Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

So Drake Johnson May be your opening day starting RB.

Go down 
+4
wshoes
dwoody
joe
fishgoblue22
8 posters
AuthorMessage
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

So Drake Johnson May be your opening day starting RB. Empty
PostSubject: So Drake Johnson May be your opening day starting RB.   So Drake Johnson May be your opening day starting RB. EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 2:21 pm

If so, I hope he succeeds. He worked hard to be #2 last season only to be hurt in game one.

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2014/08/brady_hoke_drake_johnson_deveo.html
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: So Drake Johnson May be your opening day starting RB.   So Drake Johnson May be your opening day starting RB. EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 3:14 pm

I read the comments.

Tell you what. We've got 4 pretty damn good running backs if you include Ty Isaac. I don't think Green at #3 is that far from Johnson t #1.

Nice thing for the coaches and us fans. The coaches have backups and we can argue about who's the best! lol.

Don'tcha know everyone's favorite player is the backup QB?

Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: So Drake Johnson May be your opening day starting RB.   So Drake Johnson May be your opening day starting RB. EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 6:14 pm

Time will tell if the o-line will give these guys a chance. (This comment does not amount to an excuse for last year's starter).
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: So Drake Johnson May be your opening day starting RB.   So Drake Johnson May be your opening day starting RB. EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 8:20 pm

At some point we may need to acknowledge that Green has been a disappointment. Maybe he can work on his blocking, bulk back up and be a fullback. I think Isaac is number one whenever he becomes eligible.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: So Drake Johnson May be your opening day starting RB.   So Drake Johnson May be your opening day starting RB. EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 8:23 pm

I prefer to think of Drake Johnson and DeVeon Smith as surprises before I'd say Green is a disappointment.

Holy Crap, he's a true sophomore!
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: So Drake Johnson May be your opening day starting RB.   So Drake Johnson May be your opening day starting RB. EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 9:57 pm

I wasn't expecting Johnson to be 100% this year, so this is finally some great news. It seems like Michigan has been getting hit with the pre-season injury bug quite a bit lately and it's nice to be on the flip side of things.

This doesn't bode well for my early sleeper pick of Justice Hayes.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: So Drake Johnson May be your opening day starting RB.   So Drake Johnson May be your opening day starting RB. EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 12:44 am

I am reserving the right to have this "I told you all so" smirk on my face right now.

You all know how I've been talking up Johnson since his days as an elite hurdler in high school. I just always thought he could be something special for UM. He's done nothing as of yet but it seems like I'm finally going to get to watch him have his shot. I'm excited.

I'll use this post to also remind everyone how hyped I've been for Mone. I said in a post last year that even if we got Hand that Mone would be the best get for the class on D (not named Peppers). I took some heat for that. We'll never get to know since DH went to Bama. Still I'm excited to keep hearing all of the positives being said about Mone. If he can stay at 320-ish he'll be a great supporting player to Hurst. Mone can allow Michigan to bring in fresh depth throughout the game without missing a beat.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: So Drake Johnson May be your opening day starting RB.   So Drake Johnson May be your opening day starting RB. EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 6:27 am

wshoes wrote:
At some point we may need to acknowledge that Green has been a disappointment. Maybe he can work on his blocking, bulk back up and be a fullback. I think Isaac is number one whenever he becomes eligible.

'shoes

Yes, and that would be when he graduates or transfers and never contributes, but until then, he may surprise. I expect a lot out of him in the next three seasons.
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: So Drake Johnson May be your opening day starting RB.   So Drake Johnson May be your opening day starting RB. EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 8:51 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
I am reserving the right to have this "I told you all so" smirk on my face right now.

You all know how I've been talking up Johnson since his days as an elite  hurdler in high school. I just always thought he could be something special for UM. He's done nothing as of yet but it seems like I'm finally going to get to watch him have his shot. I'm excited.

I'll use this post to also remind everyone how hyped I've been for Mone. I said in a post last year that even if we got Hand that Mone would be the best get for the class on D (not named Peppers). I took some heat for that. We'll never get to know since DH went to Bama. Still I'm excited to keep hearing all of the positives being said about Mone. If he can stay at 320-ish he'll be a great supporting player to Hurst. Mone can allow Michigan to bring in fresh depth throughout the game without missing a beat.

Sandy....same here on Johnson. I have not been as hyped about Johnson for as long as you have as I did not see him in high school, but I think you know that I have been talking him up from the first time I saw him. I felt really bad for him as I sat in my recliner and watched his season end with his injury last year. Still a long way to go to the opener, and lots of things can happen, but, like you, I am glad that he is going to get his shot and let the best back!

As for Mone...I do remember you being a huge fan of his from the start! Hopefully he can stay on track and help the DL. We need it.

And, I am glad to read that Jake Butt is doing so well!! As some of you know, I know Jake from him playing high school ball with my grandson, so this is sort of personal for me! Smile

Soooo, not going to have the "I told you so" smirk on my face, but I am walking around with a shit eating grin on my face....for now! LOL

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: So Drake Johnson May be your opening day starting RB.   So Drake Johnson May be your opening day starting RB. EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 9:07 am

The competition at RB can only be good for us. Guys like Green better get their shit together or the will get buried on the depth chart. Isaac regardless of if he plays this year I believe will really heat things up. I saw him in the Michigan drill the other day just lower his shoulder and blow up a defender. I like the way he runs and can't wait for him to be eligible.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: So Drake Johnson May be your opening day starting RB.   So Drake Johnson May be your opening day starting RB. EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 9:55 am

MgoBlue wrote:
The competition at RB can only be good for us.  Guys like Green better get their shit together or the will get buried on the depth chart.  Isaac regardless of if he plays this year I believe will really heat things up.  I saw him in the Michigan drill the other day just lower his shoulder and blow up a defender.  I like the way he runs and can't wait for him to be eligible.

I think Isaac will end up being the best of the group. I really hope he has to sit this year. It would be nice to have the year of seperation between him and the rest of the group.
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: So Drake Johnson May be your opening day starting RB.   So Drake Johnson May be your opening day starting RB. EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 12:15 pm

I get what you are saying but for me this is a do or die season. I want the best guys on the field regardless of future implications.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: So Drake Johnson May be your opening day starting RB.   So Drake Johnson May be your opening day starting RB. EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 12:39 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
wshoes wrote:

'shoes

Yes, and that would be when he graduates or transfers and never contributes, but until then, he may surprise.  I expect a lot out of him in the next three seasons.

+1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So Drake Johnson May be your opening day starting RB.   So Drake Johnson May be your opening day starting RB. Empty

Back to top Go down

So Drake Johnson May be your opening day starting RB.
Page 1 of 1