Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hoke names #1 back....for now!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

Hoke names #1 back....for now! Empty
PostSubject: Hoke names #1 back....for now!   Hoke names #1 back....for now! EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 1:27 pm

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2014/07/brady_hoke_says_deveon_smith_w.html

Not surprised at all, but still hope that Johnson is 100% when fall practice starts NEXT week!! Smile

Thoughts?

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Hoke names #1 back....for now!   Hoke names #1 back....for now! EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 3:55 pm

Not surprised. I thought it was a 50/50 coinflip between Green and Smith for the #1 RB spot.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Hoke names #1 back....for now!   Hoke names #1 back....for now! EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 6:04 pm

Just about anybody would be better than last year's! I know that pisses some, but Fitz never showed much except for part of his soph season, even allowing for that shitty o-line.
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Hoke names #1 back....for now!   Hoke names #1 back....for now! EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 6:23 pm

dwoody wrote:
Just about anybody would be better than last year's! I know that pisses some, but Fitz never showed much except for part of his soph season, even allowing for that shitty o-line.

+2

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Hoke names #1 back....for now!   Hoke names #1 back....for now! EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 11:48 pm

FYI, other articles point to what I was saying in the other thread. Green and Smith will be competing for 1st and 2nd down carries while the primary 3rd down back will be Hayes.

I also see Green or Smith in on 3rd or 4th and short with Hayes also being in on 2nd and long.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Hoke names #1 back....for now!   Hoke names #1 back....for now! EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 4:29 pm

GOBLUEJOE66 wrote:
dwoody wrote:

+2

Go Blue!!   Smile

Let it go on Fitz.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Hoke names #1 back....for now!   Hoke names #1 back....for now! EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 10:00 pm

Sorry! I just can't help myself. All sizzle, no steak.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Hoke names #1 back....for now!   Hoke names #1 back....for now! EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 2:37 am

dwoody wrote:
...All sizzle, no steak...

one of my favorite sayings  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Hoke names #1 back....for now!   Hoke names #1 back....for now! EmptyThu Jul 31, 2014 11:57 am

Fitz was not a superstar, but behind a Mich line like those we came to expect in the 70's, 80's 90s' and first half of the 2000's he would have run for 1200 yd @5 yd a carry, he was good enough. He still did have a fine year in 2010 back when we had multiple offensive threats.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Hoke names #1 back....for now!   Hoke names #1 back....for now! EmptyWed Aug 13, 2014 3:11 pm

Q and A from Nuss on Green

What have you seen out of Derrick Green in that mix?

“I think Derrick’s done an outstanding job as far as he’s gotten his weight down. He looks really, really good as far as his footwork, his timing, those types of things. He’s still learning the protections but really happy with the growth he’s made. He just needs to take that next step.”

Reading between the lines, he's still having trouble blocking and isn't there yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hoke names #1 back....for now!   Hoke names #1 back....for now! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hoke names #1 back....for now!
Page 1 of 1