Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

**THIS MIGHT MAKE YOU FEEL A LOT BETTER**

Go down 
+6
sandyeggo_blue
BOLEACH7
gm_goblue1205
booboo
wshoes
Admin
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

**THIS MIGHT MAKE YOU FEEL A LOT BETTER** Empty
PostSubject: **THIS MIGHT MAKE YOU FEEL A LOT BETTER**   **THIS MIGHT MAKE YOU FEEL A LOT BETTER** EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 9:26 am

http://gregghenson.com/new-information-on-the-new-michigan-coach-and-ad/

This guy is saying that Brandon and Hoke are both out, according to three significant sources, one being a former star player and currently a top donor to the program.

Echoes what we've been saying: in order to get a top coach to come to AA, UofM realizing now that DB has to be removed first.

wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: **THIS MIGHT MAKE YOU FEEL A LOT BETTER**   **THIS MIGHT MAKE YOU FEEL A LOT BETTER** EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 9:55 am

If Rick Leach is one of the sources, I'm not sure. Rick really supported RR (he saw that as supporting Michigan) to his credit, and I don't think he has ever liked Brandon. Still, I hope it's true.
Back to top Go down
booboo

booboo

PostSubject: Re: **THIS MIGHT MAKE YOU FEEL A LOT BETTER**   **THIS MIGHT MAKE YOU FEEL A LOT BETTER** EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 1:18 pm

I follow @gregghenson on twitter, I respect his opinions & I'm sure he has good sources.

If this actually happens, you can't wait to the Monday morning after the OSU game to fire DB. Then take a month to hire a new AD, then take another month to hire a coach. Now its late January you're losing recruits.

Presume things go on thru back channels with having a new AD in place, so after OSU game new AD is ready to go, he in turn talks to the Harbaughs, Miles.

Hope this is true!!!

Back to top Go down
gm_goblue1205

gm_goblue1205

PostSubject: Re: **THIS MIGHT MAKE YOU FEEL A LOT BETTER**   **THIS MIGHT MAKE YOU FEEL A LOT BETTER** EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 5:16 pm

guys to add to that from some resources they got two candidates for the AD Job and these guys were at michigan durning BO's Tenure they are Ward Manuel the AD at Uconn and Brad Bates, the current AD at Boston College.

About Ward Manuel was a HUGE Bo Schembechler recruit from New Orleans in the mid 80′s who injured his neck and retired from football as a Wolverine. He spent many years in the Michigan Athletic Department after his injury and was highly regarded before he left for The AD position at University of Buffalo. He hired Turner Gill at Buffalo and along with Gill they achieved Buffalo’s first winning record and post season bid in 2008, since the program went D-1 in 1999. While winning on the field, Manuel also increased revenue at Buffalo from $11 million to $25 million in 3 years. He knows both sided of the business. He is currently the Athletic Director at UCONN.

About Brad Bates is the current AD at Boston College. Brad Bates, who Bo Schembecher thought would make a great Michigan AD in “Bo’s Lasting Lessons,” leaves Miami (NTM) for Boston College, according to the BC school paper The Heights. Bates played under Bo from 1977 to 1981 as a walk-on DB. I know less about Bates than Manuel, but he appears to be a solid candidate.

whats your thoghts about that
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: **THIS MIGHT MAKE YOU FEEL A LOT BETTER**   **THIS MIGHT MAKE YOU FEEL A LOT BETTER** EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 5:50 pm

Either one would be better than Jerry Jones, both were in the running I believe after Martin, unless I am mistaken
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: **THIS MIGHT MAKE YOU FEEL A LOT BETTER**   **THIS MIGHT MAKE YOU FEEL A LOT BETTER** EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 6:17 pm

BOLEACH7 wrote:
Either one would be better than Jerry Jones, both were in the running I believe after Martin, unless I am mistaken

BO I love how you call him JJ because of this...

http://www.freep.com/article/20140112/COL08/301120093/drew-sharp-michigan-wolverines-football-dave-brandon

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: **THIS MIGHT MAKE YOU FEEL A LOT BETTER**   **THIS MIGHT MAKE YOU FEEL A LOT BETTER** EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 6:22 pm

http://www.annarbor.com/sports/david-brandon-introduced-as-new-michigan-athletic-director/

article confirms a few things...

1. The decision to hire DB was entirely, 100% MSC.

..."Regent Olivia Maynard said the hire was Coleman's decision alone.

"We were not part of the process because it really was Mary Sue's decision," said Maynard"...

2. Bates and Manuel were considered in 2010 as was DeCarolis.

..."Miami of Ohio athletic director Brad Bates, Oregon State AD Bob DeCarolis and Buffalo AD Warde Manuel, all of whom have ties to Michigan, also were candidates for the job"...

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: **THIS MIGHT MAKE YOU FEEL A LOT BETTER**   **THIS MIGHT MAKE YOU FEEL A LOT BETTER** EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 8:56 am

I thought the Oregon State guy was going to get the job back then.

BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: **THIS MIGHT MAKE YOU FEEL A LOT BETTER**   **THIS MIGHT MAKE YOU FEEL A LOT BETTER** EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 4:01 pm

Make it happen Mr. President and regents... get rid of the prima donna Brandon first and I guarantee that coached will be lining up to coach at Meechigan... keep him and even if he fires Hoke's no one in his right mind would work under him
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: **THIS MIGHT MAKE YOU FEEL A LOT BETTER**   **THIS MIGHT MAKE YOU FEEL A LOT BETTER** EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 4:57 pm

BOLEACH7 wrote:
Make it happen Mr. President and regents... get rid of the prima donna Brandon first and I guarantee that coached will be lining up to coach at Meechigan... keep him and even if he fires Hoke's no one in his right mind would work under him

Coaches are not going to be lining up to come to UM. Program is dead and they will have to hire an up and comer to hopefully revive the program.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: **THIS MIGHT MAKE YOU FEEL A LOT BETTER**   **THIS MIGHT MAKE YOU FEEL A LOT BETTER** EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 5:53 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
BOLEACH7 wrote:

Coaches are not going to be lining up to come to UM.  Program is dead and they will have to hire an up and comer to hopefully revive the program.

I'm not so sure about that fish. There are tons of coaches that would line up for the chance to coach at UM. The real question is, will there be an elite candidate (i.e. Harbaughs, sumlin, cameron, gruden etc) in that line?

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: **THIS MIGHT MAKE YOU FEEL A LOT BETTER**   **THIS MIGHT MAKE YOU FEEL A LOT BETTER** EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 6:07 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:
BOLEACH7 wrote:

Coaches are not going to be lining up to come to UM.  Program is dead and they will have to hire an up and comer to hopefully revive the program.

I'm not so sure about that fish. There are tons of coaches that would line up for the chance to coach at UM.  The real question is, will there be an elite candidate (i.e. Harbaughs, sumlin, cameron, gruden etc) in that line?

Is Cameron an elite candidate? He has been a failure at very head coaching stop.
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: **THIS MIGHT MAKE YOU FEEL A LOT BETTER**   **THIS MIGHT MAKE YOU FEEL A LOT BETTER** EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 6:43 pm

Michigan is Michigan, it is always a destination job... just like notre shame, Bama, Texas , USC and on... don't think for a minute that people in the know don't know what has been going on behind the scenes.... get rid of Brandon and bar Carr from having anything to do with the football program and it becomes more attractive... facilities second to none .... Bama was on a downward spiral since Bear other than a couple of magical years, what had USC become when sneaky Pete rescued them.... don't kid yourself Fish, Michigan is still big time in college football, just like the Cowboys minus Brandon would have coaches falling over themselves to coach
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: **THIS MIGHT MAKE YOU FEEL A LOT BETTER**   **THIS MIGHT MAKE YOU FEEL A LOT BETTER** EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 7:29 pm

BOLEACH7 wrote:
Michigan is Michigan, it is always a destination job... just like notre shame, Bama, Texas , USC and on... don't think for a minute that people in the know don't know what has been going on behind the scenes.... get rid of Brandon and bar Carr from having anything to do with the football program and it becomes more attractive... facilities second to none .... Bama was on a downward spiral since Bear other than a couple of magical years, what had USC become when sneaky Pete rescued them.... don't kid yourself Fish, Michigan is still big time in college football, just like the Cowboys minus Brandon would have coaches falling over themselves to coach

We'll see
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: **THIS MIGHT MAKE YOU FEEL A LOT BETTER**   **THIS MIGHT MAKE YOU FEEL A LOT BETTER** EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 7:35 pm

lol Fish.... maybe I am grasping at straws... just believe that a couple of internal moves can right the ship...we all want the same thing , watching Meechigan back in the top tier .... GO BLUE !!!!!
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: **THIS MIGHT MAKE YOU FEEL A LOT BETTER**   **THIS MIGHT MAKE YOU FEEL A LOT BETTER** EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 7:57 pm

BOLEACH7 wrote:
lol Fish.... maybe I am grasping at straws... just believe that a couple of internal moves can right the ship...we all want the same thing , watching Meechigan back in the top tier .... GO BLUE !!!!!

I hope so.
Back to top Go down
SmittyT01

PostSubject: Re: **THIS MIGHT MAKE YOU FEEL A LOT BETTER**   **THIS MIGHT MAKE YOU FEEL A LOT BETTER** EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 1:13 pm

I'm new to the forum and had to reply to this topic. What coach wouldn't want to come in and take over at Michigan? There honestly is loads of un-tapped talent that hasn't been developed. Michigan has I believe 75 of 102 on the roster that are sophomores and juniors. While RR didn't focus on defense, there was talent that had matured after he left. Hoke reaped the benefits in my opinion, but that was on the offensive side of the ball. Mattison is a great defensive coordinator as well as Nussmeier on the offensive side. Depending on how things shake out, it would be amazing if they both stayed. Brady Hoke just isn't a tactician. If they go 9-3 or 8-4( which I hope) for some reason, Hoke stays. He will be gone if not, but an elite coach would be foolish not to want to come and take over all of that talent. As well as be a part of the most storied program in college football in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: **THIS MIGHT MAKE YOU FEEL A LOT BETTER**   **THIS MIGHT MAKE YOU FEEL A LOT BETTER** EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 1:49 pm

SmittyT01 wrote:
I'm new to the forum and had to reply to this topic. What coach wouldn't want to come in and take over at Michigan? There honestly is loads of un-tapped talent that hasn't been developed. Michigan has I believe 75 of 102 on the roster that are sophomores and juniors. While RR didn't focus on defense, there was talent that had matured after he left. Hoke reaped the benefits in my opinion, but that was on the offensive side of the ball. Mattison is a great defensive coordinator as well as Nussmeier on the offensive side. Depending on how things shake out, it would be amazing if they both stayed. Brady Hoke just isn't a tactician. If they go 9-3 or 8-4( which I hope) for some reason, Hoke stays. He will be gone if not, but an elite coach would be foolish not to want to come and take over all of that talent. As well as be a part of the most storied program in college football in my opinion.

Welcome, Smitty. Thanks for posting with us.

I agree with everything you said. However, it will depend who that new coach is regarding the return of Nuss and Matty.

If it's a Harbaugh, I think Mattison stays on (especially John). As for Nussmeier, I'm not so sure. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Jim serves as his own OC, doesn't he??

The retention of specific assistants will be an interesting development. I would love to see Roy Manning kept on (simply for keeping our current recruiting classes that are unsigned intact as much as possible). And while I don't think Hecklinski has proved himself to be a spectacular WR coach, his recruiting prowess certainly can't be denied. Keep him on staff in some way, shape or form.

sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: **THIS MIGHT MAKE YOU FEEL A LOT BETTER**   **THIS MIGHT MAKE YOU FEEL A LOT BETTER** EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 2:15 pm

SmittyT01 wrote:

my brother-in-law and I talked about this last night. There should be ZERO losses at Oline, ZERO losses at RB, ZERO losses at WR. If shane can get some meaning full experience this year then this team could be pretty decent moving forward for Hoke (if he stays). So that is something to think about. The problem is that Hoke has shown very little in the development category thus far.

We do lose some major parts of the D though (Ryan, Beyer, Clark, etc) but again D hasn't particularly been the issue. Granted they haven't always played to the level we expect (looking at you DBs) but for the most part they have been the only thing keeping us from being right there with the Miamis of the the college football world. OK maybe not that bad but you get my point.

also, welcome smitty

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: **THIS MIGHT MAKE YOU FEEL A LOT BETTER**   **THIS MIGHT MAKE YOU FEEL A LOT BETTER** EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 3:18 pm

I'm sure we have all seen a sign in a bar that says "Free beer tomorrow". That's where we are under the current state of affairs. When does tomorrow come? My only hope is that the Tigers can get me through October, and then it will be time for basketball.
Back to top Go down
blueest

PostSubject: Re: **THIS MIGHT MAKE YOU FEEL A LOT BETTER**   **THIS MIGHT MAKE YOU FEEL A LOT BETTER** EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 3:24 pm

Admin wrote:
SmittyT01 wrote:

Welcome, Smitty. Thanks for posting with us.

I agree with everything you said. However, it will depend who that new coach is regarding the return of Nuss and Matty.

If it's a Harbaugh, I think Mattison stays on (especially John). As for Nussmeier, I'm not so sure. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Jim serves as his own OC, doesn't he??

The retention of specific assistants will be an interesting development. I would love to see Roy Manning kept on (simply for keeping our current recruiting classes that are unsigned intact as much as possible). And while I don't think Hecklinski has proved himself to be a spectacular WR coach, his recruiting prowess certainly can't be denied. Keep him on staff in some way, shape or form.

Greg Roman is Jim's OC in San Francisco. I think Jim would bring his DC with him to Michigan (Vic Fangio). Roman was Jim's OC at Stanford and Vic was his DC. I think he would bring those guys with him.

I don't think Jim Harbaugh would be the type to come to a new job and keep the 2 existing coordinators. He would probably want to bring in a whole new staff.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: **THIS MIGHT MAKE YOU FEEL A LOT BETTER**   **THIS MIGHT MAKE YOU FEEL A LOT BETTER** EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 3:39 pm

dwoody wrote:
...I'm sure we have all seen a sign in a bar that says "Free beer tomorrow"...

can you give me that address so I can google it. I want to go that bar tomorrow. Very Happy

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: **THIS MIGHT MAKE YOU FEEL A LOT BETTER**   **THIS MIGHT MAKE YOU FEEL A LOT BETTER** EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 3:49 pm

Whenever you get there, you will see the same sign!
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: **THIS MIGHT MAKE YOU FEEL A LOT BETTER**   **THIS MIGHT MAKE YOU FEEL A LOT BETTER** EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 3:52 pm

dwoody wrote:
Whenever you get there, you will see the same sign!

sorry my sarcasm didn't come through in my reply ha ha!

PostSubject: Re: **THIS MIGHT MAKE YOU FEEL A LOT BETTER**   **THIS MIGHT MAKE YOU FEEL A LOT BETTER** Empty

Back to top Go down

**THIS MIGHT MAKE YOU FEEL A LOT BETTER**
Page 1 of 1