Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Outsiders: Yay or Nay? (poll)

Go down 
+12
cazzy0091
GOBLUEJOE66
Wolverdog
BoulderMBlue
BOLEACH7
fishgoblue22
sec8row74
napaeus
WillieMfan
the artist formally known
joe
Admin
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Do we open this thing up to some opposing views?
A) Sure, I don't mind the cali's of the world.
Outsiders: Yay or Nay? (poll)  Vote_lcap42%Outsiders: Yay or Nay? (poll)  Vote_rcap
 42% [ 16 ]
B) No. I'm here to avoid any of that altogether.
Outsiders: Yay or Nay? (poll)  Vote_lcap55%Outsiders: Yay or Nay? (poll)  Vote_rcap
 55% [ 21 ]
C) You're an idiot for asking. (THAT MEANS NO!)
Outsiders: Yay or Nay? (poll)  Vote_lcap3%Outsiders: Yay or Nay? (poll)  Vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 38

AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Outsiders: Yay or Nay? (poll)  Empty
PostSubject: Outsiders: Yay or Nay? (poll)    Outsiders: Yay or Nay? (poll)  EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 11:39 am

We've had some folks over at MLive show some interest in joining us over here. One in particular was OstegoRocks. Before I open the gate to some of the 'decent' opposing posters, I want to get everyone's input first. If allowing any of them in here will negate the purpose of this site, in your mind, then we simply won't do it. (I've worked too damn hard to watch this thing crumble now lol!). So, I leave it up to you. (By the way, if you vote yes to allow some in, post the names of folks you would like to see. Maybe more importantly, post the names of folks you DON'T want to see....AZ, msutrader, etc., those we know.)

Last edited by Admin on Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
joe

joe

PostSubject: No need to give names   Outsiders: Yay or Nay? (poll)  EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 11:46 am

of the haters. You know them.

If we could get good posters. I'll throw out goodbar and mag150 for just a couple. In my mind Cali would be a given.

Other names you don't even have to ask about.

Basically if they are dissing this forum on MLive, we don't want or need them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Not my site   Outsiders: Yay or Nay? (poll)  EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 12:06 pm

Healty discussion is good, sometimes other thoughts on the BIG is good and gives a heathy chat on their views of the BIG and the recruiting, and many other aspects ?
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: IMO    Outsiders: Yay or Nay? (poll)  EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 12:43 pm

One of those would not be Otsego.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: ABSOLUTELY NOT!   Outsiders: Yay or Nay? (poll)  EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 12:55 pm

WillieMfan wrote:
One of those would not be Otsego.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: There will be no ostego...   Outsiders: Yay or Nay? (poll)  EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 2:02 pm

I was unaware of his whole story until this am.

As I echoed to Dog, I'm leaving this decision completely up to the forum as a whole. I may admin, but I honestly look at this site as a group 'project'. Democracy in its truest form will dictate this decision.

I'll leave the poll up through the wknd. After that, we'll tally votes and that will be that.

So, vote!

As always, Go Blue!
Back to top Go down
napaeus

napaeus

PostSubject: Short leash?   Outsiders: Yay or Nay? (poll)  EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 2:07 pm

I certainly don't mind a little friendly competitive talk, but I hope that you have a short leash with those that you invite and can ban them by IP and not just by screen name. I can't fathom how many names some of the trolls have.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: IP ban is within my reach. Love the avatar!*   Outsiders: Yay or Nay? (poll)  EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 2:10 pm

napaeus wrote:
I certainly don't mind a little friendly competitive talk, but I hope that you have a short leash with those that you invite and can ban them by IP and not just by screen name. I can't fathom how many names some of the trolls have.
Back to top Go down
sec8row74

sec8row74

PostSubject: Not Worth the Trouble!   Outsiders: Yay or Nay? (poll)  EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 2:29 pm

I'm mostly a viewer, never been much of a poster, can't stand MLive anymore, hopefully this forum can be a peaceful, stay on topic Michigan forum.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Welcome!!    Outsiders: Yay or Nay? (poll)  EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 2:31 pm

sec8row74 wrote:
I'm mostly a viewer, never been much of a poster, can't stand MLive anymore, hopefully this forum can be a peaceful, stay on topic Michigan forum.

I must admit, when I first saw your username, I thought you were a SEC guy....stupid me.

Very glad to have you here. Post as often or as little as you'd like...were just glad you're with us.

Go Blue!
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: NCHawk is a great guy   Outsiders: Yay or Nay? (poll)  EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 5:22 pm

cheers
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Do you ever talk to him?   Outsiders: Yay or Nay? (poll)  EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 5:25 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
cheers

I agree
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: dicktresell   Outsiders: Yay or Nay? (poll)  EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 5:26 pm

buckeye fan but was a good poster until fired up with the idiots who trashed him just for not being a michigan fan
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: dicktressel was   Outsiders: Yay or Nay? (poll)  EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 5:43 pm

ok with me. we had go-rounds but that's what we want.

Just not 5 year olds.
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: Outsiders: Yay or Nay? (poll)    Outsiders: Yay or Nay? (poll)  EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 5:46 pm

yeah dickT was very good ..... got defensive when the shit piled on by michigan fans just there to start shit as well as idiots like azhole and crap trying to stir things up
Back to top Go down
BoulderMBlue

BoulderMBlue

PostSubject: The popularity of this site will be immense   Outsiders: Yay or Nay? (poll)  EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 8:02 pm

This site will grow significantly based on a simple theme of sharing Michigan sports. It works great on Rivals. Allowing these trolls to participate will compromise that foundation. WhatsYourDeal, Otsego, MSUTrader and the list goes on and on. WhatsYourDeal operates under dozens of nic's.

Stay the course and this site will blow up.

GO BLUE!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Thank you very much for the insight!    Outsiders: Yay or Nay? (poll)  EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 8:35 pm

BoulderMBlue wrote:
This site will grow significantly based on a simple theme of sharing Michigan sports. It works great on Rivals. Allowing these trolls to participate will compromise that foundation. WhatsYourDeal, Otsego, MSUTrader and the list goes on and on. WhatsYourDeal operates under dozens of nic's.

Stay the course and this site will blow up.

GO BLUE!

That's definitely hard to argue with.
Back to top Go down
BoulderMBlue

BoulderMBlue

PostSubject: Huge Respect for your sight line   Outsiders: Yay or Nay? (poll)  EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 9:49 pm

Go Get'm. I'll pass along this site to many Michigan fans in Colorado
Back to top Go down
Wolverdog

Wolverdog

PostSubject: Re: Outsiders: Yay or Nay? (poll)    Outsiders: Yay or Nay? (poll)  EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 10:42 pm

Last edited by Wolverdog on Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: 17 votes....34 members....   Outsiders: Yay or Nay? (poll)  EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 10:03 am

We need your vote, folks.

Poll will close Sunday night.

'Dog, I think that could definitely be the way to go if we end up split-decision....which looks very, very possible at this point.

Great idea, thinks for the input.

Side Note: I'm glad no one has chosen C so far. I appreciate that, friends. lol!
Back to top Go down
sec8row74

sec8row74

PostSubject: You know where to find me on Fall Saturday afternoons   Outsiders: Yay or Nay? (poll)  EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 10:38 am

Admin wrote:
sec8row74 wrote:

I must admit, when I first saw your username, I thought you were a SEC guy....stupid me.

Very glad to have you here. Post as often or as little as you'd like...were just glad you're with us.

Go Blue!

Not to early to start thinking about starting a Forum tailgate get together.

Last edited by sec8row74 on Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:41 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: haha, yes we do! Long time holder?*   Outsiders: Yay or Nay? (poll)  EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 10:39 am

-
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: THERE WILL BE TAILGATES   Outsiders: Yay or Nay? (poll)  EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 10:57 am

Hey sec8, every once in a while I sit with my old retired dentist. We sit sec9row???? Can't remember the row number but I know you walk through the gate and go down 2 or 3 steps and you're there. Very nice easy access for bathroom or anyting else.
Back to top Go down
sec8row74

sec8row74

PostSubject: No   Outsiders: Yay or Nay? (poll)  EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 10:58 am

Admin wrote:
-

About 6 years now, first game as a holder was Appy State!!!
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: One Comment about this   Outsiders: Yay or Nay? (poll)  EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 11:01 am

I don't think ADMIN can stop them from joining if they find the site.

But ADMIN and MODERATORS can delete and ban them as soon as they are weeded out.

Is this a true statement ADMIN?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Oh ok!    Outsiders: Yay or Nay? (poll)  EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 11:06 am

sec8row74 wrote:
Admin wrote:
-

Minus the whole Appy thing...that's awesome. My father was on the list for years (before it was transformed into the donation/point system). We used to get those 3-game packages that all the people on the waiting list were offered. Nothing like having the same seats, but it was still nice to have 'dibs' on some tix before they hit the secondary market. I wish they still offered those (maybe they do).

Anyway, I'm a stubhub and craigslist freak for tix these days....and I must admit, it isn't too bad. I took the gf to 5 games this year, combo of home and away.

Western - Think I got a pair for about $112 (basically face).
ND - $500 for the pair (ouch. But well freaking worth it in the end to be there)
On the road at NW - she bought the tix for my bday....she has expensive taste, so I never even asked how much she paid.
On the road at UofI - Bought a pair of tix for $50 (awesome!!!!!!)
Ohio - Bought 3 for that game, taking my little brother up as his xmas present. He had never been to an Ohio game. Buying the odd quantity really hurt me price-wise. Think that was around $550 or so (still not terrible for The Game).

Either way, it was a great season to spend the money on. I've never been to that many in one season (3 was the most, with the packages or just scalping).

Once I get my business really running, I look forward to donating and hopefully landing season tix.
Back to top Go down
sec8row74

sec8row74

PostSubject: Just got Lucky!   Outsiders: Yay or Nay? (poll)  EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 11:12 am

Admin wrote:
sec8row74 wrote:
Admin wrote:
-

Minus the whole Appy thing...that's awesome. My father was on the list for years (before it was transformed into the donation/point system). We used to get those 3-game packages that all the people on the waiting list were offered. Nothing like having the same seats, but it was still nice to have 'dibs' on some tix before they hit the secondary market. I wish they still offered those (maybe they do).

Anyway, I'm a stubhub and craigslist freak for tix these days....and I must admit, it isn't too bad. I took the gf to 5 games this year, combo of home and away.

Western - Think I got a pair for about $112 (basically face).
ND - $500 for the pair (ouch. But well freaking worth it in the end to be there)
On the road at NW - she bought the tix for my bday....she has expensive taste, so I never even asked how much she paid.
On the road at UofI - Bought a pair of tix for $50 (awesome!!!!!!)
Ohio - Bought 3 for that game, taking my little brother up as his xmas present. He had never been to an Ohio game. Buying the odd quantity really hurt me price-wise. Think that was around $550 or so (still not terrible for The Game).

Either way, it was a great season to spend the money on. I've never been to that many in one season (3 was the most, with the packages or just scalping).

Once I get my business really running, I look forward to donating and hopefully landing season tix.

My wife is a teacher and one of her co-workers parents had tickets but were getting to old to go, he was not a fan and offered them to us!!!! I split them with another one of her co-workers while his two boys are at UM. I was at Western (have a daughter that is a freshman there so that was fun), ND, SDSU, and Neb.

I also started my own business recently. What is it that you do?

Last edited by sec8row74 on Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Don't no what I'm doing)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: All registrations are sent to me for approval*    Outsiders: Yay or Nay? (poll)  EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 11:38 am

THEstjoemfan wrote:
I don't think ADMIN can stop them from joining if they find the site.

But ADMIN and MODERATORS can delete and ban them as soon as they are weeded out.

Is this a true statement ADMIN?
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: Outsiders: Yay or Nay? (poll)    Outsiders: Yay or Nay? (poll)  EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 12:42 pm

still say that certain ones should be allowed .... we all know who they are ..... dicktressel , nchawk and cali are definites for me
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Well Hail, I am   Outsiders: Yay or Nay? (poll)  EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 1:32 pm

pretty certain if they show up and behave they would be welcome.

And I don't mean they have to bow to Michigan, just not get like (that forum down south!)

But I'm not sure we really want to go out "inviting" people.

I too wouldn't mind the 3 you mentioned plus Brutus and Talisman.

Mag150, greenbar, and even stamthebomb are ok if you don't get into tirades with them.

So anyways, let them find it and come.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Outsiders: Yay or Nay? (poll)    Outsiders: Yay or Nay? (poll)  Empty

Back to top Go down

Outsiders: Yay or Nay? (poll)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next