Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OT - OSU and IU losing some players

Go down 
+5
hailtoyourvictor
rasputin
the artist formally known
sandyeggo_blue
jjabilene
9 posters
AuthorMessage
jjabilene

OT - OSU and IU losing some players Empty
PostSubject: OT - OSU and IU losing some players   OT - OSU and IU losing some players EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 9:33 pm

Ross and Vonleh leaving early. IU has also lost Hollowell and Austin something or nother to transfer. I can see OSU bouncing back pretty quickly, but I think Crean's days are numbered at IU. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: OT - OSU and IU losing some players   OT - OSU and IU losing some players EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 9:41 pm

O$U lost Della Valle also (you know, the guy that looks like a creepy child molester)

the artist formally known

PostSubject: Re: OT - OSU and IU losing some players   OT - OSU and IU losing some players EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 9:49 pm

Just the beginning of player declaring, I was looking at NBA mock drafts, I see alot of B1G name listed, sime do not have Robinson in the 1st round all have Stauskas going anywhere from 11th to 18th , None mention McGary yet. For MSU the only major name is Harris none mention Dawson

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: OT - OSU and IU losing some players   OT - OSU and IU losing some players EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 9:58 pm

Payne?

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: OT - OSU and IU losing some players   OT - OSU and IU losing some players EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 9:59 pm

Also just thought I'd add that they have until Apr 24th to declare so it's going to be a long couple of weeks after our next four games.

rasputin

PostSubject: Re: OT - OSU and IU losing some players   OT - OSU and IU losing some players EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 12:56 am

Both those teams can eat shit. The coaches, too.

And Michigan ruled the West.”
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: OT - OSU and IU losing some players   OT - OSU and IU losing some players EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 1:26 am

Indiana:
Noah Vonleh (draft)
Will Sheehey (graduation)
Austin Etherington (transfer)
Jeremy Hollowell (transfer)

Ohio St.:
Aaron Craft (graduation)
Laquinton Ross (draft)
Lenzell Smith. Jr. (graduation)
Armando Della Valle (leaving to play professionally in europe)

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: OT - OSU and IU losing some players   OT - OSU and IU losing some players EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 6:47 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
O$U lost Della Valle also (you know, the guy that looks like a creepy child molester)

I thought he looked like Sideshow Bob.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: OT - OSU and IU losing some players   OT - OSU and IU losing some players EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 6:49 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Payne?

He is not an underclassmen.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: OT - OSU and IU losing some players   OT - OSU and IU losing some players EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 7:41 am

jjabilene wrote:
Ross and Vonleh leaving early. IU has also lost Hollowell and Austin something or nother to transfer. I can see OSU bouncing back pretty quickly, but I think Crean's days are numbered at IU. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

JAb, I fully agree with that sentiment (especially the last part!), but am not so sure about that one.  OSU could be headed for a lengthy stretch of just-above-mediocrity, IMO. Not sure what I base that on, but perhaps it's seeing how far their offense fell this past season, once Sullinger left.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: OT - OSU and IU losing some players   OT - OSU and IU losing some players EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 11:54 am

My brother and I talked a bit about this last night on the phone (all giddy like two 13 year old school girls).

I had to remind him that this same thing happened to UM exactly two years and four days ago today.

We lost Smotrycz, Christian and Brundidge all at once.

They all decided to leave the UM bball program and continue their careers elsewhere. That move opened up three scholarship spots for the 2012-2013 class of which we were able to sign Caris LeVert, Spike Albrecht, Mitch McGary, Nick Stauskas and Glenn Robinson III.

I remember being so high on Brundidge and I was bummed when he left. What sucked even more was that we were losing Smotrycz's experience as well. I really thought Trey was going to bolt for the NBA and we would be stuck with only TH Jr to pick up the pieces for our team. Next thing you know Trey comes back, McGary becomes a man-child in the tourney and we finish runner up last year.

More important though is that moemntum carried over to this year on the court and in recruiting. If nothing else, kids are at least giving serious looks at UM.

Yes the future seems bright and you have to believe that it's partly because of those three guys that decided not to stay.

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OT - OSU and IU losing some players   OT - OSU and IU losing some players EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 12:52 pm

Indiana is seeing a mass exodus from it's benchwarmers as well...the guys who wear the jersey for pride and don't expect to play a single second.

That, right there, signals a serious culture problem.

As an IU alum (and someone who covered Tom Crean very closely his first two years in Bloomington), it's time to make a change.

dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: OT - OSU and IU losing some players   OT - OSU and IU losing some players EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 1:20 pm

The lazy man wonders what happened to Somtrycz, Chirstian, and Brundigde at their new schools...
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: OT - OSU and IU losing some players   OT - OSU and IU losing some players EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 1:54 pm

dwoody wrote:
The lazy man wonders what happened to Somtrycz, Chirstian, and Brundigde at their new schools...

Well, I know Smotrycz averaged 11 or 12 points a game this year for Maryland. Not sure about the other two. Heck, I don't even know who Christian is.
Back to top Go down
jjabilene

PostSubject: Re: OT - OSU and IU losing some players   OT - OSU and IU losing some players EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 6:22 pm

dwoody wrote:

I checked Brundidge's stats about a month ago. Looks like he plays about 20 mpg, but has terrible shooting percentages and a terrible a/to ratio. I guess his game didn't translate to the college level. Shame, but it happens.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OT - OSU and IU losing some players   OT - OSU and IU losing some players Empty

Back to top Go down

OT - OSU and IU losing some players
Page 1 of 1