Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Devin Funchess

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Devin Funchess Empty
PostSubject: Devin Funchess   Devin Funchess EmptyMon Apr 07, 2014 9:56 am

I just don't see him as a top WR in the B1G. He is a tweener between WR/TE. He doesn't have great speed, but he does have size. He drops a lot of passes. I think Gallon really helped open things up for him.

I've got my hopes pinned to Canteen and Darboh.

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2014/04/devin_funchess_charles_woodson.html
Back to top Go down
michmike

Devin Funchess Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devin Funchess   Devin Funchess EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 11:19 am

Oh, I too have BIG hopes for Canteen (with all the glittering press clippings from spring camp, who wouldn't?), and certainly hope Amara's 100% healed come fall.

But to a man, I think our offense overall will be considerably undermined if Funchess ISN'T an integral part of itl. None of the others has his size, and it enables Coach Nuss to "pick on" given players on opposing teams depending on their forte (speed, height, toughness, etc.) with the appropriate guys from our WR corps. (E.g., put Funchess on a 5-10 corner; Darboh/Canteen on a 6-2 guy without blazing speed; etc.)

Fish, this is going WAY back, but remember the 1999 game at Penn State? The "Tom Brady 'limps' off hurt" game?  (M 31, PSU 27, I think).  But my point: when I read their roster, and saw the four guys they had to cover 6-4 (and hoops player!) Tai Streets were 5-7,5-8,5-9 andf 5-9, I figured his eyes were as big as Nittany Valley!!  Alley-Oop city...
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Devin Funchess Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devin Funchess   Devin Funchess EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 12:20 pm

michmike wrote:
Oh, I too have BIG hopes for Canteen (with all the glittering press clippings from spring camp, who wouldn't?), and certainly hope Amara's 100% healed come fall.

But to a man, I think our offense overall will be considerably undermined if Funchess ISN'T an integral part of itl. None of the others has his size, and it enables Coach Nuss to "pick on" given players on opposing teams depending on their forte (speed, height, toughness, etc.) with the appropriate guys from our WR corps. (E.g., put Funchess on a 5-10 corner; Darboh/Canteen on a 6-2 guy without blazing speed; etc.)

Fish, this is going WAY back, but remember the 1999 game at Penn State? The "Tom Brady 'limps' off hurt" game?  (M 31, PSU 27, I think).  But my point: when I read their roster, and saw the four guys they had to cover 6-4 (and hoops player!) Tai Streets were 5-7,5-8,5-9 andf 5-9, I figured his eyes were as big as Nittany Valley!!  Alley-Oop city...

nittany valley? isn't it happy valley?  Very Happy 

I agree that Funchess should be a big part of the teams offensive pacakges. his size and athleticism demand attention and that should pull off an opposing team's #1 or #2 corner allowing others (Darboh, Chesson) to pick on the smaller opposing CBs.

Now imagine when we get 6'6" Jake Booty back.

I think our Oline play has diverted way too much attention away from the fact that we have more talent on O than most teams can deal with. We are absolutely loaded with skill players. Too bad it all starts with the O line play.

Devin Funchess Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devin Funchess   Devin Funchess EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 12:44 pm

Geographically, it's NITTANY Valley, Sandy. I get your drift, though.

And I'm on your same page: for all the gloom and doom prognosticated for our offense due to the O-line struggles (last season and this past spring), given the talent levels of our skill players (and the sheer numbers of them), our O-line does not have to show dramatic improvement. If it improves only, say, to the "slightly-below-average" level (which I know is way sub-par for Michigan), it should be enough.

Of course, given their press clippings as recruits, that is a level considerably below what one could consider "acceptable" for them. If they were to improve to, say "above average" level, our offense could be flat-out devastating.

Still, as we all know too well, you don't win games playing "IF"...
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Devin Funchess Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devin Funchess   Devin Funchess EmptyWed Apr 09, 2014 12:54 pm

I hope he has a big impact. I'm not sure he will. Look, last year he was a surprise to defenses when he split out. They will game plan for him now. I just don't think he will be consistant enough to be great.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Devin Funchess Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devin Funchess   Devin Funchess Empty

Back to top Go down

Devin Funchess
Page 1 of 1