Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Miles

Go down 
+4
wshoes
Admin
joe
GOBLUEJOE66
8 posters
AuthorMessage
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

Miles Empty
PostSubject: Miles   Miles EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 2:49 pm

Again, I am not pushing to hire Les once BH is gone, but I saw this story on FB from a FLa fan writing a letter about Miles and the team in the Fla game and thought I would share it. Shows a side of Miles I had not heard before. If the comments show up, you should also read the first 10 or so posts. Tells a lot about Muschamp as well as $aban at Bama.

http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2014/10/les_miles_lsu_players_reaction.html

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

Miles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miles   Miles EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 3:01 pm

An issue I have with Les is the situation earlier this year where he left the suspension of a player up to the team.

This is inexcusable.

GOBLUEJOE66

Miles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miles   Miles EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 3:09 pm

joe wrote:
An issue I have with Les is the situation earlier this year where he left the suspension of a player up to the team.

This is inexcusable.
Had not heard about that joe. That is troubling!! Thanks

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Miles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miles   Miles EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 3:26 pm

100 wins in 10 seasons?

Has a Michigan coach ever done this? Certainly not Mo or Lloyd.

(Fritz wouldn't have been able to because they didn't play enough games in those days, I believe.)

Bo had 96 wins in his first 10 seasons, for an average of 9.6/year (7 of those 10 years actually produced 10 or more wins). And that was Bo's best run. Over the next 11 years of his career at UofM, he 'only' produced four more seasons of 10+ wins.

And technically, Les has produced 100 wins in 9.5 seasons, not a full 10.

joe

joe

Miles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miles   Miles EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 3:54 pm

My bad. It was last year. I am on my phone and can't. Link right now

Back to computer

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9540266/lsu-tigers-rb-jeremy-hill-reinstated-team

GOBLUEJOE66

Miles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miles   Miles EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 4:18 pm

joe wrote:
My bad. It was last year. I am on my phone and can't. Link right now

Back to computer

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9540266/lsu-tigers-rb-jeremy-hill-reinstated-team

Totally understand joe.  Been there a bunch of times!   Smile

That is a whole different situation.  It appears he was suspended, handled through the court system and then the team.  Not an issue for me.  

Still not pushing for him, but would not be totally upset if he is hired.  Keeping BH will!!!  Smile  Being in the middle of $EC country you don't get many feel good story about Les, especially from the fan of another $EC team, so thought y'all might want to read it....just in case.  

Go Blue!!   Smile
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Miles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miles   Miles EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 4:27 pm

Nice story. I would be fine with Les as long as we realized that it was a short term (5 years more or less) stop gap and we had a plan in place to groom his successor. I know, I know, Bill Snyder, Nick Saban etc- but college coaching requires a lot of energy pretty much year round and age can be a factor.
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

Miles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miles   Miles EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 8:31 am

Here's something I found regarding Les Miles that I did not know about:

http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2013/09/si_expose_on_oklahoma_state_im.html

The title is somewhat misleading because it says in the article an assistant under Les is directly accused, not Les.

Now......... I am really leery about having Les as a coach! (as if I wasn't  already)

Sorry, the guy strikes me as a loose cannon so if he knew what was going on or was involved...........I would not be the least bit surprised.

I just know I don't want him as a coach...too much baggage IMO.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Miles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miles   Miles EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 9:44 am

My wish list in order:

1) Jim Harbaugh
2) John Harbaugh
3) Dan Mullen

I'd support Miles subject to the concerns already expressed.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

Miles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miles   Miles EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 10:02 am

wshoes wrote:
My wish list in order:

1) Jim Harbaugh
2) John Harbaugh
3) Dan Mullen

'shoes

^^^^^ditto ^^^^^^^

except for Miles. I've pretty much moved him way down the list because of my above post and the fact he's up there in years. I'd like to see us take a good young coach w/great resume (or a good assistant) over Miles.  Anyway, I'd be happy with ANY of the 3 you mentioned.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Miles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miles   Miles EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 10:11 am

My guess is Less Miles is the next coach.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Miles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miles   Miles EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 11:54 am

wshoes wrote:
My wish list in order:

1) Jim Harbaugh
2) John Harbaugh
3) Dan Mullen

'shoes

I think Dan Mullen is a hell of a coach but IMO UM simply doesn't have the pieces in place that would make Dan  Mullen a successful coach at UM any time soon. Look at his first years at Miss St without a player like his current QB on his roster.

Mullen recruited Cam Newton to Florida. Now he has the exact same player in his current QB with Dak Prescott. UM doesn't have a QB on the roster or a recruit in waiting (AM or MD) that will be able to run Mullen's offense like Newton or Prescott can.

it would be YEARS (possibly another 5 years like at Miss St) before Mullen could get UM winning impressively because of the player types on the team. I personally don't want to wait that long because in all reality we've been waiting seven already.

IMO there are plenty of coaches that could walk in tomorrow and develop the talent we have (and don't kid yourself, we have talent EVERYWHERE) and make UM an instant contender for the B1G and get UM in the playoff talks in two or three short years.

I think we need a big name coach that can coach the style of players we have and not have to switch up schemes (we've seen how well that has led to DG's development).

Give me a Harbaugh. That's all.

GOBLUEJOE66

Miles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miles   Miles EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 12:56 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
wshoes wrote:
My wish list in order:

1) Jim Harbaugh
2) John Harbaugh
3) Dan Mullen

'shoes

I think Dan Mullen is a hell of a coach but IMO UM simply doesn't have the pieces in place that would make Dan  Mullen a successful coach at UM any time soon. Look at his first years at Miss St without a player like his current QB on his roster.

Mullen recruited Cam Newton to Florida. Now he has the exact same player in his current QB with Dak Prescott. UM doesn't have a QB on the roster or a recruit in waiting (AM or MD) that will be able to run Mullen's offense like Newton or Prescott can.

it would be YEARS (possibly another 5 years like at Miss St) before Mullen could get UM winning impressively because of the player types on the team. I personally don't want to wait that long because in all reality we've been waiting seven already.

IMO there are plenty of coaches that could walk in tomorrow and develop the talent we have (and don't kid yourself, we have talent EVERYWHERE) and make UM an instant contender for the B1G and get UM in the playoff talks in two or three short years.

I think we need a big name coach that can coach the style of players we have and not have to switch up schemes (we've seen how well that has led to DG's development).

Give me a Harbaugh. That's all.

As I have stated, I am NOT shilling for Les. My original post was because the article showed a side of Les I had not heard before. Yes I have said I will be OK if he is hired, but that was not meant to mean that I want him or no one.

I am just fine with the "list of three".....oh hell, I will pretty much be content with our new coach as long as his last name isn't Hoke and the last name of the AD isn't Brandon!!!! Smile

I do agree with Sandy on Mullen, plus I am hearing very strongly down here (daughter and family is MS) that Mullen wants to go back to Fla badly!! It is pretty well known that Muschamp is toast and DM has "expressed" some interest.

Sandy is right that there are plenty of coaches that could walk in tomorrow and develop the plethora of talent we have and make UM an instant contender for the B1G and get UM in the playoff talks in two or three short years. My thought is also that it needs to be a big name coach, but not sure it should be an assistant. We really need someone that has been through the wars of being a HC. A HC doesn't stand on the frickin sidelines clapping like a frickin walrus...fer God's sake!!!

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

Miles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miles   Miles EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 4:07 pm

Les Miles might very well be the guy .... wanted him in 2007 and 2010 and still think he is a very good coach ... Jim H is a long shot .... Mullen would be a grand slam hire , but Florida will probably beat us out .... John H might be available but does he want to go coach college ball ? ... don't want an up and coming assistant , the time for that was 2007 , not now that the program is in shambles ... and forget about Sumlin , why would he leave the hotbed of Txas talent to come north
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Miles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miles   Miles Empty

Back to top Go down

Miles
Page 1 of 1