Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

UM vs Minny

Go down 
+2
wshoes
sandyeggo_blue
6 posters
AuthorMessage
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

UM vs Minny Empty
PostSubject: UM vs Minny   UM vs Minny EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 12:55 pm

pretty solid, high level breakdown of the game this weekend

http://michigan.247sports.com/Article/Minnesota-Football-Quick-Hits--31466914

- Minnesota is 124th in the country in passing, with only 399 yards through the air in four games. The Gophers completed one pass for seven yards last Saturday against San Jose State.

- The Gophers rank 67th in the country in total defense, while the offense is 85th overall in the country in scoring.

- Minnesota starting quarterback Mitch Leidner has been limited in practice this week because of a sprained MCL but there is a good chance he plays on Saturday.

- Sophomore tight end and the leading receiver for the Gophers, Maxx Williams missed last weeks game with a calf injury but has a chance to play Saturday.

- The Gophers are 30th in the country in rushing, averaging 236.3 yards per game. Senior running back David Cobb leads the team with 539 rushing yards and four touchdowns. Cobb had 207 yards on the ground last week against SJSU.

- Minnesota has seven players out for the season with injuries. Four of them were either starters or in the two-deep on the depth chart.

- Senior middle linebacker Damien Wilson leads the Gophers with 44 total tackles through four games.

- The Gophers have only completed 46.2 percent of their passes this year, with three passing touchdowns compared to five interceptions.

- Minnesota has scored on 75% of their trips inside the red zone. Opponents have scored on 83% of their trips inside the red zone against Minnesota.

- The Minnesota secondary is strong, with four upperclassmen starting at safety and cornerback. Safety Cedric Thompson led the team in tackles last year.

- Minnesota ranks second nationally in forced turnovers. They have six fumble recoveries and seven interceptions on the year.

1. Looks like our DBs will have a chance to lock them down and maybe get some more confidence moving forward.

2. Sounds like a good game to test our run D.

3. If Shane gets the start it worries me that their experienced secondary could fool  him up a bit and cause an INT or two  

4. Could be another bad day for TOs for UM
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

UM vs Minny Empty
PostSubject: Re: UM vs Minny   UM vs Minny EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 12:59 pm

Excellent match-up for us- the one I feel most confident about. We need a good win to rebuild team confidence and give the kind of positive feedback that only winning can bring.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

UM vs Minny Empty
PostSubject: Re: UM vs Minny   UM vs Minny EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 1:57 pm

If Shane starts they better not go with the ultra conservative game plan. That always irritates me. Heck, Hackenburg through a lot of passes as a true frosh last year. If Shane starts, let him play with the entire playbook. UM coaches worry so much about the youngster, it stunts their growth when they are only allowed to execute half the plays.
Back to top Go down
theJET84

theJET84

UM vs Minny Empty
PostSubject: Re: UM vs Minny   UM vs Minny EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 2:01 pm

Me: You think Shane starts?

UM Football Player: " Probably but nothing is set yet. "

NO, I will not say who the player is. Let's just say I met him while coaching against his team in basketball. The nothing is set yet part leads me to believe that Shane is gonna start unless he literally falls on his face in practice....
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

UM vs Minny Empty
PostSubject: Re: UM vs Minny   UM vs Minny EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 2:01 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
If Shane starts they better not go with the ultra conservative game plan.  That always irritates me.  Heck, Hackenburg through a lot of passes as a true frosh last year.  If Shane starts, let him play with the entire playbook.  UM coaches worry so much about the youngster, it stunts their growth when they are only allowed to execute half the plays.

If he starts, I foresee a ton of waggle plays (our old school play-action play that put the ball in our H back or TE's hands...a la Jerame Tuman, Aaron Shea, Bennie Joppru, etc.).
Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

UM vs Minny Empty
PostSubject: Re: UM vs Minny   UM vs Minny EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 2:02 pm

Wow, this is an awesome write up about the waggle.

http://www.bucksweep.com/waggle.htm

Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

UM vs Minny Empty
PostSubject: Re: UM vs Minny   UM vs Minny EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 8:18 pm

BTN Live just reported that Michigan is DEAD LAST in turnover efficiency in FBS. #128 of 128. Not sure why I was shocked to hear that.

Any predictions on the amount of UM turnovers tomorrow?

I think three but I still think we can win with three.
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

UM vs Minny Empty
PostSubject: Re: UM vs Minny   UM vs Minny EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 9:47 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
BTN Live just reported that Michigan is DEAD LAST in turnover efficiency in FBS. #128 of 128. Not sure why I was shocked to hear that.

Any predictions on the amount of UM turnovers tomorrow?

I think three but I still think we can win with three.

I think four....Minny 16 UM 10

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

UM vs Minny Empty
PostSubject: Re: UM vs Minny   UM vs Minny Empty

Back to top Go down

UM vs Minny
Page 1 of 1