Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Delano Hill broken jaw.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Delano Hill broken jaw. Empty
PostSubject: Delano Hill broken jaw.   Delano Hill broken jaw. EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 4:53 am

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2014/08/michigan_safety_delano_hill_ou.html
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Delano Hill broken jaw.   Delano Hill broken jaw. EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 6:06 am

I had a broken jaw once from a car accident. It sucked.

Not only will Delano be behind the curve a bit but a broken jaw always = weight loss. So Delano will have to work on that also before he can get back. I drank about three of those carb filled Ensure shakes a day along with eating my meals through a straw and I still lost about 15lbs during the eight weeks my jaw was wired shut.

My guess is Dymonte gets a ton of good playing time.

Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Delano Hill broken jaw.   Delano Hill broken jaw. EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 8:17 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
I had a broken jaw once from a car accident. It sucked.

Not only will Delano be behind the curve a bit but a broken jaw always = weight loss. So Delano will have to work on that also before he can get back. I drank about three of those carb filled Ensure shakes a day along with eating my meals through a straw and I still lost about 15lbs during the eight weeks my jaw was wired shut.

My guess is Dymonte gets a ton of good playing time.

Yeah, I broke my jaw in a dirt bike accident as a kid. I lost a ton of weight, but it was good, because I was a bit fat at that age. Then when I was able to eat again, I couldn't keep food down because my stomach wasn't ready for the change. I'm quite a bit older than you, so we didn't have protien/carb shakes then, so I at liquified vegies and milk shakes. My mom made me drink spinich and green beans that she would make in the blender with chicken broth. Horrible.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Delano Hill broken jaw.   Delano Hill broken jaw. EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 10:18 am

Gotta love those spinach and green bean shakes. Your mom meant well.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Delano Hill broken jaw.   Delano Hill broken jaw. EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 11:13 am

wshoes wrote:
Gotta love those spinach and green bean shakes. Your mom meant well.

Yeah, this was in like 1979 or 1980.  We lived out in the middle of no where in an old farm house, so we did a lot of dirt biking and snowmobiling.  My mom only made two trips to the grocery store a month.  So if we didn't have it, you didn't need it.  So she wasn't going to go get any fancy healthy shakes. Especially in the spring when the dirt road we lived on would wash out and we had to park the car about 1/2 mile away from the house because she didn't want to get stuck.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Delano Hill broken jaw.   Delano Hill broken jaw. EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 8:00 pm

So Fish do you see weight loss being a definite issue here?

I didn't have access to a strength and conditioning program like DH does but I'll bet when he comes back he'll be much lighter. That does not necessarily bode all that well for a SS.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Delano Hill broken jaw.   Delano Hill broken jaw. EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 7:25 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
So Fish do you see weight loss being a definite issue here?

I didn't have access to a strength and conditioning program like DH does but I'll bet when he comes back he'll be much lighter. That does not necessarily bode all that well for a SS.

That is a big concern. But, he does have access the the S&C at UM, so I'm sure they will do what they can to keep his weight where it needs to be. But if his jaw is wired shut, I don't see how he keeps the weight on. Diet and exercise are the key, and if you take the diet out, it hurts.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Delano Hill broken jaw.   Delano Hill broken jaw. EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 8:36 am

He can do what the football coach at my HS told some of the skinnier players on the team- drink beer. At least that's what they told me he told them.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Delano Hill broken jaw.   Delano Hill broken jaw. EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 10:20 pm

In a world with protein shakes and weight gainer I have to think he can maintain weight for the most part. Sounds like he is still working out. I am sure there will be so e drop off but hopefully minimal. I am more concerned about the loss of practice time. Let's hope for the best.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Delano Hill broken jaw.   Delano Hill broken jaw. Empty

Back to top Go down

Delano Hill broken jaw.
Page 1 of 1