Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

B1G Coach of the Year

Go down 
+6
dwoody
MgoBlue
michmike
fishgoblue22
wshoes
joe
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
joe

joe

B1G Coach of the Year Empty
PostSubject: B1G Coach of the Year   B1G Coach of the Year EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 7:44 am

I wear Maize and Blue Glasses but

I give the COY trophy to the dude at Nebraska.

Dude, they were picked 12th in the B1G!

I want it for JB and he deserves it to the Nth degree but.......

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: B1G Coach of the Year   B1G Coach of the Year EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 7:55 am

Won the best or second best conf by three games! Beat his competitor for the honors home and away.

My vote is for JB (love Miles though).

'shoes
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: B1G Coach of the Year   B1G Coach of the Year EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 7:59 am

wshoes wrote:
Won the best or second best conf by three games! Beat his competitor for the honors home and away.

'shoes

I agree. Why should it go to the guy that did better based on expectations? JB has done an amazing job this year. The player development is through the roof. Miles has had a "great" year, but they may still miss the NCAAs if they don't win a game or two in the B1G tourney. JB is the COY in the B1G.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: B1G Coach of the Year   B1G Coach of the Year EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 8:09 am

Agree (it's JB). You know that old saying, "No one did more with less?"
Well, Miles did LESS with less. (And don't let the sounds of those combinations of words make you puke!)

Explanation: he unquestionably has less talent that JB to work with, but he did less (overall) than JB...who won the conference by a comfy margin, and was the only B-10 coach to beat TM at home, and who buried him on the road (79-50?)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: B1G Coach of the Year   B1G Coach of the Year EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 8:22 am

I know I'm biased but, I really think JB deserves it more. Shit, just winning the BT AND doing it by 3 games is a MAJOR accomplishment! How often does that happen????
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: B1G Coach of the Year   B1G Coach of the Year EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 8:27 am

I hope I'm surprised.

B1G Awards show is tonight at 6:00.

Or is that only for the All-Conference picks?

PostSubject: Re: B1G Coach of the Year   B1G Coach of the Year EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 8:41 am

fishgoblue22 wrote:
wshoes wrote:

'shoes

I agree.  Why should it go to the guy that did better based on expectations?  JB has done an amazing job this year.  The player development is through the roof.  Miles has had a "great" year, but they may still miss the NCAAs if they don't win a game or two in the B1G tourney.  JB is the COY in the B1G.

Good point. We shun preseason pools and then prop up someone for acheiving above those expectations. No question Miles did a great job this year but Coach B should be B1G COY. He won the conference, won head to head with Nebraska. What hasn't he done to win it?

It will be close but Coach B is the man. Unless they give it to both of them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: B1G Coach of the Year   B1G Coach of the Year EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 8:52 am

Question: who decides this thing? Media? Coaches?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: B1G Coach of the Year   B1G Coach of the Year EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 8:59 am

Ok, we all need to send Brendan Quinn an email! lol

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2014/03/big_ten_coach_of_the_year_tim.html

Trader!!
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: B1G Coach of the Year   B1G Coach of the Year EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 9:00 am

GOBLUEecuador wrote:
Ok, we all need to send Brendan Quinn an email! lol

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2014/03/big_ten_coach_of_the_year_tim.html

Trader!!

I read that this morning. I think he is off base here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: B1G Coach of the Year   B1G Coach of the Year EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 9:10 am

Agree, fish. I just don't know how you ignore a coach who wins the BT conference and do it by 3 games when hardly anyone picked them to do so at the beginning of the year? Not to mention JB was the only coach to beat Miles in Lincoln? I don't get it.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: B1G Coach of the Year   B1G Coach of the Year EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 9:43 am

"Traitor" nfm
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: B1G Coach of the Year   B1G Coach of the Year EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 10:26 am

dwoody wrote:
"Traitor"  nfm

You're right, my bad. Didn't even think about it, just came out.

Guess I should quit posting.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: B1G Coach of the Year   B1G Coach of the Year EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 10:32 am

All points made are valid

HOWEVER

You guys are treating it like these are polls and winning "this" against "that" means something.

Do you really think "Beilein beat the guy 2 times head to head this year" comes into play when discussing a coach of the year? I don't. If you're talking about 2 teams, then probably yes.

In my mind you can't treat the COY award like you treat weekly polls or rankings.

I don't know who is voting for this but I really doubt they are going to put the in depth thought some of our fans are putting into it. I'm thinking they go to their talking heads and ask them who they think it is. We already know where Michigan stands with the media. We get no attention. We get no accolades. It's always Iowa, MSU, Wisconsin, MSU's getting healthy, Nebraska, MSU MIGHT get healthy, Wisconsin again....... It's just ever Michigan.

Media is enamored over the job Miles has done. For some reason Michigan fans are the only ones that see what Beilein has done.

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: B1G Coach of the Year   B1G Coach of the Year EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 10:55 am

joe wrote:
All points made are valid

HOWEVER

You guys are treating it like these are polls and winning "this" against "that" means something.

Do you really think "Beilein beat the guy 2 times head to head this year" comes into play when discussing a coach of the year? I don't. If you're talking about 2 teams, then probably yes.

In my mind you can't treat the COY award like you treat weekly polls or rankings.

I don't know who is voting for this but I really doubt they are going to put the in depth thought some of our fans are putting into it. I'm thinking they go to their talking heads and ask them who they think it is.  We already know where Michigan stands with the media. We get no attention. We get no accolades. It's always Iowa, MSU, Wisconsin, MSU's getting healthy, Nebraska, MSU MIGHT get healthy, Wisconsin again....... It's just ever Michigan.

Media is enamored over the job Miles has done. For some reason Michigan fans are the only ones that see what Beilein has done.

I don't think so. JB wins it.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: B1G Coach of the Year   B1G Coach of the Year EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 11:19 am

Not my choice. Not my opinion that Miles is better or was a better coach this year.

But it IS my opinion that the media and/or coaches will give it to Miles.

PostSubject: Re: B1G Coach of the Year   B1G Coach of the Year EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 1:13 pm

dwoody wrote:
"Traitor"  nfm

Wow. Feel better?
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: B1G Coach of the Year   B1G Coach of the Year EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 2:11 pm

Beilein won the Big Ten, outright, by three games, despite playing a harder conference schedule than the other top 5 teams. He did this after losing two first round picks (one being the previous NPOY) and a preseason All-American.

Michigan won on the road at every other top 5 teams home court. Think about that for a second.

joe

PostSubject: Re: B1G Coach of the Year   B1G Coach of the Year EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 2:30 pm

Keep talking yourselves into it.

joe

PostSubject: Re: B1G Coach of the Year   B1G Coach of the Year EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 5:25 pm

Though it matters not, here's more opinions. lol. (They're like assholes, everyone's got one! lol)

http://michigan.247sports.com/Article/B1G-Award-Picks-181863

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: B1G Coach of the Year   B1G Coach of the Year EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 8:35 pm

Well Joe, we were both right. TM won the coaches vote and JB won the media vote.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: B1G Coach of the Year   B1G Coach of the Year EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 9:16 pm

FUnny how that worked out.

Now we should argue about whether the coach's vote or the media's vote is more important! lmao!

the artist formally known

PostSubject: Re: B1G Coach of the Year   B1G Coach of the Year EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 10:11 pm

B1G COY I love JB so glad he is Michigans coach. But you can't argue with Coaches selection. Beating MSU on their court finishing 4th in the B1G. Miles did a hell of a job, Considering what John had comming back and Miles had a bunch of unknowns I can live with this,,

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: B1G Coach of the Year   B1G Coach of the Year EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 10:16 pm

To me there is less bias in media. That's just my opinion. I highly doubt JB got votes from Izzo or Matta or probably Crean for starters.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: B1G Coach of the Year   B1G Coach of the Year EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 6:33 am

Don't know about Matta, but Izzo and Crean made it 2-0 before the other votes got counted. JB looked a little hurt about it last night.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: B1G Coach of the Year   B1G Coach of the Year EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 8:13 am

wshoes wrote:
Don't know about Matta, but Izzo and Crean made it 2-0 before the other votes got counted. JB looked a little hurt about it last night.

'shoes

Shoes, down the pathway of years, I've encountered numerous people who, if they hated me, I took it as a compliment.

Were I coach Beilein**, I'd take that exact position regarding Crean and Izzo. Particularly the former, since in his
case it would apply on and off the court.

(**-T.G. for Michigan basketball I am not!)
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: B1G Coach of the Year   B1G Coach of the Year EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 9:12 am

Funny but I'd think there would be more bias by writers who hate the other team rather than coaches????

And there is absolutely no backlash for the writers/media. But if a coach disses you there is ammunition forever.

joe

PostSubject: Re: B1G Coach of the Year   B1G Coach of the Year EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 9:13 am

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2014/03/michigans_nik_stauskas_caris_l.html

Someone (sorry hail but WITHOUT SABERMETRICS) has to explain to me how GRIII is honorable mention??????? Voted by both coaches and media.

Sorry, GRIII is not one of the best 20 players in the B1G. I love the kid like a son but he's NOT THAT GOOD.

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: B1G Coach of the Year   B1G Coach of the Year EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 9:47 am

http://statsheet.com/mcb/statrank/players/8?class=

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: B1G Coach of the Year   B1G Coach of the Year EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 9:48 am

joe wrote:
http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2014/03/michigans_nik_stauskas_caris_l.html

Someone (sorry hail but WITHOUT SABERMETRICS) has to explain to me how GRIII is honorable mention??????? Voted by both coaches and media.

Sorry, GRIII is not one of the best 20 players in the B1G. I love the kid like a son but he's NOT THAT GOOD.

Name 20 better players.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: B1G Coach of the Year   B1G Coach of the Year Empty

Back to top Go down

B1G Coach of the Year
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next