Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dantonio's trouble

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
the artist formally known

the artist formally known

Dantonio's trouble Empty
PostSubject: Dantonio's trouble   Dantonio's trouble EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 11:11 am

will begin if he starts losing to Michigan and tO$U and starts to go 7-9 1 or 2 years becuase MSU fans will turn on him quickly, right now he is basking in the sunlight of beating Michigan and ND,and 2 11 wins season. as he should. I think if he starts losing more game which could easily happen if the Pac12 schedule and Michigan rebounds as it should he will get alot of heat.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Dantonio's trouble Empty
PostSubject: Either that...   Dantonio's trouble EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 11:14 am

or does a bigger school go after him in the near future?

Does Mack Brown hang it up soon? If so, does UT go after MD?

Just an example. But I have been thinking about that for a while (him moving vertically to a better program).
Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
joe

joe

Dantonio's trouble Empty
PostSubject: It was just announced on SportsCenter   Dantonio's trouble EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 11:16 am

That Texas and Brown are very near and extension.

Didn't sound like Mack Brown was going anywhere soon.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Dantonio's trouble Empty
PostSubject: Oh ok...thanks for the info*    Dantonio's trouble EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 11:17 am

-
Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Dantonio's trouble Empty
PostSubject: My opinion is...   Dantonio's trouble EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 2:27 pm

at this point the MSU fan base is so ecstatic with beating Michigan over the last few years (and they should be) that I think at this point MD is good to go with the MSU fans for a while. I don't think they will turn on him as quick as others think they will if he were to start losing.

I think that over time if he starts losing 4 or 5 games a year but continues to beat UM then they will tolerate it him but there will come a time that if he he is not competitive in the B1G but still beats Michigan he will be let go.

I don't think 11 win seasons will be the mark. I think he has set the mark already by just being competitive and the two 11 wins seasons are just icing on the cake for the MSU fans. I think that if he ever does get them to a Rose Bowl he will be a true god in their eyes and it will be hard to get him out of town (see JoePa)

MD's decline has already started. He has lost the recruiting war with UM and OSU. He will still field a good team for the next two years based on the players he has. He will continue his success in the B1G but he won't beat Michigan or OSU again and he won't ever get to a Rose Bowl.

MD is not a dumb guy. He sees the writing on the wall. He should move on to greener pastures before things really start to implode (see Urban Meyer).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dantonio's trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dantonio's trouble   Dantonio's trouble Empty

Back to top Go down

Dantonio's trouble
Page 1 of 1