Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I hate that there is a playoff this year

Go down 
+2
the artist formally known
fishgoblue22
6 posters
AuthorMessage
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

I hate that there is a playoff this year Empty
PostSubject: I hate that there is a playoff this year   I hate that there is a playoff this year EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 8:41 am

I know that I'm in the minority on this. But it is predetermined that the SEC will get two teams into the playoff. We already know this, because the SEC is just sooooo much better than everyone else. (sarcasm).

When the SEC gets two in and the B1G champ is left out, no matter who it is, I will be pissed. Starting this thing with 4 teams was the dumbest thing ever thought up. Should have started with 8. Five power confernce champs and three at large/wild cards.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/dennis-dodd/24650021/college-football-playoff-a-closer-look-at-what-it-really-means
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I hate that there is a playoff this year   I hate that there is a playoff this year EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 9:27 am

Listen to some of the talkin heads on the radio, They pick the BIG as the 5th best conference in the NCAA. they rate SEC, PAC 12, BIG 12, ACC, then BIG10 , I think not . They say a 1 loss SEC and a PAC 12 would be better than BIG 1 loss team , they say the schedule for the BIG teams is for sissy.

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: I hate that there is a playoff this year   I hate that there is a playoff this year EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 9:31 am

I'm sorry but with Michigan on the decline the B1G is not very good. It's OSU and MSU and everyone else is just playing for 3rd...RIGHT NOW. Let's hope that changes.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: I hate that there is a playoff this year   I hate that there is a playoff this year EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 9:45 am

MgoBlue wrote:
I'm sorry but with Michigan on the decline the B1G is not very good.  It's OSU and MSU and everyone else is just playing for 3rd...RIGHT NOW.  Let's hope that changes.  

That isn't the point. What if MSU or OSU wins the confernce and is left out of the playoff for an SEC team that didn't even make confernce championship game? That is a shame.
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: I hate that there is a playoff this year   I hate that there is a playoff this year EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 10:22 am

I am not arguing that. My post was in response to Artist post about B1G's ranking.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: I hate that there is a playoff this year   I hate that there is a playoff this year EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 10:23 am

Well the BT champs have a better chance in a 4 teamer than a 2 teamer. Hope it evolves to 8 or 12 teams (with a bye round) eventually. We'll always have a debate as to 4th vs 5th, 8th vs 9th etc. just think a team that is 9th or 13th, doesn't have that big of an argument.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: I hate that there is a playoff this year   I hate that there is a playoff this year EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 12:36 pm

MgoBlue wrote:
I'm sorry but with Michigan on the decline the B1G is not very good.  It's OSU and MSU and everyone else is just playing for 3rd...RIGHT NOW.  Let's hope that changes.  

1. Wisconsin is every bit in that top 3 with Ohio St. and Michigan St. Did you forget that up until last year, they won 3 straight Big Ten Championships?

2. The Big Ten > the ACC. Aside from winning the National Championship last season, the ACC isn't impressive. Michigan St. trumps Clemson pretty decisively. Wisconsin is easily a step above whoever the #3 team in the ACC is.
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: I hate that there is a playoff this year   I hate that there is a playoff this year EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 12:52 pm

1. Did you forget Wisconsin is in a bit of a transition phase? I don't think anyone knows where or what Wisconsin is. Let's wait a year or two before we crown them in the upper echelon. LSU should tell us where they are vs. the big boys.

2. It's always fun when your argument involves your own personal opinion of who would win in a head to head match up. Nice job blowing off last years NC. "Aside from winning the NC" when was the last time anyone in the B1G won the NC????

Sorry but until the B1G proves otherwise they are #3 or #4 IMO. We need to stop living in the past.
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: I hate that there is a playoff this year   I hate that there is a playoff this year EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 1:02 pm

Hail-With all due respect to your personal ACC-B1G tournament you held in your head. The numbers don't lie.

http://m.startribune.com/?id=238330141

Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: I hate that there is a playoff this year   I hate that there is a playoff this year EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 4:02 pm

I agree that the Big Ten is probably 4th best behind:
1. SEC
2. Pac 12
3. Big 12

All I said was that the Big 10 is better than the ACC. Florida St. is the ACC. Outside of Florida St., the ACC is pretty bad. I'll take Ohio St., Michigan St., and Wisconsin over the top 3 ACC teams all day. Heck, your own article says the Big 10 is 4-13 in January bowl games while the ACC is 3-13. Was that your prove for the ACC being a better conference?

By the way, the USA Today's Coaches Poll agrees with me.

7 SEC

6 Pac 12

4 Big 124

4 Big 10/11/12/13/14

3 ACC

Preseason Coaches Poll

1 FLORIDA STATE 14-0 1543 56 NR –
2 ALABAMA 11-2 1455 0 NR -
3 OKLAHOMA 11-2 1382 3 NR –
4 OREGON 11-2 1314 1 NR –
5 AUBURN 12-2 1271 0 NR –
6 OHIO STATE 12-2 1267 1 NR –
7 UCLA 10-3 1085 0 NR –
8 MICHIGAN STATE 13-1 1050 0 NR –
9 SOUTH CAROLINA 11-2 1009 1 NR –
10 BAYLOR 11-2 965 0 NR –
11 STANFORD 11-3 955 0 NR –
12 GEORGIA 8-5 905 0 NR –
13 LSU 10-3 833 0 NR –
14 WISCONSIN 9-4 654 0 NR –
15 USC 10-4 627 0 NR –
16 CLEMSON 11-2 535 0 NR –
17 NOTRE DAME 9-4 509 0 NR –
18 ARIZONA STATE 10-4 358 0 NR –
19 OLE MISS 8-5 346 0 NR –
20 TEXAS A&M 9-4 266 0 NR –
21 KANSAS STATE 8-5 257 0 NR –
22 NEBRASKA 9-4 228 0 NR –
23 NORTH CAROLINA 7-6 175 0 NR –
24 TEXAS 8-5 143 0 NR –
25 WASHINGTON

7 SEC
6 Pac 12
4 Big 12
4 Big 10
3 ACC

Big Ten ranks:

Wisconsin, Ohio St., and Michigan St. all ranked higher than the 2nd best ACC team. Sounds pretty similar to what I was saying.

Last edited by hailtoyourvictor on Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: I hate that there is a playoff this year   I hate that there is a playoff this year EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 4:08 pm

MgoBlue wrote:
Hail-With all due respect to your personal ACC-B1G tournament you held in your head.  The numbers don't lie.

http://m.startribune.com/?id=238330141

The next time you show someone respect, it will be the first.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: I hate that there is a playoff this year   I hate that there is a playoff this year EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 8:05 pm

I don't see the SEC with two teams in this year.

My thoughts... the B1G champ will get in. The SEC champ will get in. Florida St will be there. The kicker is that if UCLA wins the PAC (like many predict) that their SOS will easily put them in over the #2 SEC team.

Now if a two loss team wins the PAC then it just might be the #2 SEC team. It could very well be the BIG12 champ also. But IMO either UCLA or Oregon are probably going to end the year and come out of the PAC with only one loss.  my bet is that it will be UCLA. even with Marriotta being a heisman candidate.  

I just don't see it playing out any other way.

***EDIT*** Oklahoma is riding a high right now with their decisive win over bama last year and they have a young QB who shows GREAT poise. They could be one of the four as well. I just don't know enough about who is returning at this point to say that they will be one of the teams in. But I do know about UCLA and I like them as one of the four.

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: I hate that there is a playoff this year   I hate that there is a playoff this year EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 8:22 pm

Honestly, I have no problem with the SEC getting 2 teams in the 4 team playoff if that's how things lineup. The SEC is unquestionably the best conference in football and often times the 2nd best team in the SEC is going to be a top 4 team. I'm not saying it's a lock, but if it's how things line up then so be it.

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: I hate that there is a playoff this year   I hate that there is a playoff this year EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 7:23 am

I just think the first requirement should be winning your conference.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: I hate that there is a playoff this year   I hate that there is a playoff this year EmptyFri Aug 08, 2014 11:09 am

fishgoblue22 wrote:
I just think the first requirement should be winning your conference.

If conference strengths were equal, then fine. They aren't.

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: I hate that there is a playoff this year   I hate that there is a playoff this year EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 10:34 pm

MgoBlue wrote:
1. Did you forget Wisconsin is in a bit of a transition phase?  I don't think anyone knows where or what Wisconsin is.  Let's wait a year or two before we crown them in the upper echelon.  LSU should tell us where they are vs. the big boys.

Big Ten championships 3 of the last 4 years and looking solid against a top-tier SEC team. I don't think it is "Ohio St. and MSU and then everyone else." Wisconsin is very much in whatever tier MSU is in.

PostSubject: Re: I hate that there is a playoff this year   I hate that there is a playoff this year Empty

Back to top Go down

I hate that there is a playoff this year
Page 1 of 1