?   Beilein Coach of the Year? Empty

Back to top Go down

Beilein Coach of the Year?
Page 1 of 1