Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OT:OSU

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MgoBlue

OT:OSU Empty
PostSubject: OT:OSU   OT:OSU EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 11:37 pm

Should OSU be concerned about making the tourney? It seemed like a foregone conclusion that they would make the dance BUT their resume can't be very strong given their out of conference schedule was weak as hell. I haven't looked up the RPI of the teams they have played but wouldn't think they would have very many quality wins. They are just over .500 in B1G.

I did see that CBS currently has OSU as a 6 seed which seems much too high IMO.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: OT:OSU   OT:OSU EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 8:30 am

It's still a foregone conclusion if you look at RPI and SOS. They should be concerned about how they're playing though.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: OT:OSU   OT:OSU EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 9:31 am

Certainly the B1G helps them with SOS. Still they are about .500 with that part of their schedule. Still can't believe CBS has them as a 6 seed. I am thinking 10-12 at best. They can still improve with the remaining conf schedule/B1G Tourney but it's not looking good.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: OT:OSU   OT:OSU EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 11:42 am

22-10 (9-9 in the nation's best or 2nd best conference)
RPI currently #25
SOS currently #19
4-6 vs RPI top 25 teams.
11-6 vs RPI top 50 teams.

Ohio St. is a lock. You have to remember that 68 teams make the tournament, so no teams that are in the top 40(ish) in both RPI and SOS are going to miss the tournament.

Iowa, Ohio St., Michigan St., Michigan, and Wisconsin are all locks.

Nebraska, Indiana, and Minnesota could all still make the tournament. Nebraska I'll give a 60% chance of making it. Minnesota I'll give a 20% chance of making it. Indiana I'll give a 5% chance of making it.

To drop them to a 10-12 seed would mean you would need 40-48 teams with better resumes. For example, compare them to Memphis who is projected as an 8/9 seed.

21-7 (11-5)
RPI 32
SOS 67
4 wins vs RPI top 25 teams
5-6 wins vs RPI top 50 teams.

Based on those resumes, you can't put Memphis above Ohio St., and there are a handful of teams (Arizona St., Gonzaga, Stanford, etc.).

PostSubject: Re: OT:OSU   OT:OSU EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 3:08 pm

Nice breakdown. Perhaps my hatred of them was blinding me.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: OT:OSU   OT:OSU EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 6:34 pm

I hate them too and I think they are a guaranteed early exit. You are going to hear a lot of people making noise about "Ohio St. being a nightmare matchup because of their defense and Aaron Craft" come bracket time, but I'm not buying it. Teams that don't score a lot and let bad teams hang around are prime candidates for upsets.

I can just see the look of red-faced Craft after they get kocked off in the 1st round.

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: OT:OSU   OT:OSU EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 8:58 pm

My neighbor is a huge OSU fan.  I was snow blowing his driveway for him yesterday, after I finished mine, and he said the OSU will be dangerous in the NCAA tourney.  I told him that they will win one game but not two because they have no offense.  

But on another note, he thinks UM has final four potential.  Not sure about that.

Last edited by fishgoblue22 on Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: OT:OSU   OT:OSU EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 8:13 am

If they (OSU) play the defense they are capable of, they could make it to the second week depending upon their draw. Tough to envision a long run though.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OT:OSU   OT:OSU Empty

Back to top Go down

OT:OSU
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Michigan Basketball Forum-
Jump to: