Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Drake Harris likely redshirt (as expected)*

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Drake Harris likely redshirt (as expected)* Empty
PostSubject: Drake Harris likely redshirt (as expected)*   Drake Harris likely redshirt (as expected)* EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 12:16 pm

fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Drake Harris likely redshirt (as expected)*   Drake Harris likely redshirt (as expected)* EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 1:27 pm

No shock there.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Drake Harris likely redshirt (as expected)*   Drake Harris likely redshirt (as expected)* EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 4:01 pm

The more shocking to me was Ian Bunting.

I suppose you can always burn it any time you want/need.

I sorta thought he might get in the TE mix.

BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: Drake Harris likely redshirt (as expected)*   Drake Harris likely redshirt (as expected)* EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 4:09 pm

Must mean they are very confident that Butt will be 100 % soon, and I guess that Funchess will still see some plays at TE, especially close to the end zone where he will be a total mis-match for the D
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Drake Harris likely redshirt (as expected)*   Drake Harris likely redshirt (as expected)* EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 4:20 pm

I still think we may actually go with zero tight ends on a decent number of snaps this year. Wide receiver appears to be a position of depth and strength. The way we blocked last year (including the tight ends), it might even help the running game to have wideouts force safeties to respect them.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Drake Harris likely redshirt (as expected)*   Drake Harris likely redshirt (as expected)* EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 5:26 pm

BOLEACH7 wrote:
Must mean they are very confident that Butt will be 100 % soon, and I guess that Funchess will still see some plays at TE, especially close to the end zone where he will be a total mis-match for the D

I think there is a 0% chance Funchess sees snaps at TE.
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: Drake Harris likely redshirt (as expected)*   Drake Harris likely redshirt (as expected)* EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 5:44 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
BOLEACH7 wrote:

I think there is a 0% chance Funchess sees snaps at TE.

mistake I think Fish .... in the red zone he is a total mis-match and can be used as the go to guy in that short a field
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Drake Harris likely redshirt (as expected)*   Drake Harris likely redshirt (as expected)* EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 5:51 pm

He'll be a huge goal line threat for sure, but the other team is likely to defend him down there with their best cover guy whether he is lined up at TE or split out-IMO.
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: Drake Harris likely redshirt (as expected)*   Drake Harris likely redshirt (as expected)* EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 5:57 pm

hey shoes , as regards your previous posts , you really think that Nussmeier will go with no TEs more often than not ? Do you expect Butt to be split out when he returns as well
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Drake Harris likely redshirt (as expected)*   Drake Harris likely redshirt (as expected)* EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 6:36 pm

BOLEACH7 wrote:
hey shoes , as regards your previous posts , you really think that Nussmeier will go with no TEs more often than not ? Do you expect Butt to be split out when he returns as well

Bo- no did not mean to imply more often than not- just that I think we'll see it more than the last 3 years, and I think it makes sense in terms of playing to what I think is a strength- i.e. wide outs. How soon Butt comes back and how effective he is will make a big difference. None of the tight ends blocked very well last year.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drake Harris likely redshirt (as expected)*   Drake Harris likely redshirt (as expected)* Empty

Back to top Go down

Drake Harris likely redshirt (as expected)*
Page 1 of 1