Members, please sign in.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

2016 recruiting

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Bo 2.0

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:08 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
not a surprise but Reese just decommitted.

Hey, I posted about that already!

THOSE WHO STAY...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:22 am

Oh I see it in another thread.

but you said it can't be good...

if you have been reading my class predictions and all of my updates for the last few months I've had reese off of the list (even though he was still committed). It has been well known, and I have posted, that he wants to EE and harbaugh won't let him. the schools that he has visited lately will let him. the writing has been on the wall. even given our need for LBs this is not a big deal.

Bo 2.0

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:56 am

I knew the EE part but our lack of depth at LB is concerning (to me anyway). I fully trust Coach Harbaugh though. I do have to wonder why Coach Harbaugh won't let him EE? As of now, who is an EE?

THOSE WHO STAY...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:16 am

that I know off of the top of my head are peters, mitchell, davis and walker

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:55 am

OK, why would you not let a kid EE when you're letting others? Is there a limit for EE's? Would be nice if they would explain that in the article.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bo 2.0

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:12 am

MGOBLUEBC wrote:
OK, why would you not let a kid EE when you're letting others? Is there a limit for EE's? Would be nice if they would explain that in the article.

Yes, I believe 7 (I could be wrong though).

THOSE WHO STAY...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:47 am

MGOBLUEBC wrote:

In this case there are kids in his position that are much bigger targets so they weren't sure how that would affect the numbers at the position so they didn't want to let him in the class until they knew their numbers after NSD.

also, there has been concern from the reese camp regarding his position in college. Harbaugh wants him at FB (with a promised shot to play LB). Reese wanted no part of that. he wants to play LB.

is he a good recruit... yes. but is he the type of LB the staff is looking for... no. they have been honest with him the entire process. this has been a long time coming.

one thing we need to remember moving forward... harbaugh's strategy is to recruit kids (athletes) and play them where they fit best at the next level. reese/viramontes are prime examples of kids that may have their heart set on a position and it just wont' work at MICHIGAN. we will continue to see these situations in future classes. Like hoke's no visit policy, it's just one of those things we will have to work with under harbaugh.

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:01 am

TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
MGOBLUEBC wrote:

Yes, I believe 7 (I could be wrong though).

yep you're wrong Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

you can have as many EEs as you can fit. meaning.... you are limited to having 85 scholarship players on the roster during spring.

don't forget that MICHIGAN held on to 3 scholarships this year because of guys that left so those are potential EE spots also.

EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:02 am

What is an EE? Forgive me for not researching it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheBigHouse

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:04 am

EE is Early Enrollment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:37 am

Gotcha. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:00 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
MGOBLUEBC wrote:

In this case there are kids in his position that are much bigger targets so they weren't sure how that would affect the numbers at the position so they didn't want to let him in the class until they knew their numbers after NSD.

also, there has been concern from the reese camp regarding his position in college. Harbaugh wants him at FB (with a promised shot to play LB). Reese wanted no part of that. he wants to play LB.

is he a good recruit... yes. but is he the type of LB the staff is looking for... no. they have been honest with him the entire process. this has been a long time coming.

one thing we need to remember moving forward... harbaugh's strategy is to recruit kids (athletes) and play them where they fit best at the next level. reese/viramontes are prime examples of kids that may have their heart set on a position and it just wont' work at MICHIGAN. we will continue to see these situations in future classes. Like hoke's no visit policy, it's just one of those things we will have to work with under harbaugh.

Thanks for the explanation, sandy. That is the first time I've ever heard of not letting kids enroll early. I did not know they had to be "approved", basically.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:09 pm

walker sets commit date. 12/17.

so bush jr on the 16th then walker on the 17th. next week could be a VERY nice week for MICHIGAN.

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:42 pm

Terrance Davis just picked up a CB to Maryland from a Maryland insider. hmmmmm. scratch scratch

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:03 pm

not sure where to post this so I'll put it here.

1. we all know Bush Jr will decide on a school next week.

2. his list is essentially down to three, Auburn/MICHIGAN/flor st.

3. auburn is thought to be an "also ran" because DBJ just didn't like it there. it was reported that he liked muschamp though.

4. that left most thinking it's essentially a MICHIGAN/fsu battle.

auburn is now about to hire FSU's DC Charles Kelly. I think this is one more reason that Bush Jr will pick MICHIGAN next week.

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:28 pm

We are coming up on a no contact period in recruiting. A lot of moves are being made. Here is my UPDATED 2016 recruit list

5* DT Rashan Gary 6-4 290lbs Paramus Catholic (Paramus, NJ)
4* DT Jordan Elliot 6-4 305lbs Westside (Houston, TX) - Committed
4* SDE Ron Johnson 6-4 240lbs Camden (Camden, NJ) - Committed
4* WDE Connor Murphy 6-7 250lbs Brophy College Preparatory (Phoenix, AZ)
4* WDE/BUCK Carlo Kemp 6-3 255lbs Fairview (Boulder, CO) - Committed
2* SDE Rashad Weaver 6-5 245lbs Cooper City (Fort Lauderdale, FL) - Committed

4* ILB Devin Bush JR 5-11 226lbs Charles W Flanagan (Hollywood, FL)
3* ILB Dytarious Johnson 6-1 205lbs Prattville (Prattville, AL) - Committed
3* OLB Jonathan Jones 6-1 220lbs Oak Ridge (Orlando, FL)

5* OT Ben Bredeson 6-5 293lbs Arrowhead (Hartland, WI) - Committed
4* OT Erik Swenson 6-7 285lbs Downers Grove South (Downers Grove, IL) - Committed
4* OG Michael Onwenu 6-3 365lbs Cass Technical (Detroit, MI) - Committed
4* OT Jean Delance 6-5 291lbs North Mesquite (Mesquite, TX)
4* OT Devery Hamilton 6-6 290lbs Gilman (Baltimore, MD) - Committed

4* ATH Ahmir Mitchell 6-3 206lbs Cedar Creek (Egg Harbor City, NJ) - Committed
4* WR Brad Hawkins 6-1 202lbs Camden (Camden, NJ) - Committed
4* APB Chris Evans 5-11 186lbs Ben Davis (Indianapolis, IN) - Committed
3* TE Sean McKeon 6-5 230lbs Shepherd Hill (Dudley, MA) - Committed
3* WR Pie Young 5'11 175lbs Miami Senior (Miami, FL)

4* PRO Brandon Peters 6-5 205lbs Avon (Avon, IN) - Committed

4* CB Lavert Hill 5-10 166lbs King (Detroit, MI)
3* CB Sir Patrick Scott 6-1 175lbs Riverdale Baptist School (Upper Marlboro, MD) - Committed
3* CB Antwaine Richardson 6-0 165lbs Atlantic (Delray Beach, FL) - Committed
3* S Devin Gil 6-1 205lbs Charles W Flanagan (Hollywood, FL) - Committed
2* S Josh Metellus 6-0 187lbs Charles W Flanagan (Hollywood, FL) - Committed

5* RB Kareem Walker 6-1 190lbs De Paul Catholic (Wayne, NJ)
3* RB Kiante Enis 6-1 200lbs Winchester Community Sch (Winchester, IN) - Committed
3* FB Kingston Davis 6-1 225lbs Prattville (Prattville, AL) - Committed

3* K Quinn Nordin 6-1 200lbs Rockford (Rockford, MI)

1) Gary is still trending well. He will visit again just before NSD with his family. At this point I can't see any scenario that Gary isn't in the class

2) After finally putting Keyshawn Camp on the board on my last update, I am taking him right back off. He seemed like a like lock to decommit from USC but instead he re-affirmed.

3) As stated in my last update, Jordan Elliot was a DT to watch after he named MICHIGAN his leader, and now he's committed. He's on the board.

4) Again, I'm keeping Connor Murphy on the list and with a recent Jay Harbaugh visit he's looking like a real possibility

5) Devin Bush Jr stays on the board. He's trending REALLY well. I expect him to commit next Wednesday.

6) Jonathan Jones is still on my board (as he always has been) but he's gonna drag this out and make me sweat.

7) I'm close to putting Dontavious Jackson on the board but I really have no clue how the LBs are going to shake out. He's a guy to watch.

8 ) Jean Delance stays on the board. It's still MICHIGAN and Texas. Terrance Davis is still a safer bet but I have a gut feeling with Delance so he's stays on the board. Again, this is situation where I'm not sure if they would take both. There may not be room to take both.

9) I've taken 4* Cali WR Dylan Crawford off the board. I think he ends up at Oregon. I'm not replacing him with anyone however, an offer just went out to 4* WR Nate Johnson.

10) I am still not ready to put Mathis or Nauta on my board at TE. Florida might lead for Mathis but it looks like he's not a take for them.  Ole Miss is name that I'm hearing for Mathis. I still think that Nauta picks Georgia.

11) Pie Young still seems like a lock.

12) Sadly I have taken Vic Viramontes off the  board. I hope he comes to his senses and recommits.

13) As expected Lavert Hill decommitted from PSU. MICHIGAN is still in great position here but sparty is not completely out of it.  

14) At this point I don't know what to do with David Long so I'm taking him off the board. There is word that his commitment to Stanford is "butter soft". I don't know enough to have my own opinion but 247 feels really good about him right now.

15) Kareem Walker set a commit date or 12/16. I still like UM's chances here. He will be an EE so I just don't think the other schools have time to make up that ground. At this point I predict Walker to MICHIGAN.

16) I still think UM is trying to flip Quinn Nordin from PSU and it looks like it's just a matter of time. The twist is that it is being reported that he has been asked/told that he will grey shirt and he seems to be OK with it.

That makes 29 recruits on my board (with on being a grey shirt) and I still believe 28 is the max UM would take this year. So the numbers are starting to look better.

Last edited by sandyeggo_blue on Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:56 pm

That is a LOT of work Eggo and I sure do appreciate what you do to keep us in the know!!!!

Go Blue!! Smile

View user profile
fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:04 pm

Seems the VV decommit was a surprise, but it also seems like UM isn't working to hard to get him back.

http://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/webb-viramontes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:00 pm

now that sam talked about it on his podcast....

what happened was someone in Vic's crew (specifically, one of his trainers) told him a flat out lie that MICHIGAN would not let him play QB. Again, that was a flat out lie. it is also looking like this trainer may have some stake in getting him to NOT sign with UM but those are unverified rumors at this point.

after VV's surprise decommit (and the entire staff was caught off guard) harbaugh reached out and told him that what he was told was untrue. in fact, apparently harbaugh had initially recruited him to play LB but really liked the growth at QB he saw from VV this year. Harbaugh was 100% willing to let him try to play QB. I have read that, if nothing else, harbaugh could utilize him in red zone packages because VV brings a lot of options to the table in those situations.

anyway, as soon as he decommitted CAL offered. Now, is that a coincidence? I don't know. but this certain trainer is also said to have recruiting ties to CAL so TIFWIW. that is also unverified at this point.

but make no mistake, VV is exactly the type of guy we need to sign. I doubt MICHIGAN is sitting back and saying "oh well. we lost one". Vic's de-commit put a lot of holes into the staff's recruiting picture because he was if nothing else a fall back guy for a lot of spots since he was projected at 4 spots I think (QB, LB, FB, S)

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:47 pm

http://michigan.247sports.com/Bolt/Top-100-prospects-visit-will-be-key-41913314

24/7 article about Delance visit this weekend.

Go Blue!!   Smile

View user profile
sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:29 pm

figures.... the day after I take Long off my board he cancels his UW visit.

the consensus is that even if Long gets into stanford (acceptance letter to come out mid december) he still won't go there. Washington was always the school to watch out for and now he's cancelled his OV. sooooo scratch scratch scratch

I just read that UCLA could be a team to watch out for.

I think hiring lance anderson as DC might help sway him to MICHIGAN but it's a gut feeling. I have no credible info on that.

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:34 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:28 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:

9) I've taken 4* Cali WR Dylan Crawford off the board. I think he ends up at Oregon. I'm not replacing him with anyone however, an offer just went out to 4* WR Nate Johnson.

that didn't take long. i think crawford and mcdoom are definitely out. Pie might pick miami now. I hate this. pie is going to be really really good.

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:52 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
sandyeggo_blue wrote:

that didn't take long. i think crawford and mcdoom are definitely out. Pie might pick miami now. I hate this. pie is going to be really really good.

So you are not happy about the Johnson commit?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:02 pm

I've watched his tape twice now. I can see why they like him. he's good. I advise you watch his hudl highlights.

I can definitely see him playing special teams KR/PR.

I'm still a big Pie fan and will remain so. I would still rather have Pie but I think johnson is a good pickup.

btw that makes makes three johnsons in the class. not sure why that sticks out to me.

Bo 2.0

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:29 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
btw that makes  makes three johnsons in the class. not sure why that sticks out to me.

Oooooohhhhh there's a phallic joke in there just begging to come out but I'll be good.

THOSE WHO STAY...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MichiganFootball13

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:04 pm

Another team in one of my fantasy football leagues had 5 Johnson's on their team
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bo 2.0

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:43 am

MichiganFootball13 wrote:
Another team in one of my fantasy football leagues had 5 Johnson's on their team

I think Guinness might be interested in that.

THOSE WHO STAY...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dwoody

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:27 am

'Eggo, what do you know about new WR commit Jeremiah Holloman?
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:25 pm

dwoody wrote:
'Eggo, what do you know about new WR commit Jeremiah Holloman?

he is a 2017 kid. he's teammates with fellow 2017 RB commit Kurt Taylor. he visited for the game but that's all I know. haven't watched his film yet but his size is intriguing. 6'3" nearly 200lbs and he's only a JR. put another inch and 10-15lbs on him and he could give MICHIGAN a real favorable matchup on a smaller DB.

I didn't even know he had been offered then when I read up on it I found that he was offered last night and committed today.  he was actually on his way back from a Northwestern visit and stopped into AA.

The real thing to take away from this is that he's a georgia kid. I've said it before and I'll stand by my comment that no school let's more instate talent get out of the boarders than georgia. I think it's arguably a perennial top 3 talent producing state but power programs seem to pick it dry year after year. if UGA could keep those kids in state it would be a monster program. IMO JH has now started to establish ground in 3 of my top 5 areas for recruiting (NJ, FL and now GA).

I'm going to find the 2017 recruiting thread and post something about the kid when I get a chance.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2016 recruiting   

Back to top Go down

2016 recruiting
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 14 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: MICHIGAN FOOTBALL :: MICHIGAN FOOTBALL FORUM-
Jump to: