Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Friends, if you're up to it, check my math

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
michmike

Friends, if you're up to it, check my math Empty
PostSubject: Friends, if you're up to it, check my math   Friends, if you're up to it, check my math EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 9:00 am

I broke down and read up on the NFL QB-rating formula here: http://www.nfl.com/help/quarterbackratingformula

My computations on Devin yesterday (13/14 passing, 173 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTs) give him a rating of 202.55.  Superlative.

Obviously, we know that will have to come down as the season grinds on and, more importantly, as the competition improves
(can it go any other way?)

As I read in a comment on MLive by one of that site's once-decent forum's posters, NavyDoc404 (whom I wish were here),
we learned, as expected, precious little about our team yesterday.  How much can one glean from beating up a bad team?
Then again, as he said, it was enjoyable to watch. Particularly the long runs by Green and Smith, and the aggressive, not passive,
defense (particularly the bump-and-run at the LOS, not continually giving 10-yard cushions, reminiscent of RichRod's game plans).

We'll garner plenty of real information on Team 135 next Saturday night, on the road, in a hostile night atmosphere, against a
revenge-hungry Irish unit (that also beat up a bad team, but didn't look too shabby for one missing 3 key starters).
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Friends, if you're up to it, check my math Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friends, if you're up to it, check my math   Friends, if you're up to it, check my math EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 12:48 pm

Agree Mike, have to temper the optimism-BUT- we could have had a big negative and real reason for pessimism with a mediocre performance yesterday- so step one cleared.

'shoes
Back to top Go down

Friends, if you're up to it, check my math
Page 1 of 1