Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

College Gameday at UM this weekend

Go down 
+4
Admin
the artist formally known
joe
1umgoblue85
8 posters
AuthorMessage
1umgoblue85

1umgoblue85

College Gameday at UM this weekend Empty
PostSubject: College Gameday at UM this weekend   College Gameday at UM this weekend EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 9:52 am

we are hitting both hockey games and the bball game on Sat!

Go blue!!!!

joe

PostSubject: Re: College Gameday at UM this weekend   College Gameday at UM this weekend EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 10:04 am

Very cool! Sounds like a lot of fun!

the artist formally known

PostSubject: Re: College Gameday at UM this weekend   College Gameday at UM this weekend EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 10:06 am

wish I lived closer to AA. Only get therer about 1-2 a year

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: College Gameday at UM this weekend   College Gameday at UM this weekend EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 10:18 am

I'm jealous of 85...mainly because of the hockey.

1umgoblue85

1umgoblue85

PostSubject: Coming from Maryland...   College Gameday at UM this weekend EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 11:48 am

i hit all the football games, but only do the hockey/bball double once a winter.

Last edited by 1umgoblue85 on Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Yeah I looked on stub-hub   College Gameday at UM this weekend EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 12:35 pm

Admin wrote:
for that hockey game.

Don't quite remember but I think they started at about $90

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: College Gameday at UM this weekend   College Gameday at UM this weekend EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 1:22 pm

My wife and I celebrated Valentines Day last night and at our fancy schmancy dinner we talked about asking my mother-in-law to watch the boys so we can hit up our local UM satellite bar to watch the BB game.

On a side not my wife and brother-in-law are both Ferris State grads so she follows Ferris hockey instead of UM and with Ferris being #1 in the country right now she's all over that. I doubt I could get her to sit and watch both games.

WillieMfan

PostSubject: agreed**   College Gameday at UM this weekend EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 2:00 pm

I am not even sure I could sit through all that. It would be fun to try though.

Wear your maize! They just announced they want a maize out for the bb game. We'll see how many people can actually do it. I think we have to be one of the worst fan bases when it comes to showing up to a game in all one color.
Back to top Go down
1umgoblue85

1umgoblue85

PostSubject: Willie....   College Gameday at UM this weekend EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 9:01 pm

I expect a huge maize out. It will be a lot of fun! The fans had better be decked out! My 4 will be in maize the whole weekend!

Wolverdog

PostSubject: Re: College Gameday at UM this weekend   College Gameday at UM this weekend EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 9:16 pm

WillieMfan wrote:
I am not even sure I could sit through all that. It would be fun to try though.

Wear your maize! They just announced they want a maize out for the bb game. We'll see how many people can actually do it. I think we have to be one of the worst fan bases when it comes to showing up to a game in all one color.

We as a fan base have been getting much better about it when the weather is warm, football-wise. Yellow or maize is just not a popular color for winter wear! I've said it before, but the athletic department should give away (or sell cheaper) XXL and XXXL student t-shirts to wear over our winter gear.

1umgoblue85

PostSubject: Very good point Dog   College Gameday at UM this weekend EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 9:58 pm

The yellow poms have been a big hit too. I didn't expect to see that many adults use them, but it looks great on TV!

Wolverdog

PostSubject: Re: College Gameday at UM this weekend   College Gameday at UM this weekend EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 10:14 pm

The poms are cool, and surprisingly fun, especially for Seven Nation Army!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3MwltgsxN8

1umgoblue85

PostSubject: Yes they are and man that game was fun!   College Gameday at UM this weekend EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 10:56 pm

I liked these poms under darkness to 7 nation army!

Chills!!!

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: College Gameday at UM this weekend   College Gameday at UM this weekend EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 11:09 pm

THEstjoemfan wrote:
Admin wrote:
for that hockey game.

Don't quite remember but I think they started at about $90

Oh God Rolling Eyes , you've gotta know where to go.

For big games $90 for 2 seats is steep even. But for crying out lous they are playing Northern! Do not ever buy tickets from the UMATO. You will always pay face value (well if you can get sparty, notre dame, or other large school WITH a good program but them from the Ticket office). I've NEVER paid more than $20 for a Hockey ticket, and that's not even face value. Of course I was on a first name basis with many of the scalpers. I normally pay $10 a game ($20 for sparty games). Even when tickets are going on the street for $60, I only pay $10-$20....

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: College Gameday at UM this weekend   College Gameday at UM this weekend EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 1:39 pm

WillieMfan wrote:
...They just announced they want a maize out for the bb game...

I will be sure to wear my maize HAIL t-shirt.

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: College Gameday at UM this weekend   College Gameday at UM this weekend EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 7:23 pm

I'm interested to see how this turns out. I know that there are some passionate bouncey-ball fans out there but bouncey-ball IS NOT football. People don't pre-game for bouncey-ball games.

I just hope that we don't get embarrasd. I pray that we have a lot of college kids there and not just Max with 20 past Alumni...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Absolutely...   College Gameday at UM this weekend EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 1:31 pm

Wolverdog wrote:

I have no idea how much they're spending on arming 100,000 people with those poms, but they are badass.

As stupid as it seems, I think it has people more 'unified' in the stadium. Maybe that doesn't make sense. Either way, it works. And it looks great.

BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: College Gameday at UM this weekend   College Gameday at UM this weekend EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 2:27 pm

Admin wrote:
Wolverdog wrote:

I have no idea how much they're spending on arming 100,000 people with those poms, but they are badass.

As stupid as it seems, I think it has people more 'unified' in the stadium. Maybe that doesn't make sense. Either way, it works. And it looks great.

Nothing. You have noticed the logo on them? Some company buys 100,000 of those things and has their logo put on the handle. It's advertising, but not in the form of signs though thus it's allowed in Michigan Stadium. UM also gets a minimal amount of money I'm sure, or product. Most likely, the company that buys the pom pons is already a supplier or advertiser within th University.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: College Gameday at UM this weekend   College Gameday at UM this weekend Empty

Back to top Go down

College Gameday at UM this weekend
Page 1 of 1