Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

huge statement game Saturday

Go down 
+4
MGOBLUEBC
wshoes
sandyeggo_blue
BOLEACH7
8 posters
AuthorMessage
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

huge statement game Saturday Empty
PostSubject: huge statement game Saturday   huge statement game Saturday EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 4:10 pm

We will see what kind of improvement if any this team has made... Utah may stink on the road but they are much more talented than Appy and Miami... a close game or a come from behind win will not be acceptable imho.... hopefully the running game continues to improve behind a solid display from the OL.... receivers need to step up if Funchess is out.... last so called easy game.... we will not be huge favorites if at all once B1G games start
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: huge statement game Saturday   huge statement game Saturday EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 5:36 pm

I know they haven't really played anyone yet (idaho st and fresno st) but Utah is averaging 58 points a game. Still pretty decent no matter who you're playing. They rushed for 238 and 258 respectively in those two games. They had some good passing numbers too.

The nice thing is that they seem to hold the ball a bit longer on throwing plays. IMO that is the only reason why we haven't had big sack totals yet. Our Pass rushers are getting into the backfield and getting hits on the QB but the teams we've played have typically gotten the ball out fast, just before clark or beyer or a rushing DB or a LB could get to them.

I think with a bit of pressure and our D line and LBs playing good we can really stifle their O and keep them down much much lower than 58 points.

Haven't heard about our injuries though. If Funchess can get back in the game that would be a HUGE plus. If we can get Ramon Taylor back in also that would really help the DBs.

It's gonna be a pretty good game. Maybe too close for me to keep my inside voice in check.

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: huge statement game Saturday   huge statement game Saturday EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 6:42 pm

What I hope Sandy is that the coaches have this team prepared.... ND game was embarrassing enough but to come out flat against Miami was very troubling, no matter what the final score was
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: huge statement game Saturday   huge statement game Saturday EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 7:01 pm

BOLEACH7 wrote:
What I hope Sandy is that the coaches have this team prepared.... ND game was embarrassing enough but to come out flat against Miami was very troubling, no matter what the final score was

I feel like Utah is the type of team UM has always been fairly decent at preparing for (a non spread offense)

If Hoke loses this one at home by 14 or more than I think 99.9% of the fan base will be ready to move on. Hoke really is on the hot seat with this game. In fact I think he's gonna be there the rest of the season no matter how it plays out.

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: huge statement game Saturday   huge statement game Saturday EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 7:26 pm

God help us if we lose Saturday... I could just see social media and hear talk radio... if I were Hoke I would not go out in public LOL.... however I think we win Saturday... like I said though I wanna see how we win that will be important
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: huge statement game Saturday   huge statement game Saturday EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 7:33 pm

We are an excellent home team and they are a poor road team so we have that very real edge.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: huge statement game Saturday   huge statement game Saturday EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 10:47 pm

BTN Live just reported that Utah is #1 in the nation in sacks and tied for #1 in tackles for loss. this game could get interesting and or ugly for UM fans.

Vegas currently has the over/under at 54.5 and is giving utah 4. with home field typically being worth 3 points, vegas essentially has it a 50/50 game.

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: huge statement game Saturday   huge statement game Saturday EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 7:33 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
BTN Live just reported that Utah is #1 in the nation in sacks and tied for #1 in tackles for loss. this game could get interesting and or ugly for UM fans.

Vegas currently has the over/under at 54.5 and is giving utah 4. with home field typically being worth 3 points, vegas essentially has it a 50/50 game.

Sandy- vegas would essentially have it as a toss-up--on a neutral field but- it is at The Big House. I would not feel nearly as confident in our chances if this was not at home.
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: huge statement game Saturday   huge statement game Saturday EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 8:35 am

Interesting scores involving Fresno State, who Utah has played this year:
USC won 52-13
Utah won 59-27
Neb won 55-19

Pretty evenly matched scores.

So, does this mean Utah is nearly as good as Nebraska & USC? Not necessarily, but it might mean Michigan better play a d*m good game to beat Utah. After seeing that, I'm just not so sure we are going to win this one.

Anyway, I thought it was kind of interesting and just throwing it out there for ya'll to chew on.

GO BLUE!
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: huge statement game Saturday   huge statement game Saturday EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 9:47 am

MGOBLUEBC wrote:
Interesting scores involving Fresno State, who Utah has played this year:
USC won 52-13
Utah won 59-27
Neb won 55-19

Pretty evenly matched scores.

So, does this mean Utah is nearly as good as Nebraska & USC? Not necessarily, but it might mean Michigan better play a d*m good game to beat Utah. After seeing that, I'm just not so sure we are going to win this one.

Anyway, I thought it was kind of interesting and just throwing it out there for ya'll to chew on.

GO BLUE!

I look at that and I thinkg "Holy crap Fresno St is bad". When did each team call off the dogs? Why did Fresno score more agains Utah than they did against NEB and USC?

I'm feeling pretty good about this game. But then again, I felt good about ND.
Back to top Go down
jjabilene

PostSubject: Re: huge statement game Saturday   huge statement game Saturday EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 9:51 am

I see this game as a tossup. The big thing in Utah's favor is that they play at a fast pace and have a mobile QB, two things that our defense has historically and recently struggled mightily with. Hopefully we won't be having flashbacks to Indiana from last year. Also, against the only real football team we've played this year, the offense completely pooped the bed. They also pooped the bed for a quarter and a half against arguably the worst team in college football at home.

The only shred of hope I have for this team is the possibility that they started slowly with a new o-coordinator and young offensive line and will improve greatly as the season progresses, a la MSU from last year. This is a huge game for Hoke, there's not too much more room for nails in his coffin.
Back to top Go down
the artist formally known

the artist formally known

PostSubject: Re: huge statement game Saturday   huge statement game Saturday EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 12:22 pm

Utah Is Michigan 5 years ago great offense no defense, So here the question is Michigan's Defense good enough to slow Utah down , so that The inept offense can score..

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: huge statement game Saturday   huge statement game Saturday EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 12:23 pm

wshoes wrote:
...Sandy- vegas would essentially have it as a toss-up--on a neutral field but- it is at The Big House. I would not feel nearly as confident in our chances if this was not at home...

shoes I tend to agree with you about UM's home field advantage. Plus Hoke is 10-0 vs non conference teams at home.

players playing with urgency is an entirely different thing than coaches coaching with urgency and JJ hit the nail on the head (no pun intended) when he said this about Hoke..."there's not too much more room for nails in his coffin."

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: huge statement game Saturday   huge statement game Saturday EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 12:54 pm

just read this on MgoBlog:

http://mgoblog.com/content/fee-fi-foe-film-utah-defense#more

I feel a lot better now about the (IMO) skewed Utah defensive numbers.

UM's O line could be in for a good game which would be a major confidence booster.

Our athletic and big WRs could have a field day since Utah plays almost exclusively man coverage. Utah uses a 3-3-5 and they are undersized so if DG can get some time to throw it then watch out.

This could also bode well for our run game. It's almost a given that UM is going to come out and stubbornly try to establish the run game with Green and Smith trying to shove the ball down their throats. Most likely that will cause Utah to put a few more in the box so that should make Chesson, Darboh, Butt and Funchess' day a bit better (provided Funchess plays).

I'd really like to see Norfleet or Canteen have a big day on short crossing routes. I'd like to show the other teams in the B1G how big of a threat they can be. Give the other teams one more thing to have to prepare for when they face us.

I guess my wish list for this game is:

1. Tighten up special teams

2. Have a + margin in TOs

3. No offensive lulls (i.e. back to back 3 and outs or TOs or a combination of the two)

4. huge statement game Saturday 835423663

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: huge statement game Saturday   huge statement game Saturday EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 4:31 pm

I'll sign up for your wish list.
Back to top Go down
blu4vr

PostSubject: Re: huge statement game Saturday   huge statement game Saturday EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 6:46 pm

How about no injuries? And please play the second string if there is a chance. The reps will do them good.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: huge statement game Saturday   huge statement game Saturday EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 10:39 pm

blu4vr wrote:
How about no injuries?  And please play the second string if there is a chance.  The reps will do them good.

+1

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: huge statement game Saturday   huge statement game Saturday EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 10:21 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
I guess my wish list for this game is:

1. Tighten up special teams

Horrible today

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
2. Have a + margin in TOs

I'm so glad that UM was able to provide Utah with more interceptions today than they've had in the last two years combined

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
3. No offensive lulls (i.e. back to back 3 and outs or TOs or a combination of the two)

This offense is horrible. Just horrible

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
4. huge statement game Saturday 835423663

Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad

The OP was "Huge statement game"

Michigan definitely made their statement.

PostSubject: Re: huge statement game Saturday   huge statement game Saturday Empty

Back to top Go down

huge statement game Saturday
Page 1 of 1