Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Suckeye QB

Go down 
+4
wshoes
MgoBlue
booboo
GOBLUEJOE66
8 posters
AuthorMessage
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

New Suckeye QB Empty
PostSubject: New Suckeye QB   New Suckeye QB EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 8:02 pm

What does anyone know about the new O$U QB J.T. Barrett? I know the coaches,players and fans are required to give this a positive spin, but lots of people are saying the Sucks will not lose all that much with him starting.

They are saying he does have the weakest arm of the 3 QB's but "his cerebral approach to the game, pinpoint accuracy and the sort of athleticism required to run Ohio State's offense even after suffering an ACL injury as a senior in high school. At this point, the Buckeyes elevated Barrett to the backup spot simply because, as Herman said Monday, "the offense moves better when he's in there."

Thoughts/knowledge/opinions?

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
booboo

booboo

New Suckeye QB Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Suckeye QB   New Suckeye QB EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 10:16 pm

Meyer:

17-6 at BGSU, 22-2 at Utah, 65-15 at Florida, 24-2 at OSU

That be 128-25 total. As much as I don't like Meyer, his W-L track record speaks for itself, so the point is he probably pretty good at evaluating talent. So I'm guessing he knows Barrett is the man to lead to Suckeyes.

With that said OSU has to replace 4 OL, Hyde graduated. Might be a little tougher on a new QB.
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

New Suckeye QB Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Suckeye QB   New Suckeye QB EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 11:40 am

Well I had a good response typed up but it apparently did not save. I will just leave you with this:

http://heavy.com/sports/2014/08/jt-barrett-bio-stats-full-name-ohio-state-quarterback/

Ohio is still the most talented team with arguably the best coaching staff. We play them in C-bus and we suck on the road under Hoke. I would be concerned even if Shoes was the QB.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

New Suckeye QB Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Suckeye QB   New Suckeye QB EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 11:48 am

Hey--- I have only average arm strength and I'm not that mobile anymore (though I used to be good at Dodgeball).
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

New Suckeye QB Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Suckeye QB   New Suckeye QB EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 12:05 pm

Still enough to beat Michigan on the road.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

New Suckeye QB Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Suckeye QB   New Suckeye QB EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 12:23 pm

MgoBlue wrote:

Probably true. Ohio St.'s front 7 is still going to wreak havoc on opposing offenses and I cringe thinking about the battle in the trenches that game.

BOLEACH7

New Suckeye QB Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Suckeye QB   New Suckeye QB EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 2:10 pm

hey shoes ..... just hand the ball off and hit the short quick passes and we will be fine !!!!
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

New Suckeye QB Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Suckeye QB   New Suckeye QB EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 3:29 pm

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
MgoBlue wrote:

Probably true. Ohio St.'s front 7 is still going to wreak havoc on opposing offenses and I cringe thinking about the battle in the trenches that game.  

With the hiring of Larry Johnson I expect that group to be much improved.
Back to top Go down
blu4vr

New Suckeye QB Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Suckeye QB   New Suckeye QB EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 3:52 pm

He was the #3 dual threat QB out of high school, he missed most of his senior year due to an injury and his throwing mechanics are better than Millers. Not as fast as Miller and not as big.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

New Suckeye QB Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Suckeye QB   New Suckeye QB EmptyThu Aug 21, 2014 9:20 pm

blu4vr wrote:
He was the #3 dual threat QB out of high school, he missed most of his senior year due to an injury and his throwing mechanics are better than Millers.  Not as fast as Miller and not as big.

this pretty much sums it up.

He's good enough to start over Cardale Jones who many pegged as the next O$U qb once he committed.

Barrett kind of reminds of Guiton which, IMO, isn't a good thing for opposing teams.

wshoes

New Suckeye QB Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Suckeye QB   New Suckeye QB EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 8:42 am

I think they will manage fine, provided Barrett now stays healthy and still contend for the BT because Urban is a great offensive coach-but Miller was what made their offense special.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
blu4vr

New Suckeye QB Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Suckeye QB   New Suckeye QB EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 4:20 pm

Miller was what made their offense special.

I would offer that last year it was Hyde that made it work. There are a couple that can take his place, but who stands out is yet to be seen.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

New Suckeye QB Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Suckeye QB   New Suckeye QB EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 5:40 pm

blu4vr wrote:
Miller was what made their offense special.

I would offer that last year it was Hyde that made it work.  There are a couple that can take his place, but who stands out is yet to be seen.  

I don't think they have one back that can move the ball like Hyde. THey have some good ones and they have guys that will be productive for them but they don't have another Carlos Hyde. Couple that with a new QB and a new O line and there is no way they will remain #1 offense this year. THey will take a step back.

New Suckeye QB Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Suckeye QB   New Suckeye QB EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 7:46 pm

Quote :
I don't think they have one back that can move the ball like Hyde. THey have some good ones and they have guys that will be productive for them but they don't have another Carlos Hyde. Couple that with a new QB and a new O line and there is no way they will remain #1 offense this year. THey will take a step back.

Elliott. He is the next big thing at RB. Rod Smith will get some time, but he has fumble troubles. Look for him to block more than he carries the ball and be a check off receiver.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Suckeye QB Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Suckeye QB   New Suckeye QB Empty

Back to top Go down

New Suckeye QB
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: MICHIGAN FOOTBALL :: MICHIGAN FOOTBALL FORUM-
Jump to: